Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hi everyone I have 2 near 13 hour flights ahead of me.

Any ideas of games I could play on the plane?.

Have about 50 euros to waste. And have about 150GB free on my sd card so no issues with digital games

Hollow Knight??

Hard to beat the value

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Switch modders made a breakthrough over the weekend. They've managed to get custom themes working.

With custom themes and local save backup functionality, modders are quite a bit ahead of Nintendo in terms of benign functionality that should already be part of the firmware.

CNMzGYV.jpg?1

B4bSsis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr E wrote: »
    Switch modders made a breakthrough over the weekend. They've managed to get custom themes working.

With custom themes and local save backup functionality, modders are quite a bit ahead of Nintendo in terms of benign functionality that should already be part of the firmware.

CNMzGYV.jpg?1

B4bSsis.jpg

Can't wait to try those custom themes on my second Switch!

• madmoe wrote: »
    Can't wait to try those custom themes on my second Switch!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

:eek:

Only way to ensure my first one, with all my digitally bought games doesn't get banned! After a few games I'll have the cost of the second one back anyhow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

madmoe wrote: »
    Only way to ensure my first one, with all my digitally bought games doesn't get banned! After a few games I'll have the cost of the second one back anyhow!!

Have you tried not stealing? Its a pretty solid way to not get banned.

Ive my own opinions on piracy but in the middle of the consoles lifespan is never excusable, thats just thievery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

madmoe wrote: »

The face was probably more like "stop talking about piracy"

• /\/ollog wrote: »
    The face was probably more like "stop talking about piracy"

Nah, the face was simply because he owns two Switches and they are expensive!

Whatever he / she uses them for is his / her business :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If the Switch ever gets to a point where homebrew emulators for the SNES, N64 and Gamecube are in an accurate and playable state, I'll buy a second Switch and use my original one as a homebrew box.

Nah, the face was simply because he owns two Switches and they are expensive!

Whatever he / she uses them for is his / her business :)

They're not that expensive, even I have two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »

Ah sure, I have to post this...

• /\/ollog wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Switch is arriving tomorrow! Bought:
    Mario Odyssey
    Mario + Rabbids
    Mario Party
    Crash Trilogy
    Fifa 19
    Octopath Traveler

Intend to buy:
    MK8
    Cities: Skylines

Then some other games later this year that aren't out yet (Smash, Civ VI, Mega Drive Classics, Sonic Racing). Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good list.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Devilfish698

Anyone have a fix for a left joycon that will not connect to the console at all. Have tried using the sync button and all.
    Is there an updated joycon out with out this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone have a fix for a left joycon that will not connect to the console at all. Have tried using the sync button and all.
    Is there an updated joycon out with out this problem?

Are you one of the launch models? I had the problem then but it was repaired/replaced and no issues since then.

Yeah got it the day they came out. I'm prob out of warranty now. If I buy new ones would they be a newer model with this fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Yeah got it the day they came out. I'm prob out of warranty now. If I buy new ones would they be a newer model with this fixed?

Doesn't an EU directive state you get 2 years minimum warranty? Maybe that isn't in force here but it could be worth a shot anyway if they don't repair it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The left joycon issue is a well documented issue, so you can make a very good argument that the issue existed at point of sale with a number of points of external reference to corroborate. With that in place you should first go to the retailer, and then if you get no joy bring Nintendo into the equation.

I'm not that up on the specifics of the EU directive or Irish consumer law, but we copied most of the wording of ours from England, and in the UK there are different terms of sale in scotland, wales and england that give you massive amounts of leeway (6 years in scotland, if memory serves) with the proviso that after 6 months (around 1 1/2 years in Scotland) the onus to prove that the issue *did* exist at point of sale lies with the consumer not the manufacturer. For a left joycon, that's actually not too difficult to do.

Edit : Googled - that EU directive doesn't have the burden of proof stuff in it. Fire at will!

What is the best way to contact nintendo for a repair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Nintendo.co.uk support section

https://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk

They're pretty good

/\/ollog wrote: »

Thats great. Thank you I will get into them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads I'm buying the Switch soon. Can ye tell me the best place to buy one re deals etc. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads I'm buying the Switch soon. Can ye tell me the best place to buy one re deals etc. Thanks

10% off on eBay today so maybe try some of the stores there?

Switch and Odyssey is £299 on Currys eBay so knock 10% off that using the code PAYDAY

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TitianGerm wrote: »
    10% off on eBay today so maybe try some of the stores there?

Switch and Odyssey is £299 on Currys eBay so knock 10% off that using the code PAYDAY

Tesco Outlet doing Switch refurbs for 220 pound with applied discount.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Console-32GB-With-Built-In-NFC-Touchpoint-IR-Motion-Camera/352192587411?epid=232787957&hash=item5200506693:g:UB8AAOSwZlZZ7wrQ

EDIT: Linky

Does anyone know here if you can actually order from Currys eBay to Ireland or do they block mail forwarding addreses?

Does anyone know here if you can actually order from Currys eBay to Ireland or do they block mail forwarding addreses?

They don't, bought some stuff before from Currys explicitly from ebay UK (some smart home stuff a few months ago)

They don't, bought some stuff before from Currys explicitly from ebay UK (some smart home stuff a few months ago)

Great might give it a try so. Did you use AddressPal or Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement

Great might give it a try so. Did you use AddressPal or Parcel Motel?

I used DPD Parcel Wizard, they post it out for 3.85 eur, or deliver to one of their collection points.

Advertisement