Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got a rading of 18.7C at 16.30. Often get a degree or so higher here outside Tralee by the coast when the wind is from a SE'ly direction being in the lee of the Slieve Mish mountains.

Ogimet maximum Temperatures rounded.

4YM8JWH.jpg?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Today.

lGmAU5x.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Today.

lGmAU5x.jpg?1

Trying to work out whether Clonmel had a nice day or not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Absolutely stunning day. Best day so far this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

MJohnston wrote: »
    Trying to work out whether Clonmel had a nice day or not ;)

Lovely day here thanks for the concern. First proper nice day of this "heatwave" and prob the last too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Worst heatwave ever. Still it's dry and looks like remaining so in the Deise for the next week and maybe longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Got a reading of 18.7C at 16.30. Often get a degree or so higher here outside Tralee by the coast when the wind is from a SE'ly direction being in the lee of the Slieve Mish mountains.

I recorded 18.7C in Galway city @ 17:15 - warmest day of the year so far here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Here we had our warmest day of the year in mid March 17.5C - false dawn that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Feeling much warmer here today than yesterday without the sea breeze so far. Currently 16.5C and rising here with WSW winds, Wicklow Fohn in full effect.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yesterday was glorious, proper bbq weather. Today still feeling mildish but very cloudy, but at least it's dry.

• Advertisement

Slow to warm up here near Tralee this morning under an overcast sky with the lightest bit of mist blowing in the wind ( didn't stop me painting the house though ), Cloud opened up here about 13.30 giving a burst of sunlight bringing the temp up to 15.6C, back now to 13.5C with more cloud about. Pleasant enough day.

Looks like a scorcher over in the UK

Ogimet

aYoHHiB.png?1

Rain on the NW coast

NUyyKpc.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Quite warm here in the North East of England, phones telling me 21c, very breezy and the sun is very hazy, I'd say it's not long until it's gone completely.

Cool or even cold for the week ahead not pessimistic just realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cool or even cold for the week ahead not pessimistic just realistic.

Cool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Quite warm here in the North East of England, phones telling me 21c, very breezy and the sun is very hazy, I'd say it's not long until it's gone completely.

Apparently it was 25 in the south east, meanwhile it was below zero at the top of Ben Nevis.
    There is one chart showing snow for the South East of England next weekend :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sky has cleared for some nice late evening sunshine, was cloudy for most of the day though

Cork looks like it could be up there with the warmest Temperatures tomorrow with a decent 16C or so. The SE and E not bad either.

AFolhHq.png

k06gCUB.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Is this the start of "The Great Irish Drought" in Ireland?:pac:

Looking at the charts High Pressure seems to be in charge and moves away for a bit allowing a northerly airflow to develop.
    I can't see much precipitation coming from the north especially making it as far as the south east of Ireland and then it looks like high pressure is coming back at the end of the runs.

Who switched off the Atlantic and the Jet Stream?
    Not complaining mind.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yesterday was feeling very chilly, same today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Been very dry, hoping for sunny/showery weather and 16-17 degrees soon!

I've been loving this April so far here. Less than 3mm of rainfall and no rainfall at all from the 4th-11th (still no rainfall today so far). Not very sunny and rather mild. I really like how benign it is!

Doesn't feel very mild Syran grass growth has stopped again.

I did not say VERY mild, I said rather mild which is like +0.5 to +1.0c above the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thats unlikely soil temps are above normal by +3 degrees

I didn't mean to emphasise the very bit in my post Syran. That's good to know re soil temps I put down some new grass last Saturday and no sign of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

I'm in the same boat, seed down 2.5 weeks now and hasn't started to grow either. Grass growth in general is slow enough down here probably due to the lack of rain I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

Any chance of snow for mid to late April? Hasnt been any snow for nearly 3 months...starting to get worried.

Any chance of snow for mid to late April? Hasnt been any snow for nearly 3 months...starting to get worried.

No and why are you wanting it to snow anyway this late in the year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

sryanbruen wrote: »
    No and why are you wanting it to snow anyway this late in the year?

I hear its still snowing in parts of northern and eastern Europe. Britain got loads of snow during winter and Ireland didnt so maybe it will even itself out and Ireland will get more snow this month?

Advertisement