Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

highdef wrote: »
    What's you basis on thinking that neither have a clue? I'm assuming you have good reasoning or you wouldn't have publicly posted your thoughts.
    Bullet points would be perfect to keep it short and concise.

Preferably on a separate thread
    Nice morning here in east galway so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭droidman123

What's you basis on thinking that neither have a clue? I'm assuming you have good reasoning or you wouldn't have publicly posted your thoughts.
    Bullet points would be perfect to keep it short and concise.

Simply because they are wrong so often.it's unfair of me to single those two out though,I really don't think there's ANY weather forecasters consistently right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Simply because they are wrong so often.it's unfair of me to single those two out though,I really don't think there's ANY weather forecasters consistently right.

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

anyone know/got an idea when the next dry day(s) is in Northwest area? (not necessarily sunny, just dry in the daytime with temp around 15c ?

Got really cold here today in the afternoon - very cold in fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

After tomorrow it looks fairly good!

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    After tomorrow it looks fairly good!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I believe that we're in for quite an excellent April by the looks of things with all the boxes ticked (warm, dry and sunny).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Awful day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cool and very wet in Leitrim today.
    The ground is saturated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sunny in Dublin 16....for now. 13.1c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

miserable, cold and very wet day.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rained here in Dublin 16 for 15 minutes. 0.4mm. Sun's back out again. 13.7c atm.

Don't be surprised about the rather mixed to bad start to April. It's very typical of April to have a bad start in recent years, like all the following Aprils had bad starts: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010. 2013 was the last April that didn't have a bad start unless you personally really hate cold then it was a bad start.

I am pretty impressed with my Accuweather Android phone app - it even tells me if its going to rain in the next 120 minutes and an awful lot of time its very correct.

it says now to expect showery weather late on saturday night until late on wednesday night - if thats true thats good - a fair few dry days then for the rest of the week.

Be nice if it stayed dry for the weekend though. Bitter cold out tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Felt cool in Tralee in the afternoon as the breeze picked up. No sunshine all day. Top temp 11.3C here.

Ogimet Max Temp

9zVjvcy.png?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

BBQ weather Saturday hopefully.

KehbEQf.png

LpnwMxY.png

Nice sunshine here in the afternoon getting up to 12.6C . Felt pleasant out in the calm airs.

Ogimet Max Temps today.

Pq4QQA9.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Hooter23

We have had warmer days and nights in the middle of January:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Hooter23 wrote: »
    We have had warmer days and nights in the middle of January:rolleyes:

That says more about how messed up the January climate has become than anything else.

• Advertisement

Best temperatures towards late afternoon/early evening tomorrow it would seem.

nBN9nEg.png

Om4SUYK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Where is the heat??

beyond Wednesday current indications suggest continued settled weather with largely dry and cold weather

No sign of any washout weather to come, according to Met Éireann ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭highdef

Where is the heat??

I'm with you on that question!!! 12 - 15c in the second week of April is not exactly unusal. Admittedly, if the sun is out and you're out of the breeze (or it's calm), then it will feel very pleasant as the sun is gaining a decent bit of strength now. Having said that, this is completely to be expected when the sun comes out in April.

I'm with you on that question!!! 12 - 15c in the second week of April is not exactly unusal. Admittedly, if the sun is out and you're out of the breeze (or it's calm), then it will feel very pleasant as the sun is gaining a decent bit of strength now. Having said that, this is completely to be expected when the sun comes out in April.

Where is the Donegal weather channel? Having said that the paper of record is reporting a mini heatwave tomorrow. Incredible stuff from a reputable paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What's the chances of rain in the afternoon tomorrow (Sunday) on the east coast ?

If anyone says it will rain I'll use my imaginary powers to ban everyone ;)

Alternately i may or may not be able to bring the kids to tayto park:)

No rain for 5 days now here near Tralee. Looks like we might get some light rain late morning / early afternoon tomorrow.

IMO as for around Dublin /Meath looks to stay dry until the early afternoon, possibly a bit misty in the afternoon ( could stay dry ) and light rain possible around 17.00 -19.00 but passing over quickly.

MHuaJlU.png

PvvhkR0.png

eM4TLOD.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No rain for 5 days now here near Tralee. Looks like we might get some light rain late morning / early afternoon tomorrow.

IMO as for around Dublin /Meath looks to stay dry until the early afternoon, possibly a bit misty in the afternoon ( could stay dry ) and light rain possible around 17.00 -19.00 but passing over quickly.
    Thanks.
    It's a pity I'm not in Tralee until next weekend )

So it looks like an early visit to tayto park tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Second BBQ of the year and not even easter yet, only part of me complaining is my waistline!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lovely day in Castlebar, it got up to 17.4C.

Advertisement