Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

GazzaL wrote: »
    It's unbelievable value. Even €12.99 a month for GPU is ok in my opinion. I decided to sign up now rather than risk the deal expiring ahead of the new launch, and I can play Two Point Hospital and Football Manager on my laptop in the meantime. What I've saved on GPU more than covers the cost of the Series S. An absolute no brainer.

Yup, I was explaining how such a bad deal the all access offer is for the new series x in comparison and I had a few nay sayers. I wouldn't mind but it's no secret, especially so if I knew about it. Anyway, glad you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

bazzz wrote: »
    You need to let your current subscription expire. Then add XBL Gold Codes. then
    you'd use a one month GPU code to get the 1:1 ratio. Also see this post for help.

So would this do the trick:

Get 2 of these 12 month Xbox Live (Europe) to get 24 months of Xbox Love Gold:
    https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

Then add this 1 month Game Pass Ultimate (Worldwide), which would convert the 2 years of Xbox Live Gold to GPU totaling 25 months of GPU?:
    https://www.cdkeys.com/1-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Smacs89 wrote: »

https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

Then add this 1 month Game Pass Ultimate (Worldwide), which would convert the 2 years of Xbox Live Gold to GPU totaling 25 months of GPU?:

Myself I'll be doing it soon, after my current GPU runs out. So I've not done it before. But I'll be going for XBL Gold from Brazil (much cheaper). So I'll use a VPN on my PC to login to my Xbox account via Brazil servers and redeem the codes. Then I'll use a one month(local) GPU sub to activate the 1:1 conversion.
    You might need to ask others regarding the XBL Gold EU cards.

Also when redeeming each XBL Gold sub, turn off auto-renew and you'll get an extra free month with each 12 month XBL Gold code you redeem.

So 2 x 12 month Brazil/or whatever country XBL Gold codes + 1 month GPU

Should give you 26 months GPU......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

theteal wrote: »
    Just redeeming the codes. Basic instructions here

thanks kindly, theteal. Mine expires today, and the Brazil deals looks ideal. Fingers crossed!

Oh, here's a question. So my gamespass ultimate expired last night, and to my sons horror he couldn't play Fortnite this morning. He got a prompt though to try GPU for 1 euro for a month.

If I stack the live, then get the GPU through that, will it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

the corpo wrote: »
    Oh, here's a question. So my gamespass ultimate expired last night, and to my sons horror he couldn't play Fortnite this morning. He got a prompt though to try GPU for 1 euro for a month.

If I stack the live, then get the GPU through that, will it work?

Yes.

That's the crap thing about Xbox Gold, unlike with PSN and Nintendo Online you still need an active subscription to play free online games. A sub is only required for paid, non subscription based games(pretty much everything except MMOs).

Ah, may have slightly borked it. Is the most you can stack 3 years? I bought 3 from Brazil, added the recurring sub bonus month as I added the first two, and then it wouldn't let me add the third, as I guess it takes me past the three years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Man, Slay the Spire is awesome.

Best game I've played in ages

the corpo wrote: »
    Ah, may have slightly borked it. Is the most you can stack 3 years? I bought 3 from Brazil, added the recurring sub bonus month as I added the first two, and then it wouldn't let me add the third, as I guess it takes me past the three years

Yeah, 36 months max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I had stacked game pass for 3 years and think I have under 2 years left now, can I top this back up to 3 years using gold? sorry if this question has been asked already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is there anything to be said for separating the thread out into two parts, how to buy game pass, and what games are actually in it / added / removed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Man, Slay the Spire is awesome.

Best game I've played in ages

It's great fun. I've been enjoying Bridge Constructor Portal as well.

I picked up a clip for the xbox controller to put my phone in it as well for xcloud. Going to put these 400+ Mb/s download 5G speeds through it paces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I had stacked game pass for 3 years and think I have under 2 years left now, can I top this back up to 3 years using gold? sorry if this question has been asked already

I think a year of gold equates to something like 4 months of GPU - not sure if that's still even doable/convertible though. I think the best/cheapest plan now to add a few extra months is to add a year of EA play @ £20 which will convert to 4 months GPU when they kill it in a few months - I'm sure there are more knowledgeable folk here who could confirm/squash that idea

You would need your current GPU (if that's what you are asking about) to expire,
    to avail of the 1 ( 1 month XBL Gold ) :1 ( 1 month GPU) ratio.

If you top-up while you still have a GPU sub active, you'll get the following :

526429.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

You would need your current GPU (if that's what you are asking about) to expire,
    to avail of the 1 ( 1 month XBL Gold ) :1 ( 1 month GPU) ratio.

If you top-up while you still have a GPU sub active, you'll get the following :

526429.png

Thanks so doesn't seem like much point in getting more gold subs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Now that Sony have announced the price of their first party games for the next generation (80 fecking euro), Game Pass is starting to look ridiculously good value. I mean, it's already an incredible deal, but now?

I'm assuming that Microsoft are going to follow suit here, can't see them not doing it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

CatInABox wrote: »
    Now that Sony have announced the price of their first party games for the next generation (80 fecking euro), Game Pass is starting to look ridiculously good value. I mean, it's already an incredible deal, but now?

I'm assuming that Microsoft are going to follow suit here, can't see them not doing it to be honest.
    yea that true doh they need to bring out a new 12 month gold because when old codes run out xbox gold end up being more expensive than plus.

UK got the real shaft due to how bad Sterling is, up from £50-55 to £70.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It'll be interesting — I can see Microsoft maintaining lower pricing for their first party games purely because it's another angle on which they can make PlayStation look bad, and they will be hoping to largely make up the difference with Game Pass subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got an email saying Games Pass for PC price is increasing from €4 to €10. Time to cancel, as i don't use it anyway as waiting to upgrade the pc, but no point keeping it if its increasing, only held onto it thinking I would get to keep it at that price.

• Advertisement

Got an email saying Games Pass for PC price is increasing from €4 to €10. Time to cancel, as i don't use it anyway as waiting to upgrade the pc, but no point keeping it if its increasing, only held onto it thinking I would get to keep it at that price.

€4 was while it was in beta. I guess because the limited selection starting off and also being used as a beta tester for the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've no doubt that's why, but I have it in my head that when I got it it said that was the price going forward, which is why I got it thinking it was a special offer for early adopters. Don't use it so no point keeping it at €10, €4 was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Given they have stated you will get a free upgrade from XOne games to XSeries versions for free, unless they start charging €80 for all Xone games this holiday (WD:Legion, ACValhalla, Cyberpunk) it doesnt make sense as only the most clued out person would see two games with a €20 difference and choose to pay more.

Now, if they eventually make XSeries only titles, they will probably claw north of €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Although, Microsoft also launch their Microsoft Studios titles into Game Pass on day one, so there wouldn't be the same need to charge €80 as Sony announced.

What other publishers do may be a different matter, though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Although, Microsoft also launch their Microsoft Studios titles into Game Pass on day one, so there wouldn't be the same need to charge €80 as Sony announced.

What other publishers do may be a different matter, though.

Not the same need, but Microsoft are clearly more interested in driving Game Pass subscriptions than in selling games. An €80 default RRP will make Game Pass even better looking, in my opinion.

Right, pretend I'm an idiot. :pac:
    My gamepass runs out today. I've done the €1 upgrade before. So step-by-step I can add 2 Gold codes and then then through the console sign up for a month of GPU and get the 26 months GPU?
    Also how easy is it to use a Brazilian Gold code? I've no VPN and not arsed setting one up so is there any point trying to use the BR workaround as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Is this the right version that I should buy for Xbox Live? and the one everyone else got?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Is this the right version that I should buy for Xbox Live? and the one everyone else got?

Nevermind just bought it elsewhere.

Microsoft seem to have raised the price of Xbox Live Gold. Theres now only 1 and 3 month option. The 3 month option is 20EUR so 12 months is 80EUR :mad::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Nevermind just bought it elsewhere.

Microsoft seem to have raised the price of Xbox Live Gold. Theres now only 1 and 3 month option. The 3 month option is 20EUR so 12 months is 80EUR :mad::eek:

Did you buy it from Microsoft? And do the stacking of Gold then convert to GPU?
    My Gold is up this week so will be trying it too.

• Advertisement

You need to let your current subscription expire. Then add XBL Gold Codes. then
    you'd use a one month GPU code to get the 1:1 ratio. Also see this post for help.
    Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Just to confirm to anyone who is unsure, I had previously used the €1 upgrade offer and following excellent advice from lads on here I allowed my ultimate sub to expire, I then stacked 24 months of gold with 2 free months doing the auto renew trick and then purchased a full priced month of ultimate which then allowed me to convert the 26 months of gold to ultimate. Job done
    My Xbox Live subscription is up on the 25th of this month.
    I have a 1 month sub for GPU that I got with a new headset, whats the smartest way (or this 1:1 ratio I've seen people talk about) to get a bit more GPU, stack a few Xbox Love Codes then apply the 1 month GPU code??

I always have gotten my Xbox love codes from cdKeys and can't understand the issue I'm having at the min in my original post with not being able to add a GPU code now.
    Would someone be able to post links of which codes I should get to get this 1:1 ratio for GPU please?

Myself I'll be doing it soon, after my current GPU runs out. So I've not done it before. But I'll be going for XBL Gold from Brazil (much cheaper). So I'll use a VPN on my PC to login to my Xbox account via Brazil servers and redeem the codes. Then I'll use a one month(local) GPU sub to activate the 1:1 conversion.
    You might need to ask others regarding the XBL Gold EU cards.

Also when redeeming each XBL Gold sub, turn off auto-renew and you'll get an extra free month with each 12 month XBL Gold code you redeem.

So 2 x 12 month Brazil/or whatever country XBL Gold codes + 1 month GPU

Should give you 26 months GPU......
    Did you buy it from Microsoft? And do the stacking of Gold then convert to GPU?
    My Gold is up this week so will be trying it too.

Myself and a few others answered this a few times for you already?

Advertisement