Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

bazzz wrote: »
    Myself and a few others answered this a few times for you already?

Ammmm, I was asking TrivialArguer if he bought it from Microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Smacs89 wrote: »
    Ammmm, I was asking TrivialArguer if he bought it from Microsoft?
    Did you buy it from Microsoft? And do the stacking of Gold then convert to GPU?
    My Gold is up this week so will be trying it too.

Oh ok, your welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Oh ok, your welcome!

I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at here.....

I asked him if he bought from Microsoft and if he DID the process.
    I wasn't asking him HOW to do the process, which was already answered by yourself and some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

https://twitter.com/dckr/status/1308033917828571138?s=19

How Sony thinks a subscription service isn't sustainable I dunno. A licence to print money. Next gen will see an increase and when EA play join the ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Also microsoft bought bethesda for 7.5 billion, so we should see majority of these games added to game pass (they confirmed it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

rizzla wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/dckr/status/1308033917828571138?s=19

How Sony thinks a subscription service isn't sustainable I dunno. A licence to print money. Next gen will see an increase and when EA play join the ranks.

They also thought EA access wasn't good value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Just to confirm to anyone who is unsure, I had previously used the €1 upgrade offer and following excellent advice from lads on here I allowed my ultimate sub to expire, I then stacked 24 months of gold with 2 free months doing the auto renew trick and then purchased a full priced month of ultimate which then allowed me to convert the 26 months of gold to ultimate. Job done

What did you have to do to convert the 26 months? Did they give you the option as soon as you purchased the 1 full priced month GPU?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Did you buy it from Microsoft? And do the stacking of Gold then convert to GPU?
    My Gold is up this week so will be trying it too.

I didnt buy it from MS...too expensive. I got it from Smyths, digital download code emailed to me almost immediately after buying it. 55EUR fo 12 months.

Myself I'll be doing it soon, after my current GPU runs out. So I've not done it before. But I'll be going for XBL Gold from Brazil (much cheaper).

So I'll use a VPN on my PC to login to my Xbox account via Brazil servers and redeem the codes.
    Then I'll use a one month(local) GPU sub to activate the 1:1 conversion.
    You might need to ask others regarding the XBL Gold EU cards.

Also when redeeming each XBL Gold sub, turn off auto-renew and you'll get an extra free month with each 12 month XBL Gold code you redeem.

So 2 x 12 month Brazil/or whatever country XBL Gold codes + 1 month GPU

Should give you 26 months GPU......

So my GPU Sub expired last night. I went and bought 2 x 12 Brazilian XBL Gold from
    eneba for €29 each. Then used a Brazil VPN to redeem the two codes. Turning off the auto-renew each time, to give me 2 extra free months.

Then switched off the VPN and reloaded my Xbox account, then it gave me the option to upgrade the 26 months XBL Gold to 26 months GPU for €12.99.
    All done and upgraded GPU till 2023 for €73 saving me €243.

So my GPU Sub expired last night. I went and bought 2 x 12 Brazilian XBL Gold from
    eneba for €29 each. Then used a Brazil VPN to redeem the two codes. Turning off the auto-renew each time, to give me 2 extra free months.

Then switched off the VPN and reloaded my Xbox account, then it gave me the option to upgrade the 26 months XBL Gold to 26 months GPU for €12.99.
    All done and upgraded GPU till 2023 for €73 saving me €243.

Did you do this a on a PC or phone?

When you say
    it gave me the option to upgrade the 26 months XBL Gold to 26 months GPU for €12.99

Is this the option that came up for you? Which changes to 12.99 when you click it
    BEST VALUE
    ULTIMATE
    Get your first month for € 1,
    then € 12.99/month*

JOIN FOR € 1
    *Subscription continues automatically.

• Advertisement

Did you do this a on a PC or phone?

When you say

Is this the option that came up for you? Which changes to 12.99 when you click it ................. Yes that's what came up

I done it via my PC.

I had previously used the €1 upgrade to GPU option, when it first came out. That GPU sub ran out yesterday.
    You need to leave it expire, if you've done it before.

So after I had redeemed the two Brazilian XBL Gold codes using a Brazilian VPN.
    I switched off the VPN again and logged back into my xbox account( via PC) and
    the option was there to upgrade to GPU for €12.99(because I had used the €1 offer
    before) Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭R.F.

Never knew about the upgrade deal. I am going back to Xbox for first time in years so have never had a gamepass sub before

I think I might just do it now in case MS end it. So I just buy 3 years of Gold from this site - https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1-buy-xbox-live-gold-12-month-membership-europe/ and register them on my MS account and then just hit upgrade - https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/gold/upgrade

R.F. wrote: »
    Never knew about the upgrade deal. I am going back to Xbox for first time in years so have never had a gamepass sub before

I think I might just do it now in case MS end it. So I just buy 3 years of Gold from this site - https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1-buy-xbox-live-gold-12-month-membership-europe/ and register them on my MS account and then just hit upgrade - https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/gold/upgrade

See my post above yours. You can get Brazilian XBL Gold 12 month subs on eneba.com for €29 each. Then you use a Brazilian VPN on your PC(easiest way),
    login to your Xbox account and redeem the Brazilian Gold subs( turn off auto renew for each sub entered and you'll get a free extra month with each one).

Once you've redeemed your Brazilian Gold Subs, turn off your VPN and go back to your Xbox account and then use the GPU upgrade for €1 and if you've used 3 x 12 month Brazilian XBL Gold. That will upgrade to 39 months GPU.

I done it via my PC.

I had previously used the €1 upgrade to GPU option, when it first came out. That GPU sub ran out yesterday.
    You need to leave it expire, if you've done it before.

So after I had redeemed the two Brazilian XBL Gold codes using a Brazilian VPN.
    I switched off the VPN again and logged back into my xbox account( via PC) and
    the option was there to upgrade to GPU for €12.99(because I had used the €1 offer
    before) Hope that helps.

Yes, it does. Thanks. Just wanted to be 100% sure. I hate that theres no clarification on their site. Even in their terms they dont mention the actual rate, and give a link to where it should be but isnt.

When you go through the steps it finally gives you the rates.

I had Ultimate, it ran out, I got 12 months Gold, and upgraded to Ultimate Game Pass Again (for 12.99EUR because I already did the 1EUR offer) on my PC and got 12 months Ultimate (for the cost of 12 months gold + 12.99EUR)
    Upgrading your membership
    Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to a total of 36 months. All conversions are final; conversion ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass

Yes, it does. Thanks. Just wanted to be 100% sure. I hate that theres no clarification on their site. Even in their terms they dont mention the actual rate, and give a link to where it should be but isnt.

Just to add the conversion rate if you still have an active GPU sub, goes as
    the following.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Synode wrote: »
    What did you have to do to convert the 26 months? Did they give you the option as soon as you purchased the 1 full priced month GPU?

Yep you’ll see the option at the end of the process

I did it without the Brazilian VPN trick the other night and got GPU all the way to Christmas 2022 for about €100. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Mr Crispy wrote: »

If you fiddle with the screen contrast on your phone etc a message appears under her name : The Slayer Is Coming

Must be a new Buffy game coming soon :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Dozyart wrote: »
    If you fiddle with the screen contrast on your phone etc a message appears under her name : The Slayer Is Coming

Must be a new Buffy game coming soon :pac::pac::pac:

Something to do with Doom?

Doomguy, also referred to as the Doom Marine and Doom Slayer in later installments of the franchise

They already had 2 Doom games on Game Pass IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Doom Eternal coming to gamepass soon maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

would only be a surprise if it didn't. surely it is just a matter of when.

I would have assumed Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonoured, Fallout etc would all hit gamepass now they are (or will be soon) first party titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Doom is already on Gamespass, one of the modern ones anyway, I'm sure Wolfenstein has been too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm guessing then that it'll be The Ancient Gods DLC available day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭AH92

Does the upgrade to ultimate game pass for 1 euro deal ever get pulled by microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hurrache wrote: »
    Doom is already on Gamespass, one of the modern ones anyway, I'm sure Wolfenstein has been too.

Prey used to be on there too.

AH92 wrote: »
    Does the upgrade to ultimate game pass for 1 euro deal ever get pulled by microsoft?

Word on the street (not really) is that Gold will be phased out soon and only Gamepass will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Question, I have nine months left on gpu, could I cancel my current subscription buy 36 months gold again and just buy a month of game pass ultimate,

Someone also said a few weeks back ( I think on reddit) that when you got the series x you game pass would be converted down, so if you had nine months it would be 4.5 or something like that, I could have completely misread what they meant or not understand it, it could be bs, anyone read anything like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Hococop wrote: »
    Question, I have nine months left on gpu, could I cancel my current subscription buy 36 months gold again and just buy a month of game pass ultimate

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can only get a refund if the cancellation occurs in the first 30 days. Otherwise, cancelling the subscription simply means you won't renew it, so whatever is paid remains active for that duration.

Advertisement