Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

Playing Final Fantasy IX at the minute and it was the second game I got for my PS2 way back when 20 years ago. Gas I still recall how to play the card game it has and I'm likely using the same bloody cards to win.

They done the same with GTA V. Some person on here was planning on playing this once it came on to gamepass and I told them make sure to play it on release as I knew it wouldn't be on there long. But 4 months is plenty of time to get through the game.

I don't like the way they are using game pass as a taster and to entice people to buy it, albeit at a discount. I hope its not a trend that others follow. You can't play every game that comes along the moment it gets added in a race to finish it before they pull it down. That's about the only kind of thing that would make me want to unsubscribe and just go back to buying games thst interest me so I can play them on my own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't like the way they are using game pass as a taster and to entice people to buy it, albeit at a discount. I hope its not a trend that others follow. You can't play every game that comes along the moment it gets added in a race to finish it before they pull it down. That's about the only kind of thing that would make me want to unsubscribe and just go back to buying games thst interest me so I can play them on my own time.

Dunno, that's very odd thinking. Isn't it absolutely perfect for giving you a risk free taste of something that you wouldn't drop the cash on ordinarily, specially now that demos are a think of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Dunno, that's very odd thinking. Isn't it absolutely perfect for giving you a risk free taste of something that you wouldn't drop the cash on ordinarily, specially now that demos are a think of the past.

And the Microsoft games go straight on, as Flight Simulator has. €60 to buy.

It's not what I'm signed up for to be honest. Maybe I've got the purpose of the service all wrong, but if it becomes the normal for 120hr+ games to last only 4 months as a "taster" then I'm not interested in a service like that. We have youtube to determine if we like a game or not.

When people are saying you better play the game now and grind it out before its gone then there's something not right with it there. I'd imagine R* are playing hardball with Xbox and basically using them to squeeze more sales out. As in getting people to buy the game rather than having paid for the game through the subscription.

• Advertisement

Latest games to be added soon:
    • Final Fantasy VII HD (added August 13th, 2020)
    • Spiritfarer (added August 18th, 2020)
    • Battletoads (added August 20th, 2020)
    • Don't Starve: Giant Edition (added August 20th, 2020)
    • New Super Lucky's Tale (added August 21st, 2020)
    • Hypnospace Outlaw (added August 27th, 2020)
    • Tell Me Why - Chapter 1 (added August 27th, 2020)
    • Double Kick Heroes (added August 28th, 2020)
    • Wasteland 3 (added August 28th, 2020)
    • Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (added September 3rd, 2020)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

New Super Luckys Tale never heard of it till you just posted it. I played the original and all DLC. It's a good game. I don't know will I play it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Tabs is great fun btw, myself and the son have put in more hours than I'd care to admit this week. Social services be knocking

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fitzerelli9

Hi friends, I'd like to reapply Xbox gamepass ultimate. I found a website called "eneba" where is sells 3 months for 21.89 euro. That's seems pretty good. It says the digital key is global and can be used in Ireland. Has anyone used this, and is it a good deal?. Ps - I'm an Xbox X user in Ireland. Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

Any info on how to contact them regarding testing?

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's currently available to alpha testers. Downloading the app gives you a free month to test out the service. There are currently 21 games available to testers, a mix of Games with Gold and older 360 games, along with a few recent Microsoft releases.

Here's the list:

A kingdom for keflings
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Comic Jumper
    Dark Void
    Defense Grid 2
    Gears of War: Judgement
    Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
    Halo: Spartan Assault
    Hexic 2
    Jetpac Refueled
    Kameo
    Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood
    Monday night Combat
    Ms. Splosion Man
    OF: Dragon Rising
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Sacred 3
    Sam & Max Beyond time
    Sunset Overdrive
    The Maw
    Viva Pinata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hairdo wrote: »

Why would you need to be a tester? Game Pass has been up and running for two years now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Treppen

Hi friends, I'd like to reapply Xbox gamepass ultimate. I found a website called "eneba" where is sells 3 months for 21.89 euro. That's seems pretty good. It says the digital key is global and can be used in Ireland. Has anyone used this, and is it a good deal?. Ps - I'm an Xbox X user in Ireland. Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Never heard of them, sounds too good to be true. It's €28 on cdkeys. At least with cdkeys you'll have some chance to get s refund if it doesn't work.

Do the rewards points quests. I'm half way to 3months ultimate for free.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I've used Eneba a few times, no problems with them so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hairdo wrote: »
    Game Pass itself has been out for ages, but if you want to give the Xbox Cloud game streaming a try ahead of the public launch on 15 September, you can download the beta Game Pass app for Android (game streaming is not on iPhone yet due to Apple restrictions on game streaming services).

The Verge has details for how to get the beta app here: https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/10/21362384/microsoft-xcloud-game-streaming-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-beta-date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Treppen

Just played Carrion and Turing Test on gamepass.

Would really recommend especially once you get into the swing of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1303679758689951746

If EA Access is getting rolled into GamePass.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Oh shít, something's stirring :eek:

[/url]

Dammit druss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

druss wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1303679758689951746

If EA Access is getting rolled into GamePass.......:eek:

Ah lads at this point I feel like I'm robbing Microsoft :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

EA Play (Access) to be included with Xbox Game Pass going forward!

Probably from Nov 10th, not fully sure yet :)

The PC version of EA Play (probably not Play Pro) will also be included for those who have game pass on PC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wondering about those of us that have both? In fairness, think I got a year's worth of EA Access for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

marcbrophy wrote: »
    EA Play (Access) to be included with Xbox Game Pass going forward!

Probably from Nov 10th, not fully sure yet :)

The PC version of EA Play (probably not Play Pro) will also be included for those who have game pass on PC :D

Fcuk sake, my yearly EA Play autorenewed by mistake last week. Never use it:(

Birneybau wrote: »
    Wondering about those of us that have both? In fairness, think I got a year's worth of EA Access for €20.

they'll likely convert your remaining time over into a value of GPU I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Birneybau wrote: »

"Users who have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play purchased through Xbox will have their EA Play membership canceled and any remaining time over 50 days will be rounded up and converted to the nearest month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio of 3:1 based on ERP"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Ah lads at this point I feel like I'm robbing Microsoft :pac:

Seriously great value. I may never need to buy another game again... :-)

Launch tralier:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have a code for a year of EA access which I never redeemed.... any idea what best thing might be to do with it? Should I redeem it now then let it come across?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I just cancelled my EA Play sub this month too. This is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I wonder if there will be a reduced price to add on the "Pro" part of EA Play on top of Game Pass Ultimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

gmisk wrote: »
    I have a code for a year of EA access which I never redeemed.... any idea what best thing might be to do with it? Should I redeem it now then let it come across?

Get a few months worth of game pass and redeem it before it no longer works! The remaining time is converted so long as you have a game pass sub. Will get converted to ultimate if you have that sub.

Icing on the cake would be to undercut the PS5 price for the Series X. Even if sony could do 500 and Series X cane in at 480. Theyve got to hold tight. Let all the announcements come for Series S and game pass and keep an official series X price as a drop the mic moment.

• Advertisement

Icing on the cake would be to undercut the PS5 price for the Series X. Even if sony could do 500 and Series X cane in at 480. Theyve got to hold tight. Let all the announcements come for Series S and game pass and keep an official series X price as a drop the mic moment.

The price has been announced earlier today - €499 , to be fair theres been so much news today, its easy lose track of it. :pac:

Advertisement