Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

xtal191 wrote: »
    Strange, Metal Gear 5 was never on my Game Pass (PC)

Yeah, doesn't seem to be on PC, was just going by what was mentioned in the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Treppen

I remember trying out MGSV phantom pain, it'll take hours upon hours it's so open-world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

tried timespinner on the pc recently and found it a bit meh so far, don't think i'll be rushing back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭recyclops

so my €1 ultimate is up on the 24th of this month, whats the best advice on cheapest way to get it back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

recyclops wrote: »
    so my €1 ultimate is up on the 24th of this month, whats the best advice on cheapest way to get it back

You can check this post here

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »

perfect stuff for that thanks, one quick question does it have to be the full three years in step 1 or would it work on one or two

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

recyclops wrote: »
    perfect stuff for that thanks, one quick question does it have to be the full three years in step 1 or would it work on one or two

Any length of time will work, I just went with the full three years because that's technically the best deal

I did it recently for my brother as his had expired too. The only difference second time around is you can't use the €1 offer and will have to buy a code for one month of gamepass ultimate to use after you stacked your x amount of xbox live gold.

Just a note I used cdkeys to by the codes, no real issue but they do state that you can't stack gold codes anymore when buying the codes. This isn't true it worked fine for me.

I did it recently for my brother as his had expired too. The only difference second time around is you can't use the €1 offer and will have to buy a code for one month of gamepass ultimate to use after you stacked your x amount of xbox live gold.

Just a note I used cdkeys to by the codes, no real issue but they do state that you can't stack gold codes anymore when buying the codes. This isn't true it worked fine for me.

Hold on, an I reading this right. If you buy live gold it stacks onto the ultimate and changes to ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Treppen wrote: »
    Hold on, an I reading this right. If you buy live gold it stacks onto the ultimate and changes to ultimate

If you have an Ultimate sub and redeem a code for Live Gold, the latter is converted to Ultimate, but at a 4:1 ratio, e.g. 12 months of Gold converted to 3 months of GPU.

• Advertisement

You need to let it expire first. Then stack gold and convert that to ultimate with a 1 month code. So 3 years Ultimate for the price of 1 more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yep read back a few posts and youll see someone has linked the page with all the instructions needed

CatInABox wrote: »

so mine says its expired so i loaded up some gold and when its saying upgrade its just saying for 12.99, will this load all gold for 12.99 or did i mess it up.

just a note the ultimate is saying expired but its only for today unsure if this matters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think the issue here is that as far as I'm aware, the gold upgrade for €1 is a one time deal.

so - if you've never had gamepass ultimate before - you stack the prepaid gold codes out as far as you can (3 years max i believe), then upgrade the 36 months for a 1€.

If you've already had ultimate, and its expired, I think you're stuck at the higher rate.

I'm open to correction on this.

I think the issue here is that as far as I'm aware, the gold upgrade for €1 is a one time deal.

so - if you've never had gamepass ultimate before - you stack the prepaid gold codes out as far as you can (3 years max i believe), then upgrade the 36 months for a 1€.

If you've already had ultimate, and its expired, I think you're stuck at the higher rate.

It will still stack, but you will need to pay the full price fir a month of GPU to activate.

so i rang MS today to confirm as i wasnt risking buying more, lovely girl advised whatever gold i have on the account if i pay 12.99 it converts to ultimate. so thats me sorted until 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Before I make an absolute hames of this...

If I buy and stack a couple of 12 months gold codes. then buy a one month GPU for 13e then they all convert?

Legion. wrote: »
    Before I make an absolute hames of this...

If I buy and stack a couple of 12 months gold codes. then buy a one month GPU for 13e then they all convert?

Up to 36 months. I would advise getting 2 years before converting, with the free months you get for turning on auto renew, then turning it off again you'll have about 30 months of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

I have gold&Ultimate to Oct 2021, I wonder if it's possible to cancel Ultimate, stack another couple of years of gold and upgrade again to ultimate for 12.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Up to 36 months. I would advise getting 2 years before converting, with the free months you get for turning on auto renew, then turning it off again you'll have about 30 months of GPU.

Did this. At the stage where I'm not sure I'll still be using in 3 years so 30 months it is :pac:

Roll on Destiny 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

I currently have a Xbox Live/Gold Subscription, which is due to expire at the end of September.
    I tried adding a 1 month Game Pass Ultimate code, (bought from CdKeys) but I was getting error messages that I needed to change my Microsoft Store Region and was unable to add the Game Pass Ultimate to my account.

Contacted them through live chat and I was told that I need to either:
    1) Cancel my current subscription.
    2) Wait until my current subscription expires.

- then I would be able to avail of the €1 for the first month offer, through Microsoft, or buy separately from CdKeys etc.

Has anyone had this issue?
    The Gold subscription was a 12 month code bought from CdKeys (EU region) last September.

Smacs89 wrote: »
    I currently have a Xbox Live/Gold Subscription, which is due to expire at the end of September.
    I tried adding a 1 month Game Pass Ultimate code, (bought from CdKeys) but I was getting error messages that I needed to change my Microsoft Store Region and was unable to add the Game Pass Ultimate to my account.

Contacted them through live chat and I was told that I need to either:
    1) Cancel my current subscription.
    2) Wait until my current subscription expires.

- then I would be able to avail of the €1 for the first month offer, through Microsoft, or buy separately from CdKeys etc.

Has anyone had this issue?
    The Gold subscription was a 12 month code bought from CdKeys (EU region) last September.

Think someone mentioned it back along that CDKeys sold the incorrect region but it was labelled as EU. I carried over an old 360 account which was UK based and that screwed things up when I was trying to register with EU.
    Raise a ticket with Microsoft just to be certain then back onto CDkeys. I'm not sure but I think the gold has to be new enough to use the ultimate upgrade.

Think someone mentioned it back along that CDKeys sold the incorrect region but it was labelled as EU. I carried over an old 360 account which was UK based and that screwed things up when I was trying to register with EU.
    Raise a ticket with Microsoft just to be certain then back onto CDkeys. I'm not sure but I think the gold has to be new enough to use the ultimate upgrade.

Definitely screwy things going on with cd keys atm. Bought a code for Control earlier labeled as worldwide, they also had a UK code, and it wouldn't redeem on my account for being out of region.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

According to reports today the xcloud/game streaming is going to open beta on android till the full release on the 15th of september. for anyone who wants but hasn't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/10/21362384/microsoft-xcloud-game-streaming-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-beta-date

Did anyone get in with the new Beta App? Any difference from the xcloud preview?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

maybe a bit of a strange question

i have an xbox account for years, linked to a hotmail account

however, as i use gmail for everything, i set up my main pc account with that as the email, and created another xbox profile with that email, i use that as the home profile on my xbox and have game pass ultimate on that, which allows me to use the games on my original xbox/hotmail account where i have all my progress (Esp on destiny, crosslinked to my steam account)

the problem now is to use the new game pass on my android device, my game pass is on the account that doesn't have my progress. i could jsut switch the game pass over to the other orginal hotmail account, but then i think i wouldn't have game pass on my pc as it is linked to the gmail account

any smart way around this?

You could have changed the email address on your Hotmail xbox account to your gmail. But now you have two separate xbox accounts, one with your saves and one with your game pass sub.

I don't think this will consolidate them but you never know, its worth exploring:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12407/microsoft-account-change-email-phone-number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Red Dead Redemption 2 Leaving Game Pass

It's seems obvious the cost of having it there was too large. Four months hardly seems like much especially considering the sheer size of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They done the same with GTA V. Some person on here was planning on playing this once it came on to gamepass and I told them make sure to play it on release as I knew it wouldn't be on there long. But 4 months is plenty of time to get through the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Red Dead Redemption 2 Leaving Game Pass

It's seems obvious the cost of having it there was too large. Four months hardly seems like much especially considering the sheer size of the game.

I tore through it in two weeks when the mrs was away. Then I replayed Alien:Isolation on extreme mode. Pair of amazing games.

Advertisement