Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

The price has been announced earlier today - €499 , to be fair theres been so much news today, its easy lose track of it. :pac:
    Yeah that was leaked but they wont officially confirm it which would indicate they are still holding out to undercut the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah that was leaked but they wont officially confirm it which would indicate they are still holding out to undercut the PS5.

They did officially confirm it.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1303680112156524544?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It was officially confirmed:

https://twitter.com/XboxIE_Official/status/1303682816136409090

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have you been living under a rock today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Ah sorry I missed that, I've only seen Series S confirmation

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

2020 could turn out to be the best gaming year ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Okay, so you can pick up EA Play 12 months for around €21, depending where you look.
    They transfer to ultimate at a rate of 3:1 I think I read, so that's 4 months GPU.
    You can stack up to 3 years Play, so that would convert to 12 months GPU for €63

HOWEVER, I think the max you can have is 3 years GPU, so if you have 2.5 years already, you can only add 6 more months.

The above is subject to me thinking out loud, I'm open to correction! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Okay, so you can pick up EA Play 12 months for around €21, depending where you look.
    They transfer to ultimate at a rate of 3:1 I think I read, so that's 4 months GPU.
    You can stack up to 3 years Play, so that would convert to 12 months GPU for €63

HOWEVER, I think the max you can have is 3 years GPU, so if you have 2.5 years already, you can only add 6 more months.

The above is subject to me thinking out loud, I'm open to correction! :)

Yeah it looks like this is now the cheapest way to stack GPU now right? Just realised I'm down to a year left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

hots wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like this is now the cheapest way to stack GPU now right? Just realised I'm down to a year left.

It's around €45 for 12 months of Live on CDkeys, so you'd be better off allowing your GPU to expire, then load up Live codes, then buy a month of GPU to upgrade the lot at a 1 to 1 ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Treppen wrote: »
    Just played Carrion and Turing Test on gamepass.

Would really recommend especially once you get into the swing of it

Carrion was disappointing for me. As fun as it was to play as the "bad guy" in a Metroidvania, the fact that they didn't include a map is a bit of a shocker, makes it far harder than it should be just because you've no clue where to go whenever you need to backtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

hots wrote: »

Hoping someone can work out the advanced mathematics of this as well! I did the one euro/Gold to Ultimate move way back, and without staking three years of Gold first.

Ultimate runs until April 2021.

Occasionally cdkeys have dropped 3 months Ultimate to €21.99.
    If one moves to Rio, they have 6 months for €34.19, which is pretty decent.

But Shopto deal of €20 for EA Access would look decent, if the payback is four months of Ultimate.

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's around €45 for 12 months of Live on CDkeys, so you'd be better off allowing your GPU to expire, then load up Live codes, then buy a month of GPU to upgrade the lot at a 1 to 1 ratio.

I thought conversion on a 1 to 1 ration was a one time deal and that afterwards 12 months of GP = 5 months of GPU?

druss wrote: »
    I thought conversion on a 1 to 1 ration was a one time deal and that afterwards 12 months of GP = 5 months of GPU?

It's 1 to 1 if you've got no active subscription, so that's why you should let your sub expire, and then do it.

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's 1 to 1 if you've got no active subscription, so that's why you should let your sub expire, and then do it.

Thanks. That is interesting. Though, as I said, my sub runs till April and there were rumours that Live will become progressively more difficult to source.

I have an account set up for my daughter on Xbox, so it crossed my mind to tell her to pack for Rio and upgrade 3 years Live! But I think that's fine for Xbox consoles, but might cause issues with Cloud and PC access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

druss wrote: »
    Hoping someone can work out the advanced mathematics of this as well! I did the one euro/Gold to Ultimate move way back, and without staking three years of Gold first.

Ultimate runs until April 2021.

Occasionally cdkeys have dropped 3 months Ultimate to €21.99.
    If one moves to Rio, they have 6 months for €34.19, which is pretty decent.

But Shopto deal of €20 for EA Access would look decent, if the payback is four months of Ultimate.

It sounds like they only count your remaining EA sub after 50 days so bear that in mind too when doing the 3:1 thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Planning on getting the Series S, is this the best option for Game Pass Ultimate (based on CDKeys prices)?

3 x 12 months Xbox Live Gold Membership (€45.59 each) = €136.77
    Upgrade from Gold to GPU for €1
    Total = €137.77 for 36 months Game Pass Ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

GazzaL wrote: »
    Planning on getting the Series S, is this the best option for Game Pass Ultimate (based on CDKeys prices)?

3 x 12 months Xbox Live Gold Membership (€45.59 each) = €136.77
    Upgrade from Gold to GPU for €1
    Total = €137.77 for 36 months Game Pass Ultimate

The bones of your plan are good but if you've done the €1 upgrade before it wont work again - you would have to buy a month of GPU to convert. Also the Brazilian subs are much cheaper than that (and regularly discounted further), you just need a VPN to redeem.

theteal wrote: »
    The bones of your plan are good but if you've done the €1 upgrade before it wont work again - you would have to buy a month of GPU to convert. Also the Brazilian subs are much cheaper than that (and regularly discounted further), you just need a VPN to redeem.

Thanks. I haven't had it before so the €1 upgrade will be ok. Is it only at the point where you redeem that you need a VPN for the Brazilian sub? Not when using Game Pass?

Thanks. I haven't had it before so the €1 upgrade will be ok. Is it only at the point where you redeem that you need a VPN for the Brazilian sub? Not when using Game Pass?

Just redeeming the codes. Basic instructions here

• Advertisement

Just redeeming the codes. Basic instructions here

3 years of Game Pass Ultimate including EA Play for €93.37 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

Is there a benefit to hoarding Xbox Live Gold now? (Edit: Before the 12 membership is withdrawn!)

Have GPU subscription, but expires in Nov. I don't really play enough to get the benefit of the game pass. Was planning on stocking up on Gold and using it after my GPU expires. I've done the €1 conversion before, so not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My GPU runs out in December, I didnt really play xbox much in the year I have had it but now I will be buying the Series S so want to stock up GPU..

Can I make a new account and use the 1euro GPU deal? Is it still available. Wheres the best deal for converting go GPU?

3 years of Game Pass Ultimate including EA Play for €93.37 :)

Nice, I was told I was telling "fibs" over on the other thread :rolleyes:

My GPU runs out in December, I didnt really play xbox much in the year I have had it but now I will be buying the Series S so want to stock up GPU..

Can I make a new account and use the 1euro GPU deal? Is it still available. Wheres the best deal for converting go GPU?

If the €1 deal isn't there, you can convert a stacked amount of xbox live by redeeming a 1+ month GPU code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If the €1 deal isn't there, you can convert a stacked amount of xbox live by redeeming a 1+ month GPU code.

Would i have to redownload all the games or can they be linked to other account?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Smacs89 wrote: »
    I currently have a Xbox Live/Gold Subscription, which is due to expire at the end of September.
    I tried adding a 1 month Game Pass Ultimate code, (bought from CdKeys) but I was getting error messages that I needed to change my Microsoft Store Region and was unable to add the Game Pass Ultimate to my account.

Contacted them through live chat and I was told that I need to either:
    1) Cancel my current subscription.
    2) Wait until my current subscription expires.

- then I would be able to avail of the €1 for the first month offer, through Microsoft, or buy separately from CdKeys etc.

Has anyone had this issue?
    The Gold subscription was a 12 month code bought from CdKeys (EU region) last September.

My Xbox Live subscription is up on the 25th of this month.
    I have a 1 month sub for GPU that I got with a new headset, whats the smartest way (or this 1:1 ratio I've seen people talk about) to get a bit more GPU, stack a few Xbox Love Codes then apply the 1 month GPU code??

I always have gotten my Xbox love codes from cdKeys and can't understand the issue I'm having at the min in my original post with not being able to add a GPU code now.
    Would someone be able to post links of which codes I should get to get this 1:1 ratio for GPU please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Smacs89 wrote: »
    My Xbox Live subscription is up on the 25th of this month.
    I have a 1 month sub for GPU that I got with a new headset, whats the smartest way (or this 1:1 ratio I've seen people talk about) to get a bit more GPU, stack a few Xbox Love Codes then apply the 1 month GPU code??

I always have gotten my Xbox love codes from cdKeys and can't understand the issue I'm having at the min in my original post with not being able to add a GPU code now.
    Would someone be able to post links of which codes I should get to get this 1:1 ratio for GPU please?

You need to let your current subscription expire. Then add XBL Gold Codes. then
    you'd use a one month GPU code to get the 1:1 ratio. Also see this post for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just to confirm to anyone who is unsure, I had previously used the €1 upgrade offer and following excellent advice from lads on here I allowed my ultimate sub to expire, I then stacked 24 months of gold with 2 free months doing the auto renew trick and then purchased a full priced month of ultimate which then allowed me to convert the 26 months of gold to ultimate. Job done

• Advertisement

Nice, I was told I was telling "fibs" over on the other thread :rolleyes:

It's unbelievable value. Even €12.99 a month for GPU is ok in my opinion. I decided to sign up now rather than risk the deal expiring ahead of the new launch, and I can play Two Point Hospital and Football Manager on my laptop in the meantime. What I've saved on GPU more than covers the cost of the Series S. An absolute no brainer.

Advertisement