Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just redeemed a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription code and I now have live until the 4/5/2021. (Got the extra month)

I want to upgrade it to ultimate and it says it's 1 euro for the first month, 13 euro per month thereafter so kind of threw me! Is this the option to select when to upgrade all 13 months for 1 euro? And then it will start charging me 13 euro/month from next May? (can switch this off)

Thanks!

Yes.
    When your subscription is finished, and auto renew can be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just redeemed a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription code and I now have live until the 4/5/2021. (Got the extra month)

I want to upgrade it to ultimate and it says it's 1 euro for the first month, 13 euro per month thereafter so kind of threw me! Is this the option to select when to upgrade all 13 months for 1 euro? And then it will start charging me 13 euro/month from next May? (can switch this off)

Thanks!

No - it used to be like that with the 1 Euro - now you have to buy a key for 1 month of ultimate and then it will upgrade your live to ultimate for the duration of your live sub that you just got (i.e. 12 months) - so it's about another 9 Euro for the 1 month ultimate but that does the full 12 months for you

Or at last that's my understanding of it

deadl0ck wrote: »
    No - it used to be like that with the 1 Euro - now you have to buy a key for 1 month of ultimate and then it will upgrade your live to ultimate for the duration of your live sub that you just got (i.e. 12 months) - so it's about another 9 Euro for the 1 month ultimate but that does the full 12 months for you

Or at last that's my understanding of it

That's only if you previously redeemed the €1 Ultimate offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Birneybau wrote: »
    Not really gone on Nier Automata. Thank God I didn't buy it when I was going to.

Same as... Gave it 30 mins.. Repetitive and bland so far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone else getting an error code 0x803f900a when trying to play xbox game pass games?

Figured out what was wrong here the damn game was removed from Game Pass and to make it even stranger the two games I tried were both taking off so I thought there was a issue on Xbox live end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭This is it

How long do games generally stay on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This is it wrote: »
    How long do games generally stay on for?

I didn't even know they took games off. I thought they just kept adding more.

There are a fair few AAA games on there that I should really play before they are taking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭This is it

There are a fair few AAA games on there that I should really play before they are taking off.

Me either, I o ly signed up two weeks ago for the €1 deal :D have been playing F1 2018 mostly so I'm hoping it doesn't disappear :/

They remove games quite frequently, usually with only a week or 2 notice.

If you check the app it tells you what is leaving soon.

Currently scheduled for removal shortly are

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
    Guacamelee
    MX vs ATV Reflex
    Prey
    Samurai Shodown II

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

The sale they have on at the moment has some excellent deals, I got a couple of the lego games for peanuts to keep the little fella occupied. They are good fun to be honest!

• Advertisement

They remove games quite frequently, usually with only a week or 2 notice.

If you check the app it tells you what is leaving soon.

Currently scheduled for removal shortly are

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
    Guacamelee
    MX vs ATV Reflex
    Prey
    Samurai Shodown II

Just got an app notice that these are leaving on the 15th.

Started the Surge 2 last night. Enjoyed the first game, this seems like more of the same but combat feels a little tighter. Really like the gear system and how you acquire and upgrade it by hacking parts off of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Daughter bought Xbox and arrived today. I've set up same as I did with my Xbox 2 weeks ago, bought 2x 12 months Xbox live and done ultimate for 1 euro but it's only given me until June. Different email address used and gamertag.

Daughter bought Xbox and arrived today. I've set up same as I did with my Xbox 2 weeks ago, bought 2x 12 months Xbox live and done ultimate for 1 euro but it's only given me until June. Different email address used and gamertag.

Sure it isn't June 2022? Why didn't you just account share. If you set up your daughters Xbox as the home console for your account she would have access to your Gold, Game Pass and digital game purchases.

Sure it isn't June 2022? Why didn't you just account share. If you set up your daughters Xbox as the home console for your account she would have access to your Gold, Game Pass and digital game purchases.

No it's June 2020, was just onto Microsoft, very stressful:mad: he saying that the 2x 12 months didn't redeem so I only redeemed the 1 month free pass that came with Xbox.
    I wasn't aware of the account share, so I didn't need to buy her the gold ?

No it's June 2020, was just onto Microsoft, very stressful:mad: he saying that the 2x 12 months didn't redeem so I only redeemed the 1 month free pass that came with Xbox.
    I wasn't aware of the account share, so I didn't need to buy her the gold ?

No, seeing as the 2 x 12 month cards weren't redeemed I'd set up the account share and sell the codes on adverts or similar.

No, seeing as the 2 x 12 month cards weren't redeemed I'd set up the account share and sell the codes on adverts or similar.

Ok thanks I'll try set up account share and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

What's the closest game on Game Pass to the Call of Duty series?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Halo 5, PugG on Gamepass plus warzone free to play cod it a battle royal.

No military FPS games on Game Pass. The only FPS games are the Halo, Metro and Wolfenstein games and Doom 2016.

• Advertisement

No military FPS games on Game Pass. The only FPS games are the Halo, Metro and Wolfenstein games and Doom 2016.

Thanks for your help the other day Sniper, all sorted thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

posted this in bargains but thought I would share here too

Amazon currently have an offer on for 6 months Ultimate Game Pass for the price of one at £32.99
    Its a digital code, you buy a 3 month code and they'll email you a bonus code within 2 days

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Ultimate-Month-Membership-Months/dp/B07Z5P5VCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Xbox%2BGame%2BPass%2BUltimate%3A%2B3%2BMonth%2BMembership%2B%5BDigital%2BCode%5D&linkCode=gs3&linkId=81670de961171fa3e6a39d406a8702b1&qid=1586472743&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Its a digital code, you buy a 3 month code and they'll email you a bonus code within 2 days

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

Amazon currently have an offer on for 6 months Ultimate Game Pass for the price of one at £32.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Ultimate-Month-Membership-Months/dp/B07Z5P5VCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Xbox%2BGame%2BPass%2BUltimate%3A%2B3%2BMonth%2BMembership%2B%5BDigital%2BCode%5D&linkCode=gs3&linkId=81670de961171fa3e6a39d406a8702b1&qid=1586472743&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

Smyths are doing the same promo €38.97. Got both codes at the same time.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/gaming-memberships/xbox-one-memberships/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-–-3-month-membership/p/603691

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

Thanks. Got my 2 codes immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Hi lads,
    Right. Think I may have missed something or messed up.
    Have renewed my gold for 12 months. Then tried renewing ultimate, bought a month for 9.99.
    However, it hasnt converted to 12 months, so do we reckon this offer is now over?
    Thanks in advance
    Nick

edit : seems I've only purchased game pass for the month and not ultimate. Will get on to microsoft and see if they can refund/change

nicklauski wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Have renewed my gold for 12 months. Then tried renewing ultimate, bought a month for 9.99.
    However, it hasnt converted to 12 months, so do we reckon this offer is now over?
    Thanks in advance
    Nick

edit : seems I've only purchased game pass for the month and not ultimate. Will get on to microsoft and see if they can refund/change

You can still upgrade to Ultimate from there, the 1 month of regular game pass will convert to an additional month of Ultimate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

nicklauski wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Thanks in advance
    Nick

As sniper_samurai above says, it's not the end of the world. If you now upgrade to Ultimate, you'll get 14 months of Ultimate. 12 from the Live Gold, 1 from the gamepass, and 1 from the Ultimate upgrade offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

You can still upgrade to Ultimate from there, the 1 month of regular game pass will convert to an additional month of Ultimate.

It keeps telling me I'm trying to downgrade my subscriptions. When I'm clearly not. I'm trying to upgrade 😂😂😂
    I'll try again later. Its doing my head in.

Edit: should I just buy a months code and redeem that?

Double edit : Got there in the end on the console. Got through to July 21 for 56. Live 45, Gp 9.99, Ultimate €1.
    Would have stacked gold but the other half would go spare if I splurged 100 quid in the one go ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is this just for new users?

Advertisement