Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Glebee wrote: »
    If you are not eligable for the €1 offer just buy the 1 month for €7.99 of cdkeys and it will change your gold to ultimate

Perfect thanks a lot guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone want a code for one month? It only works for new users

I loaded up my 2 x 12 months of gold and did the recurring billing trick and got 26 months for €82, I then had to buy 1 month of ultimate on cdkeys for €9 which converted it all so I'm now stocked up till the end of July 2022. All the help and assistance very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nier Automata is being added to Game Pass, no timeframe for when it will be available though.

Nier Automata is being added to Game Pass, no timeframe for when it will be available though.

Out Thursday.

https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/1244278389390725121?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

Hi

Can anyone help please, cannot find any answer on any posts so far, but apologies if stupid question.
    I have 11 months Live Gold remaining - if I buy 1 month Gamepass Ultimate, do I definitely get 11 months Ultimate or is time remaining "converted" to shorter time. On Xbox website it mentions time remaining is converted by ratio, ie 12 months gold is 4 months Ultimate?
    Also, if at the end of subscriptions, can I revert to just Xbox Live Gold if I want?
    Thanks a mill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone help please, cannot find any answer on any posts so far, but apologies if stupid question.
    I have 11 months Live Gold remaining - if I buy 1 month Gamepass Ultimate, do I definitely get 11 months Ultimate or is time remaining "converted" to shorter time. On Xbox website it mentions time remaining is converted by ratio, ie 12 months gold is 4 months Ultimate?
    Also, if at the end of subscriptions, can I revert to just Xbox Live Gold if I want?
    Thanks a mill

That ratio is only if you add Live Gold onto an Ultimate subscription. If you go the other way around, adding Ultimate onto a Live Gold subscription, then you get the full time for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

That's great, thank you. And if I wasn't mad on it, at the end of the 11 months I can revert to just gold if I want?

Badabing1 wrote: »
    That's great, thank you. And if I wasn't mad on it, at the end of the 11 months I can revert to just gold if I want?

Yes, once you allow the Ultimate subscription to expire you can revert to gold. If it stays this way you can do the same again after getting another 12 month gold sub to switch back to ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Nier automata coming April 2nd,heard a lot of good things about it

• Advertisement

Loving Hellblade,knew nothing at all about it going into it except that they are working on a sequel. Very unique, strong story and fantastic combat. Puzzles are good, not too challenging but decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What type of a game is it? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What type of a game is it? :)

Action Adventure may? It's pretty cool about telling it's story and has some very memorable sequences. You have to play through it three times, so it's not massively long but you could sink 40+ hours into it easily enough I'd say. The 3 playthroughs are not the same you get the story from a different perspective in each of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Loving Hellblade,knew nothing at all about it going into it except that they are working on a sequel. Very unique, strong story and fantastic combat. Puzzles are good, not too challenging but decent enough.

Freaked me out, the whispering around you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Birneybau wrote: »
    Freaked me out, the whispering around you
    OK. So my game pass etc. expired today.
    So I want to get xbox gold then do the upgrade deal. Where is the cheapest gold sub these days?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So I want to get xbox gold then do the upgrade deal. Where is the cheapest gold sub these days?

Usually cdkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Usually cdkeys.

Mine expires today as well. From what I understand, once my Game Pass Ultimate has expired, I need to get Xbox Live and then once that is entered, get Game Pass for a month from the Xbox store and it will convert all my Live to Ultimate, correct?

Looking on CDkeys, apart from the price, I'm presuming there isn't any difference between these?
    - 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Xbox One/360) €50.39
    - 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - (EU) €44.39

Mine expires today as well. From what I understand, once my Game Pass Ultimate has expired, I need to get Xbox Live and then once that is entered, get Game Pass for a month from the Xbox store and it will convert all my Live to Ultimate, correct?

Looking on CDkeys, apart from the price, I'm presuming there isn't any difference between these?

No, only that the EU one has to be used in an European country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hmm - when I got it before it was an upgrade to Ultimate for 1 Euro - didn't realised it had changed - anybody here that can clarify what to do after we get the Live Key ?

Read back the previous ten posts or so and you'll get all the info you need!

• Advertisement

Hmm - when I got it before it was an upgrade to Ultimate for 1 Euro - didn't realised it had changed - anybody here that can clarify what to do after we get the Live Key ?

That offer was for first time subscribers, as you have already had Ultimate you need to pay full price for a month of Ultimate to re-up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone else getting an error code 0x803f900a when trying to play xbox game pass games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not really gone on Nier Automata. Thank God I didn't buy it when I was going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

No, only that the EU one has to be used in an European country.

And done. 14 months Game Pass Ultimate for €52 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Birneybau wrote: »
    Not really gone on Nier Automata. Thank God I didn't buy it when I was going to.

I enjoyed the first playthrough, interesting enough to keep me going. Lost interest in the second playthrough, as it's from the point of view of the secondary character you control in the first one. Basically the same with hacking instead of brute force, and some slight differences. Which was a shame, as the 3rd story is supposed to be very different with a different character.

Might wait for it to be free on PS+ at some stage, continue from where I left off, hopefully will keep my interest up to the 3rd playthrough.

What happens if you already have game pass ultimate and buy xbox live? In theory it should covert to game pass surely? Otherwise the permutations get too complicated. Or maybe it is blocked? Once you are on game pass you cannot buy xbox live? I suppose I could try it out, but maybe someone here already has.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What happens if you already have game pass ultimate and buy xbox live? In theory it should covert to game pass surely? Otherwise the permutations get too complicated. Or maybe it is blocked? Once you are on game pass you cannot buy xbox live? I suppose I could try it out, but maybe someone here already has.

It converts it, but it's not a great deal, I think 12 months of gold gets you 4 of ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Sorry for the stupid question

Xbox live : play with friends?
    Xbox game pass: play from a catalog of have
    Gold is?
    Ultimate is?
    Party is?
    Do you have to go into a game to invite a friend or is there any other way?
    Any other terminology?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Blowheads wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question

Xbox live : play with friends?
    Xbox game pass: play from a catalog of have
    Gold is?
    Ultimate is?
    Party is?
    Do you have to go into a game to invite a friend or is there any other way?
    Any other terminology?

xbox live - the online service for xbox, its free but you need to have the Gold tier to play multiplayer
    Party - a group of people in a group from your friends list, can be done in game or just from the dashboard menu
    Gamepass is essentially Netflix for games.

Ultimate is a combination of, Gold, Game pass, and gamepass for PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hey guys,

Just redeemed a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription code and I now have live until the 4/5/2021. (Got the extra month)

I want to upgrade it to ultimate and it says it's 1 euro for the first month, 13 euro per month thereafter so kind of threw me! Is this the option to select when to upgrade all 13 months for 1 euro? And then it will start charging me 13 euro/month from next May? (can switch this off)

Thanks!

Advertisement