Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options
1141142143144145147»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

The opposition give us more space to attack away from home, we're finding hard to attack sides who defend in numbers in the rsc.

What has improved massively is our defence, unfortunately it's not working for the big Polish lad at the moment, hopefully he finds his form but shifting to a back 4 with Leaghy and Horton at CB is working for us , 2 clean sheets in a row, fair play to Long for changing things making us more solid.

Another tough game against Galway and we nearly won it but an important point. We're a hard side to beat but we also try and play football, just keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭skaface

Big game Friday against Pat's… we've a good record up there last few seasons, so hopefully it will continue this weekend. Should be a Big Away following in Inchicore

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Crazy how competitive this league is

A very decent start for us but we're in 8th place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Two points dropped by the blues there last night. If we had of taken our chances we would have been out of sight by half time.

Spot on.. bad mistake from our keeper for the goal.. the only real chance they had sll game..says how far we've come when we're disappointed coming away from Inchicore with a draw.. we've taken 4 from a possible 6 points off the current cup holders already this season.. Derry at home next Friday is a must win now.. have to start winning our home games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats to the Waterford team on winning the Oscar Traynor Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Derry is not a must win game. Yes we need to start picking up more wins at home, but the likes of Derry, Rovers, Shels etc are not the teams we need to call must wins at home. Galway was more in that category, Dundalk will be, Drogs too.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

look it’s all very well clapping draws which in many cases is merited but it’s getting the odd wins is going to keep you up , it also puts less pressure on the tougher away games . While not many games are easy in this league a tight league means you can easy switch directions both positively and negatively very easy . At the moment they are doing fine just out of relegation zone just not get complacent .

Derry aswell.. with their bad run of form at the moment, now is the time to catch them at home on Friday

Long is doing a great job with this team, we're always in close games bar that Derry game that was played on a trampoline. Looking very solid at the back, McDonald is really impressing in midfield and Almond is a lethal forward. Just keep it all together for the season and I think we should stay up.

Although you never know what's around the corner with this club, at the moment it actually looks a professional outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Dammo

Ah here, that second goal. Jesus if an U-14 team defended like that you’d be fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

this goes back to applauding draws , this team needs wins fast . No shots on Target .

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Totally bossed by Derry tonight, they looked a different level. The two Louth clubs both winning tonight doesn't help either. We badly need a win.

Yep that was a bad night. Derry are really good and we're starting to struggle to create at home, we need another forward to throw in who's up to the job.

Anyone seen Baggley?

Worst performance I've seen from the team this season.. Constantly playing the ball across the back four and no creativity at all.. playing Podge up front on his own playing at home says it all really.. Keith has to take responsibility for team selection and tactics.. Both were very poor in my opinion last night.. Also, too many passengers out there last night that didn't seem to want to know.. We're bang in the relegation battle now, especially with other results last night.. Hopefully Baggley and Burke are back playing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Easily the worst performance of the last year I'd say, very very bad. We were completely controlled by Derry, who toyed with us and showed the true level difference.

I don't see anything with Rowan in midfield, hes okay as a DM but anything else I just don't see, and when we are without Baggley there is just nothing creatively coming from our midfield which isn't going to cut it. Long needs to find a solution for that I thought he was supposed to be back by now but even at that one player cannot completely make you or break you.

Bad night all round, was cold, and the two teams below winning but again, Derry are not the type of team that we "need" to be beating, if we could have got something it would have been a good result but it is the mannger of the defeat that would worry you.

I understand it, set up hard to beat first and foremost, just scrape enough points on the board to survive this season and build, no issue but sometimes we do need to be a bit more proactive in our play I feel.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

At this point of the season (and probably until mid-summer) there's normally a couple of teams up at the top who've pulled away from the others (or most recently one team that has) a load of teams bunched around the middle, one team who is definitely getting relegated and then 1-2 teams in the drop zone.

Drogs play Shamrock Rovers away in their game in hand tonight, but Waterford should be finishing above them as they're the only part-time team in the league. Anything less is a failure.

After that Waterford are trying to stay in that middle bunch, but the next few games will tell a lot. Sligo Rovers away, Shamrock Rovers away and then probably a must win fixture at home against Dundalk. They'll have Shelbourne away and then another two fixtures that they need at least four points from - Drogheda and Bohs.

I wouldn't be too panicky about Waterford but the big issue for me is they look a bit too light and not physical enough - and that could be important in the last few weeks on worsening pitches if they need to win ugly or get through playoffs. Very hard to build a siege mentality like Shelbourne have when the squad is so transient also.

I would be interested to see what's happening with Romeo's transfer fee - or if that's already been burned through in terms of salaries for the existing squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Gardner

Awful shite on Friday night. Huge problem at left full, huge problem in the centre of the park. MacDonald totally overrated and living off the fact he played for Man City youths. You need a player like Stanley/Keegan in the middle to the park to hold the ball and dictate the game. Asamoah is a one trick pony and I don’t know how Romeo hasn’t started ahead of him. It’s baffling. Darragh Power is the only player we have outside of Romeo who has the ability to go play his trade in England. Whoever gave the go ahead to pay a transfer fee for McCormack needs his P45. Radkowski and Macadam are probably 2 of the worst signings we’ve had in recent years. Pattison is robbing a living.

Advertisement