Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Yeah it is in fairness, mad following a club when all they do is give out about the players and staff. What an absolute waste of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Confirmed today, all the best to him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭skaface

Massive two home games ahead over the weekend.. Have to make Home games count.. hopefully a win tonight against a good Sligo team would set us up for a right crack at Rovers on Monday evening #BLUES

Very poor performance tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah dissapointing and not very upbeat about us on Monday against Rovers. Rovers starting to wake up

The movements on the table shows how competitive this division is. Duffers doing gods work in Shelbourne

• Advertisement

Best prepare for Division 1 next year.

Way below the standard.

How fantastical would a fan ownership be in its current state?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

An absolute non runner because the 2600 who didn't know where the RSC was a few years ago will be back at home watching EastEnders as soon as we have a bad patch unfortunately.

We were absolute garbage tonight. Stadium was flat as well. Sligo are horrible to watch.

But if people had a financial investment in it, would they not show more enthusiasm?

Far bigger clubs and far smaller clubs than Waterford FC (I still wish it was Waterford United) are fan owned or at least majority fan owned.

I understand the logistics of it and soccer isn't the number one sport in Ireland and all that but I think it'd be fantastic to at least try.

• Advertisement

Christ the whinging on social media (the supporters account on Facebook) would do your head in not all tbf a few sensible heads on there but people need a reality check. Sligo always handle themselves really well in the premier division and we saw why last night. We matched them first half, wasn't much between the 2 sides and they're very tough to play against, got a great strike for the first goal and yes we didn't play well after that but we'll have these kind of games over the season, this is a seriously tough league and we've done very well up until tonight. You can't expect to get anything from Rovers on Monday you can see we're still a side in transition with loads of new players, something that the likes of Sligo don't have to deal with. Staying up the absolute target this season anything else is a bonus.

Loads of impatientence in the crowd as well shouting at the players to hoof it into the box and Long was dead right mentioning afterwards that the players need to be calmer on the ball and wait for spaces to open up.

We will go on a bad runs but there was signs in certain parts in the ground during the game that there is no patience with this side, let's hope they stay away if we do go on a bad run. Long is doing a really good job, Reynolds departure probably affected things during the week.

Also one other thing, we need a singing section, not a peep during the game last night and has been missing for the most part in the home games. The crowd needs to play their part with this side.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

The drummers in Block E badly missed...prob not allowed drums now due to over zealous stewarding

Nothing to do with it. Block E basically have free reign and are well looked after by the club.

Im sure there never too down after a result and have a few 'pick me ups'

They travel seperate to the Supporters club busses

Something has had to of changed there because it's been going on a while now. There used to be a great noise from that section, loads of songs and it created the much needed atmosphere. I hope whatever it is is sorted out asap, the away fans are creating all the noise at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Exactly me thoughts too...zero atmosphere. Something had changed

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Deiselurker

There have been complaints from fans in block E about the new security team being over the top there telling fans to sit down and checking their tickets to see they are in the right seats. The game on Friday night wasn't the best so that could have affected atmosphere too.

I think that most people are happy with the current ownership. Fan ownership was discussed in general before when we in bad times but didn't go anywhere. Would enough fans be committed to it? It costs a lot of money to run a football club and you need experienced business people to do it.

Plenty of noise from Block E today.

Poor defending costing us big time.. we gave Rovers too much respect today and paid the price.. Bohs Away on Friday is a big game now.. games coming fast and thick now.. hopefully we'll get Baggley back soon.. he's a massive loss to us at the moment

Disappointing weekend for us and badly need a win against Bohs now. Issue is that Renie will know everything about us

• Advertisement

Absolutely, great to hear especially for an afternoon game, made a huge difference to the atmosphere. Hopefully this continues.

Disappointing result but they stayed in the game until the end against the Champions. Just finding it hard to be creative against well organised defences. Squad looks decent but we'll need to start creating chances.

Bohs will be tough Friday, they were very good against Galway tonight, the new manager buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Dammo

Good win away from home

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Great win for the Blues. Podge has replaced Coughlan beautifully. Everybody taking points off each other at the moment, except Dundalk. Was hoping Shels would take all 3 points in Drogheda to detach the Louth duo at the bottom and give us a bit of comfort! Would be happy with 3rd last come November 1st.

When is Baggley due back?

Massive 3 points last night

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭dk1982

Another month I was told at the game last night

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭dk1982

Amond was outstanding last night. Take away the goal he was still MOTM for me. Never stopped running. Great hold up play, calm on the ball and brilliant at talking to the rest of the players. Taking nothing away from Coughlan but I think he's an upgrade in this division.

Thought we defended brilliantly, Horton the stand out for me, threw himself at everything. Wingers played well also, Parsons never afraid to take on his man which is what you want. All round great performance with alot of heart and commitment shown.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Amond, you can see he just has it. His attitude is also brilliant, he throws everything into the game, some man to win a header for his size as well

Brilliant result, they were spot on last night and the decision to put the big Polish lad on the bench was right as well, he's looked a bit clumsy on the ball at times. Defence looked much more solid.

What a season Darragh Power is having as well, he's been absolutely brilliant for us so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Think a fair few of the fans, probably the newly found ones I suppose in all honesty need to reassess their expectations for the season. Survival is the name of the game this year and avoid a playoff too for a bonus point.

We've had a very good first set of fixtures overall I think, team will continue to gel and settle, of course we are seeing how important Baggley is now again when he isn't there. Could do with more creativity in the midfield, Podge has been amazing, but another who could do with some help up there.

Keep the heads and keep the faith, things are going well. We aren't going to win the league.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Tough game last night, at least we weren't beaten again by Galway.. Roll on Pat's Away next FRIDAY.. We're playing better Away from home than at home so far this season

Advertisement