Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie hill climb challenge (Dublin) 2017 - Sat 25th March, 9am, Stocking Lane

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

colm18 wrote: »
    Could a Mod update the title with date/time/location? (Saturday 25th March, 9am, Stocking Lane roundabout)

Cheers

They could, I suppose someone should ask one (flashbacks to junior cert English class) if they will?

(May be confusing this with the great May I/Can I? questions of national school.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

CramCycle wrote: »
    They could, I suppose someone should ask one (flashbacks to junior cert English class) if they will?

(May be confusing this with the great May I/Can I? questions of national school.

Ah, feck off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭devonp

Could a Mod update the title with date/time/location? (Saturday 25th March, 9am, Stocking Lane roundabout)

Cheers

is that the Rb with the exit/large sign for Stocking Wood(on Stocking Ln) or the Rb at the end of Taylors lane ??

devonp wrote: »
    is that the Rb with the exit/large sign for Stocking Wood(on Stocking Ln) or the Rb at the end of Taylors lane ??

Here's the segment - https://www.strava.com/segments/806595

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i'm 139/169 on the boards leader board

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    i'm 139/169 on the boards leader board

I'm higher (26) but haven't got near that time in the last 2 years!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm higher (26) but haven't got near that time in the last 2 years!

I'm regretting looking at the leader board now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Where is the leader board?

terrydel wrote: »
    Where is the leader board?

If you are on Strava click the link above and the Boards leader board is on the left

godtabh wrote: »
    If you are on Strava click the link above and the Boards leader board is on the left

Im not unfortunately.
    I go up stocking lane a bit but I dont think Ive ever done the full one that this tt uses. I normally turn right coming from gunny hill. I presume this tt covers that section plus about a km or so before the gunny hill junction?

• Advertisement

terrydel wrote: »
    Im not unfortunately.
    I go up stocking lane a bit but I dont think Ive ever done the full one that this tt uses. I normally turn right coming from gunny hill. I presume this tt covers that section plus about a km or so before the gunny hill junction?

Yep. It's 1.5k from the start to Gunny hill; steep part only starts then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Hopefully a few turn up for this. Long range weather looks decent too.

Post-challenge excuses can be discussed over a coffee at the Timbertrove cafe :pac:

Post-challenge excuses can be discussed over a coffee at the Timbertrove cafe :pac:

Lovely little cafe that.
    I'd have done it only Ive to leave my other bike (ktm with an engine) in for a proper clean at 9. Best of luck to all and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

At the end I think I may be able to talk myself into this... ;)

Currently 72nd on the boards leader board. TBH, if I get out for this, and I see Ryan Sherlock there, i am just going straight home again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Most likely have to give it a miss...off the bike all last week due to sickness unless you have a sicknote category :)

now to check where i am on the leader board... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

off the bike all last week due to sickness unless you have a sicknote category

There's two of us then.

Alek wrote: »
    There's two of us then.

Oh ill be in the over 90kg category!!........phew close call :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Thud

Alek wrote: »
    There's two of us then.

make that three, I'm on second round of antibiotics...zwift hillclimb anyone??

• Advertisement

Ah lads, there'll probably only be 3 of us ...wooo, podium place! :D

I plan to give it a go but maybe under major time pressures so I could have been and gone before 9.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I might give it a go, but I'm a hopeless climber, rarely venture out that way. I wanted to cry going up lovers leap lane and stepaside lane the last 2 times I was cycling south of the Liffey. It's a bit dependent on weather and if I can take out the good bike, but I'm currently using the steel tourer for all my cycling, though that has a lower gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭secman

Not commiting or anything ,where exactly is the start and finish, I'm hopeless with name places, l know its " stocking Lane ". For example I know a route from The Mill pub that brings you up a climb to a T junction, take right and that brings you up by hellfire fire club entrance, keep going and brings you up to View point. From there take high Road up to featherbed and up past kippure to Sallygap Gap.
    Have I been anywhere near stocking Lane ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

will mercian pro be there on his tandem?

I am tempted to steal my partners bike and bring the little lad out for it if it is not too cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

I'm on for this. Know no one but sign me up

Ah lads, there'll probably only be 3 of us ...wooo, podium place! :D

Are you on the sick note podium or t'other podium...:cool:

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    Not commiting or anything ,where exactly is the start and finish, I'm hopeless with name places, l know its " stocking Lane ". For example I know a route from The Mill pub that brings you up a climb to a T junction, take right and that brings you up by hellfire fire club entrance, keep going and brings you up to View point. From there take high Road up to featherbed and up past kippure to Sallygap Gap.
    Have I been anywhere near stocking Lane ?

yep, youve done the hard part of it, minus the first mile i think.

Advertisement