Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie hill climb challenge (Dublin) 2017 - Sat 25th March, 9am, Stocking Lane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Alek wrote: »
    I worked hard this morning to have a good excuse for tomorrow. With 1500m / 40k in the legs I'm not expecting to achieve anything ;)

My back will be in bits from carrying my Violin for you's ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

retalivity wrote: »
    Im going out to watch the football tonight and a few pints after so will not be there at 9am - if i am i will prob be in bits

Will go up it later in the afternoon

This is also a risk for me. My lowest gear is 34 x 26. I'd assume that's low enough for this. My aforementioned crying up stepaside lane was on a 39 x 27

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Weepsie wrote: »
    This is also a risk for me. My lowest gear is 34 x 26. I'd assume that's low enough for this. My aforementioned crying up stepaside lane was on a 39 x 27

34x26 is fine for stocking lane.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If I can get up stocking lane any one can.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's only one steep bit on Stocking Lane - at the little memorial headstone (Mick Wall?) where it goes to about 16%.

Kudos if you can do Step Lane on a 39/27, I'd be at the pin of my collar on a 34/30.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There's only one steep bit on Stocking Lane - at the little memorial headstone (Mick Wall?) where it goes to about 16%.

Kudos if you can do Step Lane on a 39/27, I'd be at the pin of my collar on a 34/30.

Considering that Stepaside Lane has sections of 20% there shouldn't be an issue

Cleaned bike, put on climbing wheels (ie slightly lighter wheels), obligatory madison bottles. Now still up in the air if I'd make it though

ncjprk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Good to see someone will have a co2. Can go a bit lighter now :P :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Serious frost in Terenure....Would Sally Gap be dodge around 10? Icy sheltered areas? Wasn't expecting that

Frost and what looks like black ice in Santry too. Might hold off myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Cleaned bike, put on climbing wheels (ie slightly lighter wheels), obligatory madison bottles. Now still up in the air if I'd make it though

ncjprk.jpg

Sweet. We have nearly the same bike.

Any one been to stocking Lane yet? Looks sunny in D18

When it gets cold, ice usually shows in Featherbeds due to wind exposure. As it wasn't raining and Stocking Lane is sheltered, the chances are it will be fine. Still, descend carefully :-)

daragh_ wrote:
    Sweet. We have nearly the same bike.

Which one of you was it I had a longer talk with on 2014 Mick Byrnes just before the first control? You weren't taking part in the audax afair, I was on a black Croix de Fer... One just don't forget a bike like this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

I'm going to head up and do it around 11. Pity about frost...

Leaving now but maybe late

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Got there around 8:45 and met Alek and Colm18. Did it early as I needed to get back home. Decent crowd when I was coming back down.

I assume I came last but knocked 2min of my PB.

17:45

Who's Gary B? Great performance but it would be nicer if said hello ...

Not sure who he is on Boards but I follow him on Strava. He was fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Wow, impressive time from Gary B, I'm trailing him in second so far. 12.29, happy enough with my effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Can't do...urinary infection!! Enjoy. Lovely day for a cycle :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Can't do...urinary infection!! Enjoy. Lovely day for a cycle :-(

I've heard excuses but that's just taking the piss :PAC: only messing get well soon.

Bike is off the cards this weekend but will be tackling this over the coming weeks would have loved to make it out today but sure there plenty of weekends left in the summer

Wow, impressive time from Gary B, I'm trailing him in second so far. 12.29, happy enough with my effort.

You didn't even look tired up there man. Impressive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

You didn't even look tired up there man. Impressive :)

My average heart rate of 187 for the segment tells a different story!

You need to work on your race face then :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

My phone decided to stop recording half way up, probably to save my embarrassement. Result: No time.

Thanks for organising Colm. Will do the next one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is that not what all heroes do? turn up, stay quiet, blitz everyone and leave without a word...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

is that not what all heroes do? turn up, stay quiet, blitz everyone and leave without a word...

If I was that good, you'd know all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was he even a boardsie, or just someone who happened to be cycling in the area anyway?

Advertisement