Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Doris - Wednesday PM/Thursday AM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Its still on the way?! I have to cycle in this in a few hours.

Are you crazy? Don't cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭pad199207

I have never heard such roars from the wind here right now. Alarms going off

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild wild night.. Rain lashing the cottage now... Great gusts shaking the roof... cats have emerged!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Peak 5am-9am seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Doris says not to bother with the bikes between 6-9am on the East Coast

dorisdaystormz_sml.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The curtains are moving even though the windows are shut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Just got woken up by this. I haven't heard sustained wind like this since I was a child. I'm in Dublin. The noise is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mace Head and Newport both gusting 122 km/hr on the 03.00

Gusting 117 km/hr here in Castlebar, pressure down at 973.8, not unusual for Mayo but some of the worst sustained gusts in the last couple of years, I know this tuned into a now cast situation, but that is near red level warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Winds just gone crazy in Cabra here, though it currently is raining like hell so I think that's making it sound worse than it is. I suppose the real winds are still to come.

Our 8 month old's first storm and he's...well, sleeping like a baby (except actually sleeping)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

very violent wind here in roscommon. power went out for a few seconds

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Mace Head and Newport both gusting 122 km/hr on the 03.00

Gusting 117 km/hr here in Castlebar, pressure down at 973.8, not unusual for Mayo but some of the worst sustained gusts in the last couple of years, I know this tuned into a now cast situation, but that is near red level warnings.

Red level is gusts over 130km/h and mean of over 80km/h.

Mace Head was gusting up to 141km/h at 2am though.

Strange it's still only yellow level for the West Coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Well that was interesting. Storm kicked off 20 mins ago in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Red level is gusts over 130km/h and mean of over 80km/h.

Mace Head was gusting up to 141km/h at 2am though.

Strange it's still only yellow level for the West Coast.

No point upgrading it now when most are asleep, but Weathercheck was right on the ball about this, a huge upgrade happened for the west coast, especially Galway and Mayo, come the 04.00 report we will see levels back over 130km/hr, nearly have it here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It went very quiet a minute or 2 ago.... VERY quiet indeed. I do not trust it! But the cats are out of hiding...

Uh oh! Here we go again.. West Co Galway..

Dublin airport at 2:30, 32knots gusting up to 45 knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Live instrument panel for Mace Head

http://macehead.nuigalway.ie/rt/all

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

0325 Violent Squall here in N Dublin City . More Westerly with a touch of south to boot! House and Car Alarm carnage now with very squally gusts still rampant

The sustained winds that came with that rain band were wild. This is my first storm in this house, so I'm not used to the sounds you get from it, but the combination of the downpour and the rains was mad. Gusts to come, not just from the baby's nappy.

Ain't she a beauty? Looks like a sting jet with that dry areas spiralling inwards

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/RGB/AIRMASS/WESTERNEUROPE/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Kicking off here now in Dundalk, Co.Louth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Sounds violent in co.mayo im doing security in a building power has gone off twice already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

C5TTpn_UMAAU4ai.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Well done Met Eireann this is no yellow alert storm for the West it should have been upgraded, it's very stormy here in Galway City, is that the eye passing Galway on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's very loud here in North County Dublin, pretty sure I just heard one of next door's trees branches crack. Takes a lot to wake me up but this is definitely a loud one!

Nice

410087.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Wasnt expecting it to be this bad. So loud outside. Wide awake last 45 mins. Howling is definitely the word for it. Castlebar.

Nice

Storm Doris - Sponsored by Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I'm in Bedfordshire. We're not used to these winds! Looks like it'll smack us at lunch.

Was crazy loud in glasnevin for about half an hour. Pretty quiet now. Was fun while it lasted

• Advertisement

Was crazy loud in glasnevin for about half an hour. Pretty quiet now. Was fun while it lasted

That was just the starter's pistol.

Advertisement