Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

PAIGE film "Fighting With My Family" produced by The Rock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bit weird that they're going to have Paige's actress on the show, as Paige, when the real Paige hasn't been on Raw in ages (through injury and other....stuff, admittedly).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Florenece's neck must be killing her trying to look at their faces. Liked his comment about Merchant. Did they know each other outside of this and The Tooth Fairy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rock posted another picture showing "Paige" practicing a submission on the actress who will be playing AJ lee. So the guess seems to be the scene they are filming tonight is Paige's Raw debut...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,119 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm guessing Paige could do lines of the white stuff in the middle of ring in front Vince and she wouldn't get her third strike until the very earliest till after this film is released.

Tessa Blanchard is the ring double and Thea Trinidad playing AJ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Amazes me that neither Tessa and especially Thea aren't under contracts. Maybe this changes that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Monokne wrote: »
    Amazes me that neither Tessa and especially Thea aren't under contracts. Maybe this changes that.

havent seen much of eithier bit more of tessa and she seems really good in the ring and with her dad story lines with her and charlotte are already there waiting.

Thea is good in the ring, and she has the look they like, plus they are always looking for stars of different ethnicities. And she's engaged to one of their guys.

a886a3192f60e0742458d666e6749dbd.jpg
    f056fc0b20b12992d3701a337a1b1431.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Rock is awesome!

"We got John Cena in the movie... nah I'm only kidding we wanna make a good movie! ahh hell he's gonna text me tonight, i'll be in trouble for that"

"I'm gonna be cheering everyone you guys will be cheering. I'm gonna be booing everyone you guys will be booing... Roman!"

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Thea did compete on a match for NXT didn't she? Perhaps that and this will help her get her foot in the door. She was very green when I saw her in TNA as 'Rosita' but she definitely showed lots of potential. And they do appear to be low on Latina women if Nikki and Eva are on their way out, JoJo's just ring announcing, and Bayley seems to be presented as white. They've always wanted to keep demographics full.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Thea did compete on a match for NXT didn't she? Perhaps that and this will help her get her foot in the door. She was very green when I saw her in TNA as 'Rosita' but she definitely showed lots of potential. And they do appear to be low on Latina women if Nikki and Eva are on their way out, JoJo's just ring announcing, and Bayley seems to be presented as white. They've always wanted to keep demographics full.

Definitely did at least one match on NXT and she was a Rosebud as well. I think she was at some of their recent try outs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Holy smoke:eek::eek::eek:

I didn't know it was written and directed by Stephen Merchant. The Office (UK) and Extras are my favourite comedy shows by a country mile. The more and more I see of things Gervais and Merchant do since, it really seems Merchant was the brains behind it all.

Will certainly give this a chance.

Big gags wasted in the trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gotta say i think that trailer makes it look like the drizzling ****s.

Will give it a shot though.

I was about to say the lookalikes weren't the best, but Pete Dunne was really obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭montyrebel

that looks worse than the video she released with brad maddox and xavier woods

As long as we don't see it every 5 minutes like the previous clip from the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As long as we don't see it every 5 minutes like the previous clip from the movie

Hey guys..Paige here!

Well at least she looks better now than she did then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

This is having a premiere at DIFF next month with a Q&A and the filmmakers in attendance. €18 a ticket tho.

https://www.diff.ie/festival/film/fighting-with-my-family

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Actually its out on regular release in the UK/Ireland on March 1st so probably no need to get to that straight away.

Wonder how widely released it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is having a premiere at DIFF next month with a Q&A and the filmmakers in attendance. €18 a ticket tho.

https://www.diff.ie/festival/film/fighting-with-my-family

Who is attending just Stephen Merchant?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is attending just Stephen Merchant?

Will the rock be at the Dublin showing ??

I see the Rottentomatoes critic rating is currently sitting at 86%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well I'm shocked. After seeing the trailer I thought it was going to be the drizzling ****s.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will the rock be at the Dublin showing ??

He wasn't at the Cannes showing so I'd doubt it....

He seems busy filming the Hobbs spin-off movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know very little about the movie review websites, but isn't Rottentomatoes just whether you liked the movie or not? As in 86 out of 100 said yes as opposed to no when asked if they liked it

If it is then it could easily be given 4/5 out of 10 then for marks right?

• Advertisement

Rotten Tomatoes deems whether critics reviews are positive are negative. What this means is 86% of the critics who have reviewed this film have said it's good or great or some similar superlative. It does not involve a voting system, or indeed any input from the general public.

Personal taste obviously accounts for something, but broadly speaking, a film that gets 70%+ on RT is going to be worth a watch.

Advertisement