Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry medicine 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 purplefence101

Hey all,

I've been lurking all year - but I'm posting a brief timeline just in case this information is useful to any future applicants. I applied to only Trinity for 2017 mature entry, and got in!

Interview invitation: 13th April (interview = May 11th), also got my HPAT scores on this day 
    Interview: May 11th
    Unconditional offer extended: May 16th

Good luck to everyone else who has applied - and any future applicants who may see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hopeful2015

Sorry to hear that vladcount. I heard offers went out but I didn't hear anything so I'm out too.
    Anyone know if ucd have sent interview invites or offers? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

RCSI emails sent , sadly made waitlist :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Safarifor2

Hi All,

I just found the thread. I am also have been put on the RCSI waitlist. Does anyone know how many people are usually waitlisted?

Safarifor2 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just found the thread. I am also have been put on the RCSI waitlist. Does anyone know how many people are usually waitlisted?

yes out of the 42 applicants,
    15 got an offer (usually 5 apply for both GEM and ME)
    15 Wait list
    Rest Are eliminated from the application process.

Celeste told me this !

I would love to know our positions if im in teh top 5 on waitlist happy days but if im the 11 th place im a goner!

• Advertisement

hoping someone here got an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ahorseortwo

Commiserations to those who did not receive a place.

Still hope on the UCD front for some. Anyone hear back on their process?

Did just receive an offer from RCSI however should UCD not come through :)

Commiserations to those who did not receive a place.

Still hope on the UCD front for some. Anyone hear back on their process?

Did just receive an offer from RCSI however should UCD not come through :)

I am so happy for you congrats ! If ya get UCD might let one of us get in hahaha. I sent a quick email to ask about my position on waitlist hoping im not position 6 +.

Congratulations on your offer! What an achievement.

for many of us on waitlist we shouldent be too sad at least we didnt get a fat NO, and many changes can happen,
    some may swap to GEM,
    some may get Under grad instead of mature,
    Some may decide to be closer to home,,...... to any culchies keep to your uni lol
    Some may want swap career move entirely so we may just get lucky !

Celeste told me when anyone gets waiting list that its good to contact office to know your position !

I really thought I was going to get an offer- 6 years as a HCA, Bsc. and a masters in Public health and tons of volunteerism and have done lots of research and have no problems with interviews.. Praying I'm up on top of list

• Advertisement

I wonder why they waitlist so many - 15 seems like a lot! I am not too hopeful :-( also 3 weeks' notice before starting the course would be quite a whirlwind!

I wonder why they waitlist so many - 15 seems like a lot! I am not too hopeful :-( also 3 weeks' notice before starting the course would be quite a whirlwind!

Feck that id take it ! , apparently 6 people had to cancel places as they got better offer or couldn't pay. One yr 11 dropped as they got swapped ofers into gem or main undergrad. So their job is just to make sure its full, the only thing we gotta do is keep the emails a going and phone calls.

vladcount wrote: »
    Feck that id take it ! , apparently 6 people had to cancel places as they got better offer or couldn't pay. One yr 11 dropped as they got swapped ofers into gem or main undergrad. So their job is just to make sure its full, the only thing we gotta do is keep the emails a going and phone calls.

Ill also say the first changes Will be next ten working days as they are strict on the 1k deposit if people dont pay it in full by wed the 31 a few changes will happen quick !

For those applying to ucd , got a reply back ! They are currently looking over applications as we type here today

For those applying to ucd , got a reply back ! They are currently looking over applications as we type here today

haha - me too! I was in a bit of a low mood y'day. Seeing the glass half full!

Getting on the waitlist is very positive - it isn't a no. It means we made the grade but there weren't enough spaces and others slightly more competitive than us. Interesting how much the list can move. Do you know if they are willing to tell us where we are ranked on the list?

You also mentioned UCD in your latest post - is that for mature entry? I thought you can't apply to that if you already have a degree? I didn't apply and I missed the deadline to submit an application directly to Trinity. I only really got myself in gear in Feb!!

Did you do the Gamsat too? Lots of quetions, sorry! I am going to give it a bash in Sept and next March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Red24

Anyone have any idea when UCC will send out offers ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hopeful2015

Red24 wrote: »

Thanks
    In 3-4 weeks I think

haha - me too! I was in a bit of a low mood y'day. Seeing the glass half full!

Getting on the waitlist is very positive - it isn't a no. It means we made the grade but there weren't enough spaces and others slightly more competitive than us. Interesting how much the list can move. Do you know if they are willing to tell us where we are ranked on the list?

You also mentioned UCD in your latest post - is that for mature entry? I thought you can't apply to that if you already have a degree? I didn't apply and I missed the deadline to submit an application directly to Trinity. I only really got myself in gear in Feb!!

Did you do the Gamsat too? Lots of quetions, sorry! I am going to give it a bash in Sept and next March.

I know , yes for mature, UCD allow applications providing ya cant get requirements for GEM . , I did the gamsat in 2016, good luck ! I hate it .

In regards to wait list I sent an email to Celeste but no reply yet :/ and your grand !

Red24 wrote: »

Thanks

Not a clue sorry

• Advertisement

On to rcsi 12 on waiting list and im 7- 5 range
    Still a glimmer praying ucd say yes to me ! I did my masters there and have met most of the medical school big heads. Hoping they like me enough :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nao098

I'd say there's a lot of people with RCSI offers and GAMSAT scores, what do you think the chances are of them putting the hefty €1,000 deposit down just as a security while waiting for GEM offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 louiselennonm

hi there,
    I am planning on applying to GEM after my undergrad degree, will be in my second last year in september, after reading the thread, i see a lot of you have undergrad degrees and masters etc. and im wondering why then you would apply to mature entry medicine and not Graduate, Any insight in to what factors affected your decision etc would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

nao098 wrote: »
    I'd say there's a lot of people with RCSI offers and GAMSAT scores, what do you think the chances are of them putting the hefty €1,000 deposit down just as a security while waiting for GEM offers?

I at least know of a few friends who have put down the deposit and subsequently lost it when taking a place elsewhere.

I guess if Med is the dream you'll take whatever place you're given. All depends how secure someone feels with their GAMSAT score though.

I know of one person this year with decent scores offered a mature RCSI place who will be putting the deposit down just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bam_Bam_7777

I won't be accepting my rcsi offer because I also received a higher preference offer so there will be at least one spot free :)

I won't be accepting my rcsi offer because I also received a higher preference offer so there will be at least one spot free :)

Congratulations on your offer Bam_Bam_7777. Where will you be off to instead ?

Congrats on getting multiple offers and a big thank you, one step closer! Not trying to get my hopes up but I'm on the higher end of the top 5 on the wait-list and not knowing til August would be a long wait...

I at least know of a few friends who have put down the deposit and subsequently lost it when taking a place elsewhere.

I guess if Med is the dream you'll take whatever place you're given. All depends how secure someone feels with their GAMSAT score though.

I know of one person this year with decent scores offered a mature RCSI place who will be putting the deposit down just in case.
    Fair play to your friend! Do you think they'd take GEM over mature entry regardless of where they get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DOC_Martin

Got an offer from Cork today, happy days :)

• Advertisement

nao098 wrote: »
    Fair play to your friend! Do you think they'd take GEM over mature entry regardless of where they get it?

Not necessarily. Some prefer the mature route to GEM if not from a science background or if they want to work during the course etc. The timetable is handier in the first year for that

Advertisement