Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris again?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jmayo wrote: »
    If you are a citizen found to be returning from being with a fundamentalist terrorist organisation in overseas country then your passport is confiscated and you are deported back to that country to either stay with your terrorist friends or face the wrath of that states government if they are fighting those same terrorists.

e.g if you have been found to be fighting with ISIS in Syria you are sent on plane to Damascus and Assad's guys will deal with you.
    If you make your bed with the likes of ISIS then shag you.
    Sorry, but that would never hold up.

By that reckoning, if a Christian Kenyan went to the US to connect with the Army of God, then returned to Kenya and killed a bunch of non-Christians, the Kenyan government could just opt to deport him to the USA for their taxpayers to cover it without them having a say in the matter.

Likewise, if a white Frenchman had gone to Idaho to hang out with the Aryan Nations, then returned to France to kill a bunch of non-white people, the exact same could be done.

As you well know, neither would happen either. The country they are being deported to would need to accept them, which simply would not happen.
    BTW why are you asking me this in response to fact you just listed out the few right winger famous terrorists.
    Because my initial post was in response to Mr. Incognito's pointing out to Mary63 that all of the attackers she had listed were nationals of that country, and so her claim of "if they want a way of life that is incompatible with Western values then off they go, I will hold the door open for them myself" didn't add up.

If someone is a born citizen of a country it is not as easy as saying 'you must leave now' if you do not have another country on the other end willing to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I have to laugh your ignorance

in the article

Do you know why Irish bond Interest rates are so low?

Now what are you talking about. We paid in £170 Million more than we got. That'swhat I said. And after the Brits are gone, that number will increase substantially.

You also appear to be making the mistake of assuming an EU collapse would result in the complete abandoning of the ESM. Why would any member state (including the 4 who are not in the EU) ever do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Why do these always go the same way. You could almost just put a sticky up in AH

Terrorist attack.. Well it's not everyone..

White nut job... See See Christians ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Like a previous poster said, Islam is deeply embedded into France.

Approx 10% of their population of 60 million are Muslim.

And it will not be long before it is 25%, enshallah. Eventually the unbelievers will be in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rarely will you find many in Islam who support gay rights, female rights, Jewish rights and keeping Islam out of government.

Except all the ones that do.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    who are very much in the minority.

Grayson wrote: »

I would be interested to have a link to show support from a majority Muslim country from Muslims ? You know many people speaking out in support Government Religious leaders. My experience of the ME it's kept under wraps and let go on but not supported if found out to be getting to much traction. I know of a few Muslim countries that turn a blind eye. But not what it's been reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

maryishere wrote: »
    And it will not be long before it is 25%, enshallah. Eventually the unbelievers will be in the minority.

It depends on the source - France doesn't gather official stats on religion in census as it's regarded as not the state's business.

2-8% Muslim but 63% non religious according to some surveys.

6-8% is probably accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Why do these always go the same way. You could almost just put a sticky up in AH

Terrorist attack.. Well it's not everyone..

White nut job... See See Christians ??

Maybe it's because when something like in Quebec happens it's always 'GEE I WONDER IF IT'S A MUSLIM' and then when it turns out it isn't there's silence from the same people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Rarely will you find many in Islam who support gay rights, female rights, Jewish rights and keeping Islam out of government.

Pretty much every Muslim I know support most, if not all of the above.

I was friends with a gay Muslim.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Maybe it's because when something like in Quebec happens it's always 'GEE I WONDER IF IT'S A MUSLIM' and then when it turns out it isn't there's silence from the same people.

What people ? You mean if fox lied they did ? Yet the jumps to Trump still got traction when la pen and others were in his feed.

Pretty much every Muslim I know support most, if not all of the above.

I was friends with a gay Muslim.

That's great when did he/she come out in the mosque or his/her family ? I mean you are saying he is openly gay yes or she ?

And when muslims get a majority...how much support -or even tolerance- is there for " gay rights, female rights, Jewish rights and keeping Islam out of government." in muslim majority countries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What people ? You mean if fox lied they did ? Yet the jumps to Trump still got traction when la pen and others were in his feed.

Le Pen got mentioned on numerous occasions in that thread, you actually even thanked a post that said "From what I can see it's Le Pen that inspired him no?" - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102463977&postcount=200

It depends on the source - France doesn't gather official stats on religion in census as it's regarded as not the state's business.

According to Jean-Paul Gourévitch (fr), there were 7.7 million Muslims( about 11 percent of the population) in metropolitan France in 2011. No doubt its higher now ....due to further immigration and high birthrate.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_France

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Well done to the soldiers for such a quick response, irrespective of whether he was a terrorist or not there is no reason for a tourist or citizen to walk around yielding a weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That's great when did he/she come out in the mosque or his/her family ? I mean you are saying he is openly gay yes or she ?

I'd highly doubt it since it's illegal in his home country. It's nice that he can now live in a country where he can express his sexuality a little more freely, but he's more wary now of his religion and how westerners view him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How.many Catholics will go to.church this week, stand up in front.of the congregation and announce that they are gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    It definitely increased in scale, but it's not a new phenomenon.

Especially near big tourist areas like in this case.

It's completely different to anything before. I was in Paris a few weeks ago and every shopping centre, even in the suburbs had security screening on the way in, armed police and army walking the corridors. They had around the Eiffel tower cordoned off with security checks before you can get to the tower itself, armed patrols everywhere. This is not how it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Didn't a cathoilc priest stand up this week and announce he was gay.

IM bored anyway with the whole gay thing, I really don't know or care what sexuality you are, we get it by now.

Our State has enacted laws to protect the rights of gay people so it doesn't matter what the Church, any church says so anyone of a muslim way of thinking isn't going to have their beliefs on gay people respected in this country.They will impose their beliefs on the way women should dress, i.e. send their girls to school in the head covering and so far we haven't said no head or face coverings.If the majority in a democracy want no head or face covering as is the situation in France then muslim people either stay here and accept this or they move to a muslim country whose laws reflect their beliefs.This means moving back to the sixteenth century and the caliphate wannabes don't want this, the murderous rage then takes over and the cowards then go out with rifles to shoot people who have no means of defending themselves.

The ordinary decent Muslim doesn't make much of a protest so its hard to find sympathy when they are discommoded at airports, to me its a case of reporting these fanatics to the authorities or else risk being banned when you want to travel because why should the West risk letting masses of potential radicalised nuts in among genuine travellers if the genuine travellers aren't helping the West to deal with the risk the radical ones pose.

Paris has been destroyed, its no longer a place where you feel safe, there are millions of Muslims in France so impossible to deal with the risk.There is a very big Muslim population near Nice too so not safe anymore to go there either.This is the future of all of Europe if we don't stop pussyfooting around with the PC stuff,do you think for a nano second any Muslim is going to respect the rights of women or the rights of homosexuals when their numbers are higher than their host populations.I really don't want to be around in a hundred years time when the balance tips in their favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Paris is destroyed and no longer a place you'd feel safe? What a load of alarmist nonsense. As terrible as terrorist attacks are, you're infinitely more likely to be hurt in Paris by someone clattering into you in a moped or falling into the Seine. Yes Islamic terrorism is an issue, but it isn't the defining factor of cities like Paris or London no matter how worked up people get about it.

I've often heard the same exaggerated rubbish about London and parts of it being "no go areas" and the rest but yet I live in the most migrant-prevalent area in the city and the most hassle I've seen was two Poles fighting at a car wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You'd wonder how Paris is the most visited city in the world what with all the Muslims killing and raping everybody.

I think it's a bit of a dunghole meself, my abiding memory of Paris is Rungis and a trailer load of escaped live whelks, but still, we must have been lucky to get out of there alive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Eiffel Tower is ate in rust too, wouldn't pass the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Mary63 wrote: »
    Paris has been destroyed, its no longer a place where you feel safe, there are millions of Muslims in France so impossible to deal with the risk.There is a very big Muslim population near Nice too so not safe anymore to go there either.This is the future of all of Europe if we don't stop pussyfooting around with the PC stuff,do you think for a nano second any Muslim is going to respect the rights of women or the rights of homosexuals when their numbers are higher than their host populations.I really don't want to be around in a hundred years time when the balance tips in their favour.

I don't feel safe in a world where Parisian Muslim women are not allowed on some of the streets and in some of the cafes as they are now Men Only.
    I don't feel entirely safe in a world where nobody has so much as started a discussion on Boards about it, despite the recent news channel documentary showing what is going on. Anyone who thinks it's ok needs to boil their silly empty head, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

2-8% Muslim but 63% non religious according to some surveys.

6-8% is probably accurate.

France has a massive mistreated Muslim population with decades....many of which followed it home from its colonies

Many of the cases of terrorist attacks are using Islamic as an excuse to rebel.....Ireland more than any country knows the effect of long term mistreatment of communities and what happens why it finally boils over into revolt

There is a reason why France and Belgium above all have the highest terrorist attacks.....it's historical amd settling old scores as much as religious....

.the attacks in Germany made no sense as afaik Germany has been quite good to Muslims

Thankfully the days of misogynistic or gender restrictive clubs and groups, and dodgy streets where assholes hang out are decades in the past here in Ireland eh? :)

There is a reason why France and Belgium above all have the highest terrorist attacks.....

Because an increasing percentage of the population there was a muslim majority..

maryishere wrote: »
    Because an increasing percentage of the population there was a muslim majority..
    Nope, I've often found myself close to being radicalised in the Lowlands meself.

In Belgium when you ask for a burger they put gravy on it. . .

. . .AND YOU GET NO BAP!!

Thankfully the days of misogynistic or gender restrictive clubs and groups, and dodgy streets where assholes hang out are decades in the past here in Ireland eh? :)

Oh, come on. Golf clubs? You're not comparing them to highstreets and cafes, are you? And women are barred from being members of them not setting foot in them, I'd imagine? I don't have that much of a problem with men or women only clubs-men's shed is perfectly acceptable and there are various women only social group as well. A cafe is totally different and they've always been open to all.

• Advertisement

France has a massive mistreated Muslim population with decades....many of which followed it home from its colonies

Many of the cases of terrorist attacks are using Islamic as an excuse to rebel.....Ireland more than any country knows the effect of long term mistreatment of communities and what happens why it finally boils over into revolt

There is a reason why France and Belgium above all have the highest terrorist attacks.....it's historical amd settling old scores as much as religious....

.the attacks in Germany made no sense as afaik Germany has been quite good to Muslims

The attacks in Germany undermine your point to be honest. Yes there's a historical component but that's not the main reason. Think about what the Islamist Fascist have done to other Muslims and minority Christian groups and Jews back in their own territories of the Middle East. And what did little children or the disabled do to deserve any retaliation?

Advertisement