Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris again?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Why do the lefty type refer to murdering terrorists as lads, is that not a bit derogatory, when do you stop referring to grown adult men as lads.

Lad implies something a bit dim but harmless, these muslims are not harmless, they have no respect for life, not ben their own so they will happily detonate bombs in backpacks.The soldiers in the louvre took no chances, that is the French way and it works, threaten a french citizens security with a machete and you will most likely end up dead, you can't say you haven't been warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

They are in the inner city,I can't remember exactly where.The principal was a lefty type, she was saying integration is wonderful but then she had no white Irish children in the school at all or very few.You can bet your life her own children were in some Gaelscoil somewhere else.

I wouldn't enrol my children in a school were they were the only child who could speak english, imagine feeling like a non national in your own country.There are far too many non nationals living in this small Island now and we can't afford to take anymore in.Its the people struggling on very low incomes and on social welfare and queuing for surgery in public hospitals who are paying the price, not the likes of the Irish Times readers who think multi culturalism is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Which schools are these?
    google is your friend. Hint: "In 20 schools more than two-thirds of pupils came from a non-Irish background, while in two Dublin schools nine in every 10 pupils came from an immigrant background in 2013-2014."

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/college-open-days

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mary63 wrote: »
    They are in the inner city,I can't remember exactly where.The principal was a lefty type, she was saying integration is wonderful but then she had no white Irish children in the school at all or very few.You can bet your life her own children were in some Gaelscoil somewhere else.

I wouldn't enrol my children in a school were they were the only child who could speak english, imagine feeling like a non national in your own country.There are far too many non nationals living in this small Island now and we can't afford to take anymore in.Its the people struggling on very low incomes and on social welfare and queuing for surgery in public hospitals who are paying the price, not the likes of the Irish Times readers who think multi culturalism is great.

No children should be in the standard Irish school system unless they can speak fluent Irish or English, complete waste of resources having non speakers in a class.

.We already have schools in Dublin where there isn't a single white irish child.

I heard recently that there are hardly any white Irish students in Bolton Street DIT now, is this true does anyone know.

So?
    Do you believe white Irish people to be some kind of super race? Above everyone else?

• Advertisement

maryishere wrote: »
    A few generations ago, who would have thought that half of Leeds / Bradford would be muslim? Or that there would be more muslims in France than there are human beings living on the Island of Ireland.

I know right? I mean it used to be majority Irish living in Leeds, then these Muslims come along.....
    Stealing our English cities.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Everywhere in Europe the Muslims live turns into a ghetto, look at Paris, Sweden,Brussels, the Uk, huge areas of deprivation caused in the main by muslims having families too big to provide for.If we get large numbers into Ireland they will set up ghettoes in West Dublin or in a similar area of disadvantage.They will swarm the local schools so white Irish people will then send their children elsewhere, its called the white flight.We already have schools in Dublin where there isn't a single white irish child.

I heard recently that there are hardly any white Irish students in Bolton Street DIT now, is this true does anyone know.

Hold on, is it blacks or Muslims we're hating now?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,454 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

FTA69 wrote: »
    Hold on, is it blacks or Muslims we're hating now?

I don't think it matters to some posters, the mask slips daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

I don't think it matters to some posters, the mask slips daily.

Wie geht es mit dem Deutsch voran, Spooferrrrrrr?

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Wie geht es mit dem Deutsch voran, Spooferrrrrrr?

Shhhhhhhh child, you bored me now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So any evidence of these schools without white Irish children?

So far the only proof was a link to college open days from one Mary and an "I hear there are no white Irish in Bolton Street DIT" from the other. Which IF it were true (and it's not) would probably contradict earlier assertions that non white immigrants aren't inclined towards education.

Compelling evidence of an invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

It's funny that the skin colour of the attacker was exceptionally important a few days ago when the apologists were trying to claim the attacker was white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Collie D wrote: »

So far the only proof was a link to college open days from one Mary and an "I hear there are no white Irish in Bolton Street DIT" from the other. Which IF it were true (and it's not) would probably contradict earlier assertions that non white immigrants aren't inclined towards education.

Compelling evidence of an invasion.

Do they gather statistics on skin colour in school? I hope not.

See post 274, complete with a link to your Irish Times.

""In 20 schools more than two-thirds of pupils came from a non-Irish background, while in two Dublin schools nine in every 10 pupils came from an immigrant background in 2013-2014".

Since the article was written I believe in one of the Dublin schools it is now 95% came from an immigrant background instead of the 90%. One of the teachers sends hers to a Gaelscoil instead. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Says a lot about the teacher alright.

""In 20 schools more than two-thirds of pupils came from a non-Irish background, while in two Dublin schools nine in every 10 pupils came from an immigrant background in 2013-2014".

Since the article was written I believe in one of the Dublin schools it is now 95% came from an immigrant background instead of the 90%. One of the teachers sends hers to a Gaelscoil instead. ;)

Non Irish doesn't mean not white. So what if they are non Irish?
    What is the problem with immigrant children going to school?

If that's what your link shows you fair enough but when I opened it there was just a list of college open days. One of us is having tech problems.

What does an immigrant background mean anyway? Polish parents but born in Ireland and immersed in a bilingual environment would be the first thing that springs to my mind. And should only Irish kids be educated here?

If that's what your link shows you fair enough but when I opened it there was just a list of college open days. One of us is having tech problems.

Apologies, do not know how that happened. Here is the correct link:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/we-have-allowed-segregation-to-happen-1.2109973

Do they gather statistics on skin colour in school? I hope not.

I'm only putting the question to the poster(s) who made the claim

Says a lot about the teacher alright.

Would you send your kids to a school where over 90% of the pupils were immigrants? Where kids talk among themselves in their own languages, and other parents at the school gate explain the virtues of islam to you and invite you to their mosque? Yes, I'm sure you would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

google is your friend. Hint: "In 20 schools more than two-thirds of pupils came from a non-Irish background, while in two Dublin schools nine in every 10 pupils came from an immigrant background in 2013-2014."

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/college-open-days

I did google and I did find that Irish Times article, but it doesn't tell of any school "with not one single white Irish child" as was claimed. And one of the schools named in the article, with 9 out of 10 pupils of immigrant-extraction, is a fairly small Catholic school, so that can't be used to back up a claim that Muslims are creating ghettos here.

It's possible that it *could* happen but it isn't happening at the moment and it's a little disingenuous to use those statistics that way.

Would you send your kids to a school where over 90% of the pupils were immigrants? Where kids talk among themselves in their own languages, and other parents at the school gate explain the virtues of islam to you and invite you to their mosque? Yes, I'm sure you would.

Lol
    How many of these schools have you attended then Mary?
    I would have no problem sending my children to school with children from other countries. At least my kids won't grow up to be bigoted

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Grayson wrote: »
    And to be fair, he had brown skin and that was his own fault.

Next time there is a 7/7 type incident in a city you're in then you run over and say hello to a brown skin man with a backpack running while armed police are shouting stop. I'd love to see your reaction.

That Brazilian mans death was a tragedy, no one would be happy that it happened, however it is understandable that it happened.

Why do you think the police shot him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That's fine so. Let the women in Paris be kept out of sight because of something in Ireland 30 years ago. Sexism is alive and well and thinly veiled by faux religious 'tolerance'.

Outraged level...100?

I can't actually believe you've managed to turn a thread about a terrorist attacking a soldier into yet another fcuking gender mud-slinging match :rolleyes: Are there not enough threads you can and do that on already?

They don't "send" their kids to these schools because they want to the kids have to go to these schools because of the ridiculous enrollment policies of schools.

From your own link
    Newer schools, set up to cater for burgeoning populations . . . generally are the schools that have vacant spaces, creating a situation where new schools have much higher percentages of newcomer children than older schools in the locality.

“This has implications for integration in local communities and in the country in general,” she says, adding that if newcomer families are not getting the opportunity to mix with Irish families through the school, this further limits the development of integrated communities.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Lol
    How many of these schools have you attended then Mary?
    I would have no problem sending my children to school with children from other countries. At least my kids won't grow up to be bigoted

I grew up with lots of kids, some of whom were from different backgrounds and nationalities, that is what helps make me broadminded and seeing things from other peoples point of view. In those days most were white though, I do not think decades ago there were schools in Ireland with over 90% of their pupils immigrants.
    I also worked abroad for a number of years, where I integrated fully with people of different nationalities ( instead of immersing myself in Irish clubs / bars / pubs associations etc ).

The question remains: would you send your kids to a school with 95% immigrants, many of who are non-English speakers/ assylum seekers / muslim etc. A simple yes or no will suffice. Do you blame the teacher in the school for sending her own kids to a GaelScoil?

A school where 90% of pupils don't speak English would be an issue but nowhere in the article is that claimed.

As for being invited to a mosque this has only happened to me once and that was from an imam on the grounds of a mosque after I had started a conversation. I wasn't interested but definitely didn't feel like he was trying to convert me either. And no harm in him inviting me to find out for myself their culture/religion - I would imagine that's the job of all preachers

I grew up with lots of kids, some of whom were from different backgrounds and nationalities, that is what helps make me broadminded and seeing things from other peoples point of view. In those days most were white though, I do not think decades ago there were schools in Ireland with over 90% of their pupils immigrants.
    I also worked abroad for a number of years, where I integrated fully with people of different nationalities ( instead of immersing myself in Irish clubs / bars / pubs associations etc ).

The question remains: would you send your kids to a school with 95% immigrants, many of who are non-English speakers/ assylum seekers / muslim etc. A simple yes or no will suffice. Do you blame the teacher in the school for sending her own kids to a GaelScoil?

You have evidence to back this up?

A school where 90% of pupils don't speak English would be an issue but nowhere in the article is that claimed.

As for being invited to a mosque this has only happened to me once

All very nice and dandy but you have not answered the question: The question remains: would you send your kids to a school with 95% immigrants, many of who are non-English speakers/ assylum seekers / muslim etc. A simple yes or no will suffice. Do you blame the teacher in the school for sending her own kids to a GaelScoil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

GaelScoil!!!!.

Wouldn't send my children to one of those.

All those people talking a language that I don't understand.

Standing at the gates trying to get people to join THEIR "GAA Club".

Advertisement