Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

A blue suit can work but only if it's in pure wool, is nicely (not a girls' blouse looking slim-fit) tailored, and is accompanied by decent dark shoes. Those guys walking around in polyester blend atrocities paired with plasticky tan loafers just look ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,290 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think a reason why brown shoes are very popular in my area is because I know a lot of people who associate black shoes with secondary school and they hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Mom jeans? I think even someone with a great figure can't pull them off. They're so dated and look a "soccer mom".

No. I was referring to bodysuits.

I just love them and I'm quite happy they made comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Candie wrote: »
    Dear God.

I'm speechless. It's like the camel-toe to end all camel-toes.

I need a lie down and a cup of tea.

No, Lady Wallfix, this is much worse. It's not Camel-Toe, I call it De-Horned Rhino. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

blow69 wrote: »
    ellesse2013.jpg

Somehow a shiitty 90s brand is now widely popular and on every young wan.
    Considering people have been wearing clothes for a few thousand years (I presume), I think that branded clothing with prominent logos is the worst fashion trend of recent decades.

I personally have no interest in being a walking advertisement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Lads going around with "beards" that look like they took some hair from their balls and stuck it on their face, if someone can't grow a real beard just accept it and shave.

Made me think of this:

ded17b160f57b185529d0f7e134fdc0a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Eh skinny jeans are NEVER right. Teens and 1St year DCU students almost get away with them in their own circle.

Some men have big calves and some have short or stocky legs and some are over weight.

Considering people have been wearing clothes for a few thousand years (I presume), I think that branded clothing with prominent logos is the worst fashion trend of recent decades.

I personally have no interest in being a walking advertisement.

My tennis shorts are "Ellesse" brand. I have good legs and they look fantatic in them. The only other way to see them is to succeed at interview. I look ridiculous in 'skinny jeans', as does everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Rezident wrote: »
    It will never be time to get over this:

Bfjx4N8.jpg

Future generations (assuming they can still be produced by skinny-jean damaged balls) will be laughing their asses off at you.
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwihtOmqudvRAhXhLcAKHTu7AFEQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2F8PNAP9L&psig=AFQjCNFRc4Fy4TQJXG-iXoTvPpDw_srZFg&ust=1485370200627567

Not good for the sperm count:(

Rezident wrote: »
    It will never be time to get over this:

Bfjx4N8.jpg

Future generations (assuming they can still be produced by skinny-jean damaged balls) will be laughing their asses off at you.
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwihtOmqudvRAhXhLcAKHTu7AFEQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2F8PNAP9L&psig=AFQjCNFRc4Fy4TQJXG-iXoTvPpDw_srZFg&ust=1485370200627567

Not good for the sperm count,size won't matter if those little guys are scarce:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

That's an Ann Summers chocolate mickey mould he has shoved down his strides.

That's an Ann Summers chocolate mickey mould he has shoved down his strides.

You are probably correct,and it looks ridiculous:o

jimgoose wrote: »
    My tennis shorts are "Ellesse" brand. I have good legs and they look fantatic in them. The only other way to see them is to succeed at interview. I look ridiculous in 'skinny jeans', as does everyone else.
    Wearing branded sports clothes when taking part in sports or exercise is fine. I wouldn't be seen dead in them walking down the street.

At least you actually tried on skinny jeans in order to realise that you look ridiculous in them. I once tried on a pair of slim-fit jeans (in between skinny and straight-leg) in a clothes shop and they did not suit me at all. Straight-leg 4 life!

Young and not so young males driving cars/vans with hoodie hoods fully up on their heads.Lads take them down,you look stupid.

Wearing branded sports clothes when taking part in sports or exercise is fine. I wouldn't be seen dead in them walking down the street.

At least you actually tried on skinny jeans in order to realise that you look ridiculous in them. I once tried on a pair of slim-fit jeans (in between skinny and straight-leg) in a clothes shop and they did not suit me at all. Straight-leg 4 life!

I issued a Papal Bull years ago against women attempting to dress me. This is the major source of Conor McGregor/Hipster Gobsh1te syndrome. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I issued a Papal Bull years ago against women attempting to dress me. This is the major source of Conor McGregor/Hipster Gobsh1te syndrome. :D
    Not too long after my father died I met a man he knew. The man asked if I was daddy lexies young wan, I said I was and he said "he was the best dressed man in the pub on a Saturday night". You can be certain nobody would have been saying that if daddy Lexie chose his own clothes.

You are wise in not letting women attempt to dress you. I learned this from my mother trying to dress me as a kid. I don't see what hipster culture has to do with Conor McGregor though, I thought it was more along the lines of thrift store clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Those aren't skinny jeans, those are spray on jeans.
    Look awful too.
    One size up from that is usually ultra skinny then the standard fit skinny jeans that look great on most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

The guys with the big fringe tight around the sides, don't mind skinny jeans but not with them Michael j fox 80's runners and a hoodie. Fellas without socks too.

ongarite wrote: »
    Those aren't skinny jeans, those are spray on jeans.
    Look awful too.
    One size up from that is usually ultra skinny then the standard fit skinny jeans that look great on most people.

Not on me.I prefer give everything in there lots of space to find it's own level:)

• Advertisement

You are wise in not letting women attempt to dress you. I learned this from my mother trying to dress me as a kid. I don't see what hipster culture has to do with Conor McGregor though, I thought it was more along the lines of thrift store clothes?

Beard. Skinny little bollocks with a beard. And a peculiar view of jacket vs. trousers. Sound familiar?

Not too long after my father died I met a man he knew. The man asked if I was daddy lexies young wan, I said I was and he said "he was the best dressed man in the pub on a Saturday night". You can be certain nobody would have been saying that if daddy Lexie chose his own clothes.

To paraphrase and tragically misquote Darth Vader: I am not your father! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

The ripped jeans on women or men. Awful look

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Young and not so young males driving cars/vans with hoodie hoods fully up on their heads.Lads take them down,you look stupid.
    Amen to that brother :) fcuking idiots can't even see where they are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Thank fcuk. The line will end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why does this thread concentrate on men? Women nowadays haven't a clue how to dress :mad: Back around the early mid 90's was the last time women knew how to dress themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

sugarman wrote: »
    For lads, the whole hipster / Connor McGregor look.

For girls, those ridiculous thick drawn on eyebrows and lipstick drawn over and under their actual lips to make them look bigger. It just looks atrocious ...Oh and the bull nose ring to top it off.

+ 1000.. ffs What are they thinking of?

Beard. Skinny little bollocks with a beard. And a peculiar view of jacket vs. trousers. Sound familiar?
    I thought hipster culture was more about using outsiderism as a fashion accessory? This is in contradiction with the cult of Conor McGregor, who's quite the popular character.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Why does this thread concentrate on men? Women nowadays haven't a clue how to dress :mad: Back around the early mid 90's was the last time women knew how to dress themselves.

The '40s I'd say. Ever see Dervla Kirwan in "Goodnight Sweetheart"? Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow!! :D

• Advertisement

I thought hipster culture was more about using outsiderism as a fashion accessory? This is in contradiction with the cult of Conor McGregor, who's quite the popular character.

Zzzzzzz...

Advertisement