Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Effects wrote: »
    Nope. It's everywhere.

Not at all - have you been to the rest of Europe (The UK isnt a good example)?

The amount of makeup worn by many Irish women is off the charts. I often think if i poked their face my finger would sink into the makeup.

On the continent, generally, skincare is more important and there is an emphasis on looking natural, not like you just stepped out of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 wherearemykeys

Tattooed Eyebrows

Blogging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I've seen 3 separate young wans in the last week wearing a bikini top/bra with nothing over it on nights out. One was wearing a bra and just a layer of see-through fabric "covering" her knickers. Wtf is that about? It's winter. In Ireland. Put some clothes on :eek:

Work away girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Parchment wrote: »
    Not at all - have you been to the rest of Europe (The UK isnt a good example)?

The amount of makeup worn by many Irish women is off the charts. I often think if i poked their face my finger would sink into the makeup..

The UAE seems to outdo any other place I've been with regards to make up. My god some of the women are seriously plastered in it.

Abaya, super high heels, and the whole of sephora on their faces seems to be the norm. If they were the full burka, the eyes are usually heavily made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

All the nineties stuff.. mom jeans in really light washes, belly tops, bodysuits, choker necklaces.. awful stuff! It looked stupid back in the day and looks just as stupid now.

I don't like the 'no socks' thing either, or the massive black eyebrows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Effects wrote: »
    Nope. It's everywhere.

It's not, really. I am always struck by the heavy makeup when I visit Ireland, between that and the fake tan it looks pretty weird.

miezekatze wrote: »
    bodysuits..... It looked stupid back in the day and looks just as stupid now.

How do bodysuits look silly though? They just look like a top. Unless they're worn on their own obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's not, really. I am always struck by the heavy makeup when I visit Ireland, between that and the fake tan it looks pretty weird.

I think Irish women probably wear a bit more make up. But I've come across a few South Europeans who tend to be fond of it too. Darker skin makes it less obvious though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What would you call this?
    A body suit?
    Spanx?

http://tinypic.com/r/2hmh95f/9

Anyway... she looks like she went out naked

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

What would you call this? A body suit? Spanx?

Anyway... she looks like she went out naked

I'd call that Spanx.

She looks awful.

• Advertisement

Yeh that's a spanx.

That's for under things love.

She is just channeling Kim Kardashian who is probably solely responsible for 75% of tasteless outfits and makeup among women in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Reminds me I used to wear a body suit swimming. I never realise you could see through it. Shamed now.

Reminds me I used to wear a body suit swimming. I never realise you could see through it. Shamed now.

Who cares. I used to wear swimming costume and you could see a bit through it. I presume it was in nineties and then it was modest if you wore bra at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Skinny jeans on fellas I'll never understand.

Seeing "super skinny" jeans for fellas is just a ****ing disgrace.

Seems the categories for men now are be pumped up to where it looks like your stuffing baloons in the sleeves or your arms, or be so skinny you look ill and malnurished

meeeeh wrote: »
    Who cares. I used to wear swimming costume and you could see a bit through it. I presume it was in nineties and then it was modest if you wore bra at all.

Yeah you're right. People wouldn't be looking at you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My thighs won't fit into skinny jeans even if I did want to wear them :o

Have tried a few pairs on and it even feels horrible, maybe it's because I have really hairy legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Have tried a few pairs on and it even feels horrible, maybe it's because I have really hairy legs?

Ah well now chief, that's the secret - you need to get rid of that hair. And forget about shaving, waxing, cream etc. that crap doesn't work. You need to use a blowlamp, like Kate Moss. That's what they don't tell you in Cosmo magazine.

You need male jeggings that will stretch.

You need male jeggings that will stretch.

Male jeggings... I definitely do not need!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

So, apparently I need to get rid of all my jeans, my smart tailored shirts with a little bit of embroidery, my 'just popping to the shops and can't be arsed' hoody (usually paired with leggings) my eyebrows AND my lips....

We can rebuild!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Male jeggings... I definitely do not need!

How about MEGGINGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »
    How about MEGGINGS?

Christ, it's actually getting worse, isn't it! :pac:

How about MEGGINGS?

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I'm not a fan of skinny jeans on men but as long as anyone wearing them is happy, comfortable and confident, more power to them.

It's a shame that doesn't go both ways though. So many skinny jean wearers seem to get personally affronted by those of us who wear "normal" jeans.

Live and let live..

How about MEGGINGS?

The gunmetal ones are like something from some Synch band.

So, apparently I need to get rid of all my jeans, my smart tailored shirts with a little bit of embroidery, my 'just popping to the shops and can't be arsed' hoody (usually paired with leggings) my eyebrows AND my lips....

We can rebuild!!

I'm the same, hoodies and leggings. Think most people wear them tbh on slow days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can't beat a hoodie when you're hungover but not outside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Actually spotted novelty-type onesies for men in a department store a few months back.

Call me a traditionalist and a prude but the word wrong doesn't even begin to go there.

Was given a onesie for Christmas and yes it looks completely wrong but it's honestly the most comfortable item of clothing i've ever owned..

Don't knock it till ye try it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm the same, hoodies and leggings. Think most people wear them tbh on slow days.

They're often paired with penneys uggs too....

Advertisement