Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Those Jojo bows. Horrendous looking yokes with a serious hint of my big fat gypsy wedding off them.

Young fellas with those ludicrous haircuts. They all have them.

Tracksuit pants tucked into white socks. Wtf is that about?
    In fairness young fellas with ridiculous haircuts has been a constant since I was a teenager many years ago - Donny Osmond look anyone? A bit more creativity in the last twenty years but the same thing essentially. And the ladies are probably just as indifferent to it now as then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Sorry but skinny jeans do look good on some people. I have really skinny legs, like a bird, and other types of jeans don't look as nice. Ditto with high waisted jeans, they look good on me cos of my shape; low rise and medium rise don't fit right and look strange on me. How people are calling them mom jeans is beyond me: see attached pics.

Bodysuits are the best thing ever; it's like having a top tucked in without it balling up underneath your pants or skirt. Gives a smooth silhouette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Sorry but skinny jeans do look good on some people. I have really skinny legs, like a bird, and other types of jeans don't look as nice. Ditto with high waisted jeans, they look good on me cos of my shape; low rise and medium rise don't fit right and look strange on me. How people are calling them mom jeans is beyond me: see attached pics.

Bodysuits are the best thing ever; it's like having a top tucked in without it balling up underneath your pants or skirt. Gives a smooth silhouette.

I like high waisted jeans when they're tight on the legs like skinny jeans, they can be very flattering to some shapes.
    "Mom" jeans are different though. They're high waisted but are baggy in the leg area and a lot of women roll them at the bottom. I don't like them.

Hope bodysuits stay in fashion for a long time. I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

team actimel I can't abide bodysuits :( They remind me of pain. I wore them in the 90's and they always cut into my crotch,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Jrop wrote: »
    team actimel I can't abide bodysuits :( They remind me of pain. I wore them in the 90's and they always cut into my crotch,

Same here...they're a nightmare on a night out when you've a few drinks and you haven't a hope of closing them so you have to let them open and they roll up around your waist.Even with no drink they're a nightmare to open and close imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't know what a body suit is. :confused:

Wear what makes yiz happy and comfy is whay I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

jimgoose wrote: »
    The '40s I'd say. Ever see Dervla Kirwan in "Goodnight Sweetheart"? Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow!! :D

You should attend a swing dance event, they dress up and party like it's 1939.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Basically an adult romper suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

The pic I posted earlier of the hot model in the navy "cold shoulder" top. That's a body suit.

I've never had a problem with the opening and closing of them. Drunk or not :P

• Advertisement

Basically an adult romper suit

No - a romper suit has legs, be them long or short. A romper suit would be akin to an adult playsuit. A body suit would be similar to a baby vest, if we're using those analogies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

No - a romper suit has legs, be them long or short. A romper suit would be akin to an adult playsuit. A body suit would be similar to a baby vest, if we're using those analogies!

Clearly I know nothing about baby clothing terminology :o thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Colser wrote: »
    Same here...they're a nightmare on a night out when you've a few drinks and you haven't a hope of closing them so you have to let them open and they roll up around your waist.Even with no drink they're a nightmare to open and close imo.

oh sweet mother of mercy. bodysuits and drinking are a bad idea. I ended in
    more positions than a chinese gymnast trying to close the poppers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The pic I posted earlier of the hot model in the navy "cold shoulder" top. That's a body suit.

I've never had a problem with the opening and closing of them. Drunk or not :P

I didn't notice the clothes :)

Now forgive me for being ignorant on this.....is that not a swimming costume?
    Which leads e to my next question. Can you wear a body suit swimming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bodysuits are grand but jumpsuits are the absolute devil to get in/out of on a night out. Need to pee? You have to get undressed in the cubicle. I have one in particular that is zipped so when that's worn out you need someone to zip you back up.

I didn't notice the clothes :)

Now forgive me for being ignorant on this.....is that not a swimming costume?
    Which leads e to my next question. Can you wear a body suit swimming?

Well no, it opens at the bottom, with poppers or hook and eye jobbies.

You could wear anything swimming! But no, it's like t-shirt material - or whatever material the equivalent top would be so wouldn't be very water friendly. Wet t-shirt competition on the other hand.....
    Bodysuits are grand but jumpsuits are the absolute devil to get in/out of on a night out. Need to pee? You have to get undressed in the cubicle. I have one in particular that is zipped so when that's worn out you need someone to zip you back up.

I bought this jumpsuit just before Christmas, had never had one before, but totally fell in love with it. I never wear jeans/trousers so assumed it would be rank on me but ordered it to see. Got it delivered to my mam's and tried it on. Loved it. Got my mam to help me get into it, and then called her again to get me out of it.

Was in the sitting room then and my dad says "out of interest, how will you get in and out of it when your mam isn't there and you need to go to the toilet" :pac::pac::pac:

So I actually practised getting it on and off until I had it down to a fine art, was too bloody nice to send back :D

Well no, it opens at the bottom, with poppers or hook and eye jobbies.

You could wear anything swimming! But no, it's like t-shirt material - or whatever material the equivalent top would be so wouldn't be very water friendly. Wet t-shirt competition on the other hand.....

So it's essentially a stylish large baby vest that would be excellent in wet t-shirt contests. Got it :D

I truely do learn alot abot clothes here in After Hours.

Anyone for a bow?

http://tinypic.com/r/2iubbqx/9
    http://tinypic.com/r/23wwq4h/9

MOD WARNING: May be NSFW, lots of skin on show in these images.

Anyone for an atomic wedgie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not sure if it's an Irish thing, but it seems to be mainly Irish women doing it: CAKED in makeup. Very unattractive, and if it's a fashion thing, jaysus....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

seachto7 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's an Irish thing

Nope. It's everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

When you see stuff like that you begin to wonder if women's' fashion is actually sexist towards women.

Edit: Saw the second pic. Please carry on. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I've seen 3 separate young wans in the last week wearing a bikini top/bra with nothing over it on nights out. One was wearing a bra and just a layer of see-through fabric "covering" her knickers. Wtf is that about? It's winter. In Ireland. Put some clothes on :eek:

Effects wrote: »
    Nope. It's everywhere.

It's horrible, and if smoking is supposed to be fashion trend, that's even more disgusting. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Effects wrote: »
    Nope. It's everywhere.

Not in mainland European countries. You go on nights out there and women are more into minimal makeup and no/less fake tan than the Irish.

Not in mainland European countries. You go on nights out there and women are more into minimal makeup and no/less fake tan than the Irish.
    and French women tend not to shave.

Why oh why oh why do people think fake tan makes them look better? It doesn't. It's fake tan. You're Irish. You're pale. That's fine. That's not a bad thing.
    Inches of slap and dyed hair seems to be heavily weighted towards Irish/UK women, based on my observances in Spain last week! :)
    Not to say they're perfection on the continent either, but I think many of them lay off the warpaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

seachto7 wrote: »
    Why oh why oh why do people think fake tan makes them look better? It doesn't. It's fake tan. You're Irish. You're pale. That's fine. That's not a bad thing.
    Inches of slap and dyed hair seems to be heavily weighted towards Irish/UK women, based on my observances in Spain last week! :)
    Not to say they're perfection on the continent either, but I think many of them lay off the warpaint.

to be fair to fake tan its not all bad, done right it can look quite well, unfortunately you dont see that too often

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Yeah, fake tan really wouldn't be a thing on continent. Where I come from we much prefer skin cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Actually spotted novelty-type onesies for men in a department store a few months back.

Call me a traditionalist and a prude but the word wrong doesn't even begin to go there.

Advertisement