Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It's time to get over this.

I've noticed the only people who have issues with skinny jeans are fat cünts and farmers who can't get away from bootcut jeans and salmon shirts.

Skinny jeans on fat people. No issue with skinny per se, but the clue's in the name. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Candie wrote: »
    and cardigans. Not a great look at all, but I suppose there's been worse historically.

Jesus Christ, I'd have to be in a nursing home on the Complan before I'd ever think a cardie would be something I would voluntarily wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Jesus Christ, I'd have to be in a nursing home on the Complan before I'd ever think a cardie would be something I would voluntarily wear.

Cardigans actually look quite well on me, probably because I'm not a 25-year-old trying to look like an even bigger eejit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Yeah those high waisted mom jeans look bad on anyone. I love wearing those bodysuits. There are some knackery ones around but if you get good quality ones they look great with a skirt! They would look ridiculous on their own.

They wouldn't if you got body for it.

Very popular around Hipster Ground Zero, worn with nerd glasses and no socks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I love wearing those bodysuits. There are some knackery ones around but if you get good quality ones they look great with a skirt! They would look ridiculous on their own.

Bodysuits are fantastic. I love that they're back in. They mean tops don't ride up from skirts. Vests ones are particularly good for under blouses with pencil skirts.

They're also, apparently, very ridey when that's all that's left on but I don't know about that. Just what I've been told ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Riding boots.

Maybe they're not bad as practical footwear but why do some people want to look like they just got off a horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bodysuits are fantastic. I love that they're back in. They mean tops don't ride up from skirts. Vests ones are particularly good for under blouses with pencil skirts.

They're also, apparently, very ridey when that's all that's left on but I don't know about that. Just what I've been told ;)

I can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think any fashion trend that becomes to popular becomes horrible.

I was on the bus with my girlfriend two weeks ago and a load of teenagers got off. But as four of them (guys) were in a line waiting to get off I noticed they dressed the exact same :pac: which was dark trainers, grey tracksuit bottoms and a dark top. The exact same shade of clothes too.

It was a bit weird looking. You'd swear it was a uniform :pac: Since then I've seen others do the same look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Fashion v style. Some of the sh*te people are wearing now, which will be out of fashion in a few years is horrendous.

Those pants with the drop crotch. You look like you're wearing a nappy.

Saw a guy in the airport last week dressed in cheesy tourist fashion. A young fella, hipster. So he had this really loud shirt on, that had a patern like a late 80s couch or curtain. Muck.

He had a bum bag on too. Sorry, but bumbags were horrible the first time around and you don’t look cool now either.

But wear what you want anyways, and feck the begrudgers!

Those ¾ length white shorts a certain type seem to like wearing in the summer, usually with a vest and a gut and white trainers or chunky sandals.

Young wans wearing skin tight pants with Ugg boots and a GAA hoody. You look like a toilet brush.

Scumbag fashion. Why do they all wear the same thing? From Cork to Aberdeen? Who sets the scummer trend? There’s hardly a magazine you can buy.

Last year, they loved the big quiff, bright George Michael style 80s tennis shorts and a North Face puff jacket. If it’s cold enough that you’re wearing a puff jacket, put on some pants.

Scarves or woolly hats with tshirts. Again, if it’s that cold, put on a jumper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I love the silk kimono style dresses, and have one with a belt. My OH doesn't pass much remarks on anything I wear but he hates those dresses with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Bodysuits are fantastic. They're also, apparently, very ridey when that's all that's left on but I don't know about that. Just what I've been told ;)

*remembers last birthday*...... If you'll excuse me I need to go use the bathroom for.....uh.....reasons......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

They wouldn't if you got body for it.

Mom jeans? I think even someone with a great figure can't pull them off. They're so dated and look a "soccer mom".

Mom jeans? I think even someone with a great figure can't pull them off. They're so dated and look a "soccer mom".
    I find most jeans are like that. I honestly am baffled at how jeans are as popular as they are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

seachto7 wrote: »

Scumbag fashion. Why do they all wear the same thing? From Cork to Aberdeen? Who sets the scummer trend? There’s hardly a magazine you can buy.

I think there are subliminal updates transmitted during the Jeremy Kyle ad breaks.

Either that or they are one creature - like the Borg in Startrek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I find most jeans are like that. I honestly am baffled at how jeans are as popular as they are

I'm a big fan of skinny jeans. They look great on most people (figure permitting)
    Mom jeans are high-waisted, baggy bottoms, saggy-arsed monstrosities.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

http://www.markymunster.com/markymunster210.jpg

Eddie Munster rocking the HD brows since 1964.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

ellesse2013.jpg

Somehow a shiitty 90s brand is now widely popular and on every young wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I don't really follow fashion that much so can't think of anything off the top of my head. I know the look where men don't wear any socks but I don't think I ever saw anyone in real life out trying to rock that look!

I'm just super happy that Bardot and off the shoulder tops are back again and seem to be in a lot of womens shops at the minute. Ive always loved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Rezident

I've noticed the only people who have issues with skinny jeans are fat cünts and farmers who can't get away from bootcut jeans and salmon shirts.

Skinny trousers are for women only.

You forget everyone else on the planet except hipsters. They look wrong and must feel wrong, you poor fashion victim. How are your poor balls or what's left of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Rezident

It will never be time to get over this:

Bfjx4N8.jpg

Future generations (assuming they can still be produced by skinny-jean damaged balls) will be laughing their asses off at you.
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwihtOmqudvRAhXhLcAKHTu7AFEQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2F8PNAP9L&psig=AFQjCNFRc4Fy4TQJXG-iXoTvPpDw_srZFg&ust=1485370200627567

Rezident wrote: »
    It will never be time to get over this:

Bfjx4N8.jpg

Future generations (assuming they can still be produced by skinny-jean damaged balls) will be laughing their asses off at you.
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwihtOmqudvRAhXhLcAKHTu7AFEQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2F8PNAP9L&psig=AFQjCNFRc4Fy4TQJXG-iXoTvPpDw_srZFg&ust=1485370200627567

Dear God.

I'm speechless. It's like the camel-toe to end all camel-toes.

I need a lie down and a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

TRAUMERS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

blow69 wrote: »
    ellesse2013.jpg

Somehow a shiitty 90s brand is now widely popular and on every young wan.

It goes back to the 70s I think.

Ironically, in the 80s - along with the likes of Fila and Sergio Tachinni - it was a big football fashion and quite expensive and difficult to find. IIRC I remember somebody paying 50 sterling for a Fila jumper in the early 80s, a small fortune for a young person back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Could have at least had it at the six 0'clock position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

seachto7 wrote: »
    Fashion v style. Some of the sh*te people are wearing now, which will be out of fashion in a few years is horrendous.

Those pants with the drop crotch. You look like you're wearing a nappy.

Saw a guy in the airport last week dressed in cheesy tourist fashion. A young fella, hipster. So he had this really loud shirt on, that had a patern like a late 80s couch or curtain. Muck.

He had a bum bag on too. Sorry, but bumbags were horrible the first time around and you don’t look cool now either.

But wear what you want anyways, and feck the begrudgers!

Those ¾ length white shorts a certain type seem to like wearing in the summer, usually with a vest and a gut and white trainers or chunky sandals.

Young wans wearing skin tight pants with Ugg boots and a GAA hoody. You look like a toilet brush.

Last year, they loved the big quiff, bright George Michael style 80s tennis shorts and a North Face puff jacket. If it’s cold enough that you’re wearing a puff jacket, put on some pants.

Scarves or woolly hats with tshirts. Again, if it’s that cold, put on a jumper.

I assume the bolded bit was meant for another post :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lads going around with "beards" that look like they took some hair from their balls and stuck it on their face, if someone can't grow a real beard just accept it and shave.

I know it's been mentioned numerous times but man buns are another one.

Advertisement