Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Candie wrote:
    Noooo! Awful. Grown women dressed in toddler clothes, usually tottering on high heels they can barely walk in and patchily painted in fake tan at the same time. I've never seen a woman in a playsuit that didn't include the other factors. Maybe without the other things they'd be ok, but I still think they'd probably look dreadful.

What are you talking about?

I don't wear fake tan. And I don't totter on heels.

The gunmetal ones are like something from some Synch band.

Snake print meggings with codpiece.

c27x1.jpg?w=512&h=384

Looks comfortable. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cold shoulder tops - ugly

What are you talking about?

I don't wear fake tan. And I don't totter on heels.

I've never personally seen a girl in a playsuit without the dodgy Ronseal and high heels, if you don't do either I might change my mind about them if I saw you.

You're definitely the exception though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Candie wrote: »
    Noooo! Awful. Grown women dressed in toddler clothes, usually tottering on high heels they can barely walk in and patchily painted in fake tan at the same time. I've never seen a woman in a playsuit that didn't include the other factors. Maybe without the other things they'd be ok, but I still think they'd probably look dreadful.

No no no no no!!! Obviously they suit some more than others but they look ridiculously hot on some! I should know :p

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    No no no no no!!! Obviously they suit some more than others but they look ridiculously hot on some! I should know :p

I'm sure you look great in yours too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rasher2903

Long Moses Beards.....Yeuck!

Candie wrote:
    I've never personally seen a girl in a playsuit without the dodgy Ronseal and high heels, if you don't do either I might change my mind about them if I saw you.

Candie wrote:
    You're definitely the exception though.

Yea.

What KERSPLAT! said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Bodysuits/leotards creep me out so much I could never bring myself to wear one (not to mention that, being taller than average, one-piece outfits rarely fit me properly anyway). But I think it's because I worked in a well-known clothes shop when I was 18/19 and bodysuits were in fashion...and I was meant to button up anything given back unbuttoned in the fitting rooms. *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I love my jumpsuit. It's the only that I tried and suited me and it's possibly the most flattering outfit I own.

I don't do fake tan though.

• Advertisement

I like jumpsuits, it's only playsuits I dislike.

The only problem with jumpsuits is the bathroom issue, I'd only wear one for a night out and not an whole day, that would drive me crazy.

I got my cousin one of these Bruce Lee/Kill Bill jumpsuits a few years ago for his birthday fancy dress party*:

148e40b3a26c37419e6f559df772f928.jpg

He had a few drinks and wasn't quite fast enough in the bathroom, which is exactly the result I'd hoped for. :)

*not my cousin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Drives me nuts if I see a pretty dress in a shop but when I pick it up, it's actually a playsuit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I love a jumpsuit - they are elegant when worn correctly. I dont care for the playsuits though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Would never really wear a play suit out, usually they're day wear on hot days. Playsuit and pair of wedges

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭REM76

Definitely those geometric rectangular drawn-on eyebrows. Do they have any idea how ridiculous they look?

One of my staff has them. I can barely concentrate when she talks, though she usually has serious cleavage on the go too. She has spectacular tits.

Drives me nuts if I see a pretty dress in a shop but when I pick it up, it's actually a playsuit

I'm actually the opposite.

I get excited when I see a pretty dress in a shop that is in fact a playsuit.

I get great use out of playsuit. It's handy for work in the garden and to throw over bikini when going to the beach paired with flip flops on holidays. On any other occasion it's perfect mutton dressed as lamb look on me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I like jumpsuits, it's only playsuits I dislike.

The only problem with jumpsuits is the bathroom issue, I'd only wear one for a night out and not an whole day, that would drive me crazy.

I got my cousin one of these Bruce Lee/Kill Bill jumpsuits a few years ago for his birthday fancy dress party*:

[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/14/8e/40/148e40b3a26c37419e6f559df772f928.jpg He had a few drinks and wasn't quite fast enough in the bathroom, which is exactly the result I'd hoped for. :) *not my cousin[/img]

Sure I haven't a clue what they're called!! The ones that look like a catsuit I think... Saw a hot blonde wearing one one night, cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Was in the shops there....bloody camoflague everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Stretch denim.

So much denim is stretch denim now.

Horrible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

1920s English underworld haircuts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

The state of them! I can understand if you're on Geordie Shore or something but why would you want to draw all that attention to yourself?
    It's funny if you go to Europe they dress way more conservatively, for want of a better word. And no make up really. I personally think British Isle's women could take a leaf out of their book.

The state of them! I can understand if you're on Geordie Shore or something but why would you want to draw all that attention to yourself?
    It's funny if you go to Europe they dress way more conservatively, for want of a better word. And no make up really. I personally think British Isle's women could take a leaf out of their book.

Where is this magic Europe that everyone dresses the same?

meeeeh wrote: »
    Where is this magic Europe that everyone dresses the same?

Well. Go to Germany. All girls seem to wear a scarf, tight jeans, and some kind of comfortable shoes.
    I'm no one to talk about fashion really, I just prefer the lower key style on the continent, myself.

I have one like that. Makes me look taller for some reason.

Yeah but really who can wear that apart from super slim models, without looking a bit silly?

Take a leaf out of conservatively dressed women's book? Why? Everyone should be free to wear whatever it is they like, it might not be to everyone else's taste but I'm glad the British Isles isn't oppressed enough to make women dress more conservatively

• Advertisement

Take a leaf out of conservatively dressed women's book? Why? Everyone should be free to wear whatever it is they like, it might not be to everyone else's taste but I'm glad the British Isles isn't oppressed enough to make women dress more conservatively

You're right, I shouldn't have said that. What I meant was I prefer the style in Europe. It's nothing to do with oppression lol. Anyway my opinion really doesn't matter at all.

Advertisement