Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

My usual cardio is the elliptical trainer. I did a jog there for the first time in yonks and my poor hips! Hobbling around like i dont know what

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

33% off bulk powders until the 28th. You can usually get 30% off a few times a month but 33% is a very good deal.

Code: GET33

Would recommend the speculoos whey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

bluewolf wrote: »
    My usual cardio is the elliptical trainer. I did a jog there for the first time in yonks and my poor hips! Hobbling around like i dont know what

My usual cardio is nil, back running lately...hips, calves knees - worse than a heavy leg day:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

No hope for ye 2. Bodies must be in bits from abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Climbed back on the running wagon as well this morning and did a slow 5k. Delighted to know I've still got it in the tank as I hadn't tackled that distance since before Christmas.

Anyway, popped into the shop just after I'd finished up to grab milk and as I finished the transaction your one behind the counter gave me a pity smile. Then when I got home, himself's first reaction was "Jaysus". Quick look in the mirror confirmed my suspicion that my face had turned a rather fetching shade of beetroot. And this was almost 10 minutes after I'd finished the jog!

Ah well. I feel great now, so feck it, Still looking rather flushed as I type!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If you ever wanna do ipf make sure it's ipf spec
    Strength shop ones are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

If you ever wanna do ipf make sure it's ipf spec
    Strength shop ones are

If it just for general training ? no mind to compete in the near future

Yeah fair enough so
    I can't advise beyond that sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

no bother.

Oh and are 133mm belts really that much stiffer/uncomfortable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

will56 wrote: »
    no bother.

A 133mm belt would be particularly uncomfortable. For the most part, 10mm is fine. Unless you're a super heavyweight, you don't need to go to 13mm. And you'd probably be dead from discomfort before you actually broke it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

will56 wrote: »
    no bother.

It's not the discomfort of 133mm, it's moreso the pain in the arse asking 3 people to help you close it

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Lads any tips for dropping around 3.5kg for the IPO Nationals on Saturday :o

Already considering eating f**k all.

Seriously, I'll probably flush it out by drinking heaps of water now and then stopping on Thursday, cut back on the carbs a bit... Anyone got any tips for this sort of timeframe?

Lads any tips for dropping around 3.5kg for the IPO Nationals on Saturday :o

Already considering eating f**k all.

Seriously, I'll probably flush it out by drinking heaps of water now and then stopping on Thursday, cut back on the carbs a bit... Anyone got any tips for this sort of timeframe?

Conzy followed the sigma nutrition protocol and cut a lot more than that. That said, he was going all out to cut as much as possible to see how it felt. You just need to drop 3.5kg

http://sigmanutrition.com/making-cut-part-iv-weight-cutting/

Edit: Here's the first instalment of his 6-day weight cut clog

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f7RMwEbGTxE

Conzy followed the sigma nutrition protocol and cut a lot more than that. That said, he was going all out to cut as much as possible to see how it felt. You just need to drop 3.5kg

http://sigmanutrition.com/making-cut-part-iv-weight-cutting/

Edit: Here's the first instalment of his 6-day weight cut clog

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f7RMwEbGTxE

Jesus that's perfect. Thanks for that.

Don't venture too far from the jacks later in the week. You'll be píssing like a racehorse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How long do you have between weight in and first lift?

I followed more of less the sigma protocol a few years ago and cut 5kg in 5 days without eliminating food or doing hot baths or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭COH

Brandon Lilly is doing a seminar in RevFit on Saturday March 11th if anyones interested...

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/brandon-lilly-seminar-dublin-tickets-32417145555

Mellor wrote: »
    How long do you have between weight in and first lift?

I followed more of less the sigma protocol a few years ago and cut 5kg in 5 days without eliminating food or doing hot baths or the like.

Weigh in is 6pm Friday and I'm lifting around lunchtime Saturday.

Haven't squatted in over a week! :eek: Terrified aint the word...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ah that's fine. Go straight to McDonalds after weigh in and you're grand.

• Advertisement

My forearms have knots :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

My forearms have knots :/

How does one do that to ones forearms?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Bet it's something to do with elbow strain

Brian? wrote: »
    How does one do that to ones forearms?

Hitching...

Hitching...

Cleans you say

Or shaking up pancake mix

Hahaha

Cleans you say

It was a knot pun.

Hashtag scouts honour.

It was a knot pun.

Hashtag scouts honour.

I get jokes

latest?cb=20140820072339

Got a boojum bowl of just shredded beef and veg
    Mfp isn't being much help
    Apparently everyone on it gets rice and cream and cheese

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Got a boojum bowl of just shredded beef and veg
    Mfp isn't being much help
    Apparently everyone on it gets rice and cream and cheese

You didn't get rice, sour cream and cheese? Jaysus.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement