Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Zillah wrote: »
    Saw a charming fellow today who left a wet patch behind his head on a bench so bad I could actually see drops running down it like condensation on a can. Walked away without so much as a glance back :/

How, if you sweat that much, can you not religiously bring a towel with you and clean everything? Like, everything must be wet to the touch.

I hate those dirty kunts. I'm not overly confrontational but that's something which hits my murder button and I'd confront the person ever time.

Manky fooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

John Haack in 4x BW territory

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQqdmxHhmIM/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What weight is that?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What weight is that?

Three hunnit and fawdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Slight rounding of his back... should retire from powerlifting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Jesus the face colour change in that second one is alarming!

Jesus the face colour change in that second one is alarming!

It's 387kg so if he didn't have a red face and/or fart PR, I'd be more surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

Anyone here do the GPC push pull in ABS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

whippet wrote: »
    Anyone here do the GPC push pull in ABS ?

I deadlifted at it.

VIS VIRES wrote: »
    I deadlifted at it.

how did you get on?

It looked like a very good set up .. ABS looks like a seriously well set up gym

• Advertisement

how did you get on?

It looked like a very good set up .. ABS looks like a seriously well set up gym

I pulled 317.5kg in the U90kg class. Yeah it was a well run comp. Good standard of lifting and everything seemed to run smoothly on the day. ABS looks like a seriously good set up alright, very well equipped gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I pulled 317.5kg in the U90kg class. Yeah it was a well run comp. Good standard of lifting and everything seemed to run smoothly on the day. ABS looks like a seriously good set up alright, very well equipped gym.

Outrageous.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Some man, well done.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Outrageous.

It really is.

they/them/theirs

Whopper .. have to ask RAW or equipped?

Whopper .. have to ask RAW or equipped?

It was raw, I went in to the comp injured so it was a bit off my best.

https://instagram.com/p/BQqelCjhyEc/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It was raw, I went in to the comp injured so it was a bit off my best.

https://instagram.com/p/BQqelCjhyEc/

lol, love the death metal.

lol, love the death metal.

Making sure there's good lifting music seems to be par for the course in ABS.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Whats peoples general opinion on Rack pulls. Im trying to give my lower back a bit of a break for a few weeks so not deadlifting and doing these instead from about mid shin.
    I know people say block pulls has a better carry over to deadlifts so am i wasting my time doing rack pulls?
    I am quite ejoying them and while my numbers are slightly lower than my deadlift i am able to get more volume in without my back tiring. i am struggling to get tight on the initial pull tho. Anyone got any suggestions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP8Bv-IjhmT/

Some good info on that page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1JVqhhyEm/?taken-by=tommartinpl&hl=en

410kg PR Deadlift by Tom Martin. Insane lift.

So off topic thread.. Off training and ON a legal high :p

Got neck cranked in Judo ten days ago and have been on Tramadol, Valium and Difene a week now and can hardly keep my eye's open for more than a few minutes at a time.

Basically the neck crank has caused my upper back and neck to go into spasms, which is fooking agony :/

Can't train, have cabin fever and too doped to even drive or cycle ~ and I'm just here on my pity pony and whinging :(

Got neck cranked in Judo ten days ago and have been on Tramadol, Valium and Difene a week now and can hardly keep my eye's open for more than a few minutes at a time.

Basically the neck crank has caused my upper back and neck to go into spasms, which is fooking agony :/

Can't train, have cabin fever and too doped to even drive or cycle ~ and I'm just here on my pity pony and whinging :(

Sounds nasty man :(

If its any consolation I got wiped off my motorbike by a merc that pulled out to skip traffic and can't train either! although by the sounds of it you're worse off than I am as I'm still on my feet working

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1JVqhhyEm/?taken-by=tommartinpl&hl=en

410kg PR Deadlift by Tom Martin. Insane lift.

His Facebook page has the warm ups from the start. They look like aggressive clean pulls at the start with the impressive violence of his hips.

Basically tearing the bar a new one.

COH wrote: »
    Sounds nasty man :(

If its any consolation I got wiped off my motorbike by a merc that pulled out to skip traffic and can't train either! although by the sounds of it you're worse off than I am as I'm still on my feet working

I can't work.

I tried to drive the other night, silly really because I was pretty doped from the meds.. But I'm sure it'll clear up soon enough, I'm usually good at recovery.

My biggest problem is inactivity, I really hate it and can fall into a pit of depression pretty quickly if I'm out too long.

Seen your post in the motorcycle forum, hope the bike isn't too bad man :/

I can't work.

I tried to drive the other night, silly really because I was pretty doped from the meds.. But I'm sure it'll clear up soon enough, I'm usually good at recovery.

My biggest problem is inactivity, I really hate it and can fall into a pit of depression pretty quickly if I'm out too long.

Seen your post in the motorcycle forum, hope the bike isn't too bad man :/

Fingers crossed its a quick recovery man - give Paul a shout in the Dublin Sports Clinic if you need help with the rehab the guy is a wizard.

Bikes grand for the most part just cosmetics - drover her home the day after the crash and been commuting since so can't complain really

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

A REAL proper hard massage + foam roll?

Them tablets r waste of time, toxic cocktail on the liver.

arkrow wrote: »

No medical advice!!!!

they/them/theirs

arkrow wrote: »

No medical advice!!!!

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    Fingers crossed its a quick recovery man - give Paul a shout in the Dublin Sports Clinic if you need help with the rehab the guy is a wizard.

Bikes grand for the most part just cosmetics - drover her home the day after the crash and been commuting since so can't complain really

Cheers. This is a regular enough injury for me. The problem with the injury is that it causes muscle spasms, and they're the real problem. The physio can't get to work until the spasm and swelling go, hence the Valium as a muscle relaxant.

I've very heavy, strong back muscles so it'll take awhile.

Regarding your bike, if that accident was the car drivers fault I'd recommend you getting a mechanic/engineer report on the bike (whether its economically viable for repair/write off).

Some times you're best off getting them wrote off, repairing them ~ have it certified that its road worthy again by an engineer and put it back on the road as a streetfighter (and make €€€). Its completely legal and nothing under handed.

If the other driver's at fault you can also claim for your helmet, cloves, boots, leathers etc ~ I'd almost certainly be looking at replacing the helmet after an off.

Advertisement