Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Rhyme wrote: »
    It barely covers the price of my custom user title since they closed down the Resident Evil factory forum. Hard times, hard times.

You're obviously not banning enough plebs. I got my boards.ie moderator exclusive copy of Odyssey signed by Charles Martinet himself with a Yoshi plushie today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Turtwig wrote: »
    You're obviously not banning enough plebs. I got my boards.ie moderator exclusive copy of Odyssey signed by Charles Martinet himself with a Yoshi plushie today.

Damn, the After Hours mods must be raking in a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Well if you'd stop scaring off the posters round yonder there'd be more to ban wouldn't there

When is the earliest we can start downloading this?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My copy was just dispatched by Amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BeerFarts

Smyths just dispatched mine. It'd be great if I get it tomorrow. Anyone know who they usually use for delivery? Won't be at home so I hope it's an Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

BeerFarts wrote: »
    Smyths just dispatched mine. It'd be great if I get it tomorrow. Anyone know who they usually use for delivery? Won't be at home so I hope it's an Post.

They used An Post for my Mario + Rabbids!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just cancelled my amazon order that I’ve had since June. It was £43 but it wouldn’t be here until the 1st of November.

I instead bought it on the South African eshop, it cost about €41 and It is pre-downloading now. I’m usually not a fan of digital downloads over physical but I can’t see myself selling MO so why not.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I just cancelled my amazon order that I’ve had since June. It was £43 but it wouldn’t be here until the 1st of November.

I instead bought it on the South African eshop, it cost about €41 and It is pre-downloading now. I’m usually not a fan of digital downloads over physical but I can’t see myself selling MO so why not.

My Amazon order says the same. Would be nice to have it for the long weekend.
    Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I've just done the same. You speak great sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Picked mine up from SA earlier on today myself, off for two weeks from Friday, can’t wait!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I just canceled Amazon and it’s preloading now form the eStore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How to get from S African estore?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Review embargo lifts today. How long until they start being published?:)

2pm later today, apparently. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    2pm later today, apparently. :)

There ends all afternoon productivity. :)

Turtwig wrote: »
    There ends all afternoon productivity. :)

Click link, scroll to bottom, 10/10.

Should take no more than a few minutes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Quick question in relation to this. I have a $35 eShop card. Can this only be used against a purchase on the US eStore? I'd rather not have to change regions and set up a US account but if not then so be it for the sake of Mario Odyssey ;-)

Thanks

• Advertisement

Correct.

Easier to set up a madmoeUSA account though - games that are $19.99 (for example) are often €19.99 here. By buying in the US eShop, you'll save about €3 at the current exchange rate (€6 on $40, €9 on $60 etc.)

If your primary email address is mad.moe@gmail.com, you don't even need to set up a new email account.
    Any variation of that address (before the @, using dots) is also yours.

m.admoe@gmail.com, madm.oe@gmail.com etc. Try it out....

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Was playing Mario Odyssey s few days ago in Best Buy. It was pretty good but there is a lot of collecting coins and Korok Seeds sorry I mean Moonshines or stars 😀 Which in not a huge fun off. Don't like those cutscenes for every moon piece.

The Mexico level seemed fairly sparse. Don't get me wrong the controls were tight and it seems fun but I'm just hoping the platforming is up there with Mario's best. Happy was cool. But while I was admiring the 2D Mario on a wall and pipe the demo timed out and I never got to try the 2d part 😀 doh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Correct.

Easier to set up a madmoeUSA account though - games that are $19.99 (for example) are often €19.99 here. By buying in the US eShop, you'll save about €3 at the current exchange rate (€6 on $40, €9 on $60 etc.)

If your primary email address is mad.moe@gmail.com, you don't even need to set up a new email account.
    Any variation of that address (before the @, using dots) is also yours.

m.admoe@gmail.com, madm.oe@gmail.com etc. Try it out....

Thanks for that, I might need to PM you on Friday if I run into any issues.....if of course that's OK? I read through the guide you posted above from Nintendolife and from what they say you do seem to need to set up a new email account?

Yeah no worries. Like I said, I'm just using variations of my gmail account. So if my main address is bob.xyz@gmail.com **, I might use b.obxyz@gmail.com for the US account, bobxy.z@gmail.com for my SA account and so on. That way, all the receipts go to the same place.

** (Not my real address) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I might need to PM you on Friday if I run into any issues.....if of course that's OK? I read through the guide you posted above from Nintendolife and from what they say you do seem to need to set up a new email account?

Yeah I did it myself last week. Just go to this link, make a new account with a different email address and location. Then just log in on your switch. Easy peasy https://accounts.nintendo.com/authorize_age_gate?redirect_after=5&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.nintendo.com%2F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

The kind people of eBay just sent me a £10 voucher. Just picked up a download code for £27.50

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Sparko

I've just done the same, used my Revolut card and it worked out at €40 so a decent saving vs Amazon. Downloading away there now.

Tried to cancel my Amazon order but looks like it's too late. I haven't gotten a dispatch email but the cancellation request wasn't accepted. It says to refuse the package or do a product return once received so I'll have to take one of those routes. I probably should have started with the Amazon side before ordering from the eshop! I'll get it sorted anyway and least I'll have this ready to play tomorrow.

• Advertisement

"Not only is it guaranteed to be a front-runner for game of the year, it's arguably in the conversation for best of all time."

Yikes. :)

Advertisement