Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Picked up the magazine on the way to work this morning. Haven't had a chance to read it yet but can confirm that the snippet that was released on Reddit is legit.
    It also says that there isn't quite as many moons to collect as korok seeds but that it's close!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Picked up the magazine on the way to work this morning. Haven't had a chance to read it yet but can confirm that the snippet that was released on Reddit is legit.
    It also says that there isn't quite as many moons to collect as korok seeds but that it's close!

In Easons? I had a look but I couldn’t see it.

In Easons? I had a look but I couldn’t see it.

Yep, Easons on Nassau Street

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I know I'm on my own here...but I don't have my hopes too high for this.

I mean I want it, i've had it preordered for months, day one for sure...

But Mario 3D World didn't grab me like it did most of yis. And this hat business...well, we'll see.

I hope I'm wrong.

Kinda spoilers from the edge review

22382318_773986532784413_3582995771316724466_o.jpg?oh=be39f46ef3b2b923139730c28bf415c3&oe=5A82A3DC

22382333_773986546117745_7557953342418361103_o.jpg?oh=29e1832c554f3b6f5703c2e40a621186&oe=5A816652

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyone know when the review embargo lifts for this game? I adored sunshine because of its adventure element. So really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Anyone see eurogamer post on 30 stg get 6stg free then couple with 42 stg digital download via Amazon UK. .... thats 40.50e for Mario not bad. I i think no hassle Ireland and codes from Amazon UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

kevin2me wrote: »
    Anyone see eurogamer post on 30 stg get 6stg free then couple with 42 stg digital download via Amazon UK. .... thats 40.50e for Mario not bad. I i think no hassle Ireland and codes from Amazon UK?

Pretty sure download codes from across Europe are fine, at least that was my experience in the WiiU. Worst case scenario you change your account location temporarily or create a UK based 2nd/3rd account

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Thanks Banjo. Was asking as Amazon states UK only. I'm in Texas till 8th Nov so it might block a digital download code.

Click away for the Score. 2nd good review.
    https://gonintendo.com/stories/293102-famitsu-this-week-s-review-scores-10-17-17

Super Mario 64 - 39/40
    Super Mario Sunshine - 38/40
    Super Mario Galaxy - 38/40
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 37/40
    Super Mario 3D Land - 38/40
    Super Mario 3D World - 38/40
    Super Mario Odyssey - xx/40

Review embargo is up on the 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Went and preordered this in Smyth's.
    I kinda know I didn't have to, but don't want to miss out just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

kevin2me wrote: »
    Thanks Banjo. Was asking as Amazon states UK only. I'm in Texas till 8th Nov so it might block a digital download code.

Click away for the Score. 2nd good review.
    https://gonintendo.com/stories/293102-famitsu-this-week-s-review-scores-10-17-17

Super Mario 64 - 39/40
    Super Mario Sunshine - 38/40
    Super Mario Galaxy - 38/40
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 37/40
    Super Mario 3D Land - 38/40
    Super Mario 3D World - 38/40
    Super Mario Odyssey - xx/40

I'm sure its very good but......

FIFA 18 – 10/9/9/9 [37/40]

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif?ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Review embargo is up on the 26th.

That's a very late embargo by Nintendo's usual standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,896 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And now the full song. Available on iTunes supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bewbs. 80085.

I can see there being quite a few copies of the game itself being available in stores the stock quantity of the red joycon console bundle will be few and far between. Game does look fun.

If anyone didn't see the Princess Peach wedding dress Amiibo unlocks Mario his own bridal gown costume to wear in game!
    I'm sure if sligeach was around he'd appreciate what great value the amiibo thus is.

Spoilers are around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If anyone didn't see the Princess Peach wedding dress Amiibo unlocks Mario his own bridal gown costume to wear in game!
    I'm sure if sligeach was around he'd appreciate what great value the amiibo thus is.

To be fair if it unlocked something 'substantial', people would complain why it wasn't in the game already etc etc. They should mostly be seen as a collectable figure which also could contain some various minimum in game content.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BeerFarts

Anyone have any experience of pre-ordering with Smyths with home delivery? I'm hoping they'll ship the game out on Thursday for a Friday delivery but I have my doubts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He's around, just not posting here.
    Pity though.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He's around, just not posting here.
    Pity though.

Sligeach is always with us in our hearts. And our switches! Not literally of course, although it would explain a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Went and preordered this in Smyth's.
    I kinda know I didn't have to, but don't want to miss out just in case!

Just did the same here. Kinda paranoid about Nintendo stock issues or nay-be its there new business model.

I decided I'm not bothered about spoilers and checked the ending (HUGE SPOILER)
    Post game content lets you travel to the mushroom kingdom!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

So I found a One4All voucher so I can actually afford Mario Odyssey now (was going to wait until November/December before) but only Gamestop and Argos take the voucher. I'm thinking I'll wait until Friday morning and check what Argos are going to charge for it before committing and if I'm not happy with either price, buy eShop credit in Gamestop and buy it online.

Jazzed up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Rhyme wrote: »
    So I found a One4All voucher so I can actually afford Mario Odyssey now (was going to wait until November/December before) but only Gamestop and Argos take the voucher. I'm thinking I'll wait until Friday morning and check what Argos are going to charge for it before committing and if I'm not happy with either price, buy eShop credit in Gamestop and buy it online.

Finally, come Friday, I can spend that $35 eShop card my friend gave me for my birthday back in May! I'll have to change my eShop to the USA to get it and add some more $$$$ but it will all be worth it!!

Ordered from Amazon to Parcel Motel. It says it will be delivered on the 27th so do Parcel Motel stock the lockers over the weekend or will I have to wait until the Tuesday to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ordered from Amazon to Parcel Motel. It says it will be delivered on the 27th so do Parcel Motel stock the lockers over the weekend or will I have to wait until the Tuesday to get it?

They stock over the weekends for certain. Not sure about the bank holiday though.

Rhyme wrote: »

What, you mean your Moderator Boards.ie wages didn't cover the cost of the game?
    I'd speak to your union rep if I were you...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

What, you mean your Moderator Boards.ie wages didn't cover the cost of the game?
    I'd speak to your union rep if I were you...

It barely covers the price of my custom user title since they closed down the Resident Evil factory forum. Hard times, hard times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Pre-ordered on Amazon this morning, hope to get it Friday and the travelling over the weekend so will be enjoying that, hopefully, on the plane.

Advertisement