Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child refugees -majority to be males aged 17???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

dissed doc wrote: »
    That doesn't mean Ireland is her home.

Spirtually by her policy of wanting to spend €270k per year per migrant on her harem of 40 young 17 year old boys, this middle aged "lesbian" is trying to present a fait accompli , spending money that isn't hers, on people that we owe nothing to, who simply bullied their way to an illegal squat camp to try and scab a trip to the UK.

Her culture and upbringing is very alien to anyone who has actually been raised in Ireland to native Irish parents.

Me getting a Cork passport, and living there for a few years having moved from Galway, doesn't mean I am from Cork or ever will be.

Zappone is a blow in. It's time she blew back out again.

All I got from that was blow in lesbian spending someone's elses money that isn't her's

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gatling wrote: »
    But not their not refugees

You're right they are economic immigants so because they have a "right" to be here that's OK with you. I don't see immigrant or refugee I see human being, maybe that's the difference between us.

You're right they are economic immigants so because they have a "right" to be here that's OK with you.

Didn't say otherwise all I said not refugees

Didn't say otherwise all I said not refugees

2 cheeks of the same arse

It's just justifying the Irish habit of doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

2 cheeks of the same arse

It's just justifying the Irish habit of doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

Absolutely no idea whats that's all about ,

• Advertisement

If I'm correct this will bring our spending on housing asylum seekers to near €300 million pa and not including legal fees for barrister's and human rights lawyers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

But the culture the Irish are used to is much different.
    And you may hear about boozed up Irish sometimes, but they're not out trying to instill Catholic doctrine everywhere they go.....

But the culture the Irish are used to is much different.
    And you may hear about boozed up Irish sometimes, but they're not out trying to instill Catholic doctrine everywhere they go.....

No you're right, I have worked with many Muslim over the last 30 years and not a sigle one of them has even blinked when I told them I am an Atheist never mind tried to convert me

But keep listening to the media lads apparently I would have had my throat cut 1000 times if I had divulged this information to your average everyday Muslim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

If I'm correct this will bring our spending on housing asylum seekers to near €300 million pa and not including legal fees for barrister's and human rights lawyers

Actually it is something like this:

€640 million/year: foreign aid (to refugees for example, in Turkey, or Africa)
    €150 million/year: the 5000 asylum seekers already in Ireland

And coming up (at costs based on Zappone's own figures):

€1080 million/year: the 4000 new migrants and refugees (at €278k/person/year)

Total cost of this liberal masturbation within 5 years at current official cost estimates: €1.9 Billion/year.

Let's just shut the country down. We need to drain the state of its ability to destroy the country's finances a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

dissed doc wrote: »
    Stheno wrote: »
    Home to where? Shes an irish citizen

That doesn't mean Ireland is her home.

Spirtually by her policy of wanting to spend €270k per year per migrant on her harem of 40 young 17 year old boys, this middle aged "lesbian" is trying to present a fait accompli , spending money that isn't hers, on people that we owe nothing to, who simply bullied their way to an illegal squat camp to try and scab a trip to the UK.

Her culture and upbringing is very alien to anyone who has actually been raised in Ireland to native Irish parents.

Me getting a Cork passport, and living there for a few years having moved from Galway, doesn't mean I am from Cork or ever will be.

Zappone is a blow in. It's time she blew back out again.

Why do you have lesbian in quotations?

• Advertisement

I'm in the UK at the moment and there are 6 Romanian lads working in my place who say the same thing, I know many Irish and indeed English people who went to USA, Canada, Australia etc for the same reason. Here's some breaking news for you, people will move to other countries for a better life.

Of course they will. The difference is, the 6 Romanian lads are working. They're not pretending to be refugees, to scam the system.
    You're right they are economic immigants so because they have a "right" to be here that's OK with you. I don't see immigrant or refugee I see human being, maybe that's the difference between us.

I see human beings, too.

But, realistically, don't you think people genuinely fleeing a warzone should have priority over those who are just looking for free everything? And are not prepared to let any legal impediment stand in the way of getting it?

Can we seriously afford €275,000 per person who comes here for a better life as opposed to those fleeing a warzone?

At 60% of the total intake of 4,000, that's 2,400 people, @ €275000 each.
    A whopping 660 million per year, on people who are looking for a better life.

What abut Irish children who need life-saving treatment that runs to 10s of thousands of euro per year, that are denied it because it is considered unaffordable?
    Are they not human beings, too? Or do they not count because their parents are Irish?

What about the genuine refugees who are stuck in camps in Syria?
    Are they not human?

We can only do so much.
    The least we should be trying to do is help as many people as possible - not playing fairy godmother with money that could be spent much more effectively.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

It's disgraceful Ireland is being taking for a ride.

Somebody needs to put an end to the asylum "industry".

We need an Irish Donald Trump.

Old Bill wrote: »

We need an Irish Donald Trump.

No and we don't need a putin either

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Why do you have lesbian in quotations?

Just repeating what she herself emphasised when she was elected: it is part of the identity politics that was started.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irelands-first-lesbian-td-hopes-to-represent-lgbt-community-in-dail-723668.html

If identity politics are relevant to being elected (as opposed to simple representative politics) I see no reason to suddenly ignore it once in office, right? I am unsure why she is bringing only one gender - why not women? Why 40 young men? That is not fair in the least. Why not even split 20 women and 20 men.

I would like people elected based on ability , not based on sexual preference, ethnicity, etc., . If we can't move on from identity politics, we are stuck in the mud. Now we are picking refugees just based on gender; well, Minister Zappone is picking refugees just of one gender. There is no "we" and no democratic oversight it seems.

If a man went and picked just 40 women? Or just 40 men? It is weird and not representative of IMO normality....

I prefer decisions based on reasoned and accountable democracy and consensus, not for Ireland to be a sandbox for identity politics interest groups.

Of course they will. The difference is, the 6 Romanian lads are working. They're not pretending to be refugees, to scam the system.

I see human beings, too.

But, realistically, don't you think people genuinely fleeing a warzone should have priority over those who are just looking for free everything? And are not prepared to let any legal impediment stand in the way of getting it?

Can we seriously afford €275,000 per person who comes here for a better life as opposed to those fleeing a warzone?

At 60% of the total intake of 4,000, that's 2,400 people, @ €275000 each.
    A whopping 660 million per year, on people who are looking for a better life.

What abut Irish children who need life-saving treatment that runs to 10s of thousands of euro per year, that are denied it because it is considered unaffordable?
    Are they not human beings, too? Or do they not count because their parents are Irish?

What about the genuine refugees who are stuck in camps in Syria?
    Are they not human?

We can only do so much.
    The least we should be trying to do is help as many people as possible - not playing fairy godmother with money that could be spent much more effectively.

5 of them.were here illegally before they were allowed be here ; )

5 of them.were here illegally before they were allowed be here ; )

Were they receiving assistance to the tune of 275,000 per year?
    No? No comparison, then.

Not that I approve of their being here illegally, either - I don't!

But, they were not denying funds to an Irish child in urgent need of treatment.
    They weren't preventing someone whose life is in imminent danger from being helped.

There are degrees of wrongdoing. Being here illegally is wrong. Being here illegally, and scamming the system to the tune of €275,000 per year, costing lives that could otherwise be saved - that's the lowest of the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Brian? wrote: »
    "Our own people"? Who do you define as "our own"?

Ireland should welcome legitimate refugees, so what if it costs money? Are you placing a particular price on each human life?

Must get in before thread locked. ..

The Irish government have put a price on cystic-fibrosis sufferers lives.

BTW it is 160,000 per year, a lower price than the 40 young men from Calais are going to cost.
    And yes they are all young men.
    They would be old enough to leave shcool and even join the army.

Oh and also we all damn well know fook all of them are Syrian if they have come from the jungle.

And the looney leftie minister who is championing this idea wants to bring in 200 of these so called kids.

If 40 are costing 11 million that means we have to find 55 odd million.

Yep folks those waiting lists will get longer, those trolleys will be out the door.
    Oh and the housing list, well add another couple of years to it.
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    I get that some people believe that how deserving of human compassion a person is is a direct function of where they had the manners to be born, but not everyone feels that way.

Every civilised country has signed up to agreements that set out how refugees (the word doesn't need danger quotes - yes, I get that you're using them as a way of expressing your view that they're not genuine refugees without having to adduce any evidence for that belief) should be treated. If you believe that Ireland should renege on those agreements on the basis that Irish people are inherently more deserving, I guess you'll have to elect a government that agrees with you.

That's not how public policy works. If everyone got to opt out of a percentage of their taxes on the basis of government expenditure they disagreed with, the country would be in quite the state.

Funny how you mention civilised.
    Do you have any idea of the problems these so called refugees have caused in the countries in which they have wandered over the last couple of years.

Maybe you wouldn't mind young men whacking off to young girls in Irish swimming pools, Irish nurses lured into parks to be gang raped, young children raped by some guy with a sexual emergency, machete attacks on our public transport, girls and women groped at public celebrations ?
    BTW you won't find those stories on Irish media, hell they weren't covered in German media at one stage either.

Ever take a look at the ones arriving in Greece and Italy.
    Shag all are actually Syrian and even more starkly for refugees shag all are women and children.

Where are the real refugees ?

Look back through history and the pictures/videos of refugee columns out of Rwanda in 90s, Yugoslavia in 90s, Sudan in 2000s, India/Pakistan in 48, Korea in 50s, Europe in WWII and the very noticable thing is the young children, the women and the old.

BTW out of the 80 coming to Ballaghadereen, the state has already admitted "most" are Syrian.

Who are the rest?
    Are they Iraqi, Afghani, Eritrean, Sudanese, Morrocan, perhaps a young Tunisian like that guy in Berlin ?
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    A question to anyone who believes this: if you had a 16-year-old son, would you be happy to leave him on his own in a refugee camp in Turkey or Jordan? Or in Calais, for that matter?

Perhaps you'd like to explain what you know about them that the Department of Justice doesn't?

And if you were 16 or a young man would you p**s off and leave your parents, your sisters or your wife and kids and use your money to get a leaky dingy to Europe ?

And please stop pedalling the shyte that Calais jungle was refugees.
    Maybe you should chat to some truckers.

And as for relying on our dept of justice, need I remind you that some people in Berlin had relied on the intelligence services and police of a much richer and capable state to make sure a Tunisian criminal on a watch list didn't get to become an ISIS poster boy.

Were they receiving assistance to the tune of 275,000 per year?
    No? No comparison, then.

Not that I approve of their being here illegally, either - I don't!

But, they were not denying funds to an Irish child in urgent need of treatment.
    They weren't preventing someone whose life is in imminent danger from being helped.

There are degrees of wrongdoing. Being here illegally is wrong. Being here illegally, and scamming the system to the tune of €275,000 per year, costing lives that could otherwise be saved - that's the lowest of the low.

How are they "scamming" to the tune of €275,000 ? Do you believe they will be getting this cash into their accounts?

How are they "scamming" to the tune of €275,000 ? Do you believe they will be getting this cash into their accounts?

Don't be obtuse.

Those who are not genuine refugees are scamming.

Now, instead of constantly asking questions - how about addressing some of the points that have been made...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

I don't believe we will end up spending 11 million or at least I hope not.

These men and they most definitely are men and not teenagers will abscond to the UK at the earliest opportunity.

What worries me though is the commitment that Zappone has given that we keep them here, i.e. in what will be an open prison in a group of houses somewhere.this means contracts have been signed with various security companies to monitor the movement of the "teenagers" and even if they abscond we will still have to pay for their supervision, probably indefinitely.

• Advertisement

Mary63 wrote: »
    I don't believe we will end up spending 11 million or at least I hope not.

These men and they most definitely are men and not teenagers will abscond to the UK at the earliest opportunity.

What worries me though is the commitment that Zappone has given that we keep them here, i.e. in what will be an open prison in a group of houses somewhere.this means contracts have been signed with various security companies to monitor the movement of the "teenagers" and even if they abscond we will still have to pay for their supervision, probably indefinitely.

Just be thankful it didn't get negotiated under TIPP; if it was, we would probably have to pay compensation to any company deprived of contract work by the government failing to supply enough "refugees" to monitor.

I hope a contract has been signed with a condom manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The Calais "chidren" or "minors" as our minister like to term them are scam aritists.
    They were refused entry to the UK but hung around in Calais, basically making a complete nuisance of themselves.
    How did they get to Calais in the first place ?

Look we all know they will not be getting the €275,00 each, but as we know from our experiences of the revelations of the charity industry over the last few years, all the ones involved must get a nice slice of the pie.

Like with the very lucky and far sighted investor in the hotel (and supposedly 50 odd houses by all aco*****) in Ballaghadereen someone has to provide accommodation for these guys.
    And that accommodation will not come cheap.

Then there is education and language classes with need for translators.
    Hopefully the now standard European "you can't go raping women and girls because they aren't dressed like a tent and with a guy already" class will also be included in this education.

Then they have to get access to doctors and healthcare, they will need have medicals, have dental checkups and any necessary work carried out and they will need child physcologists to help them get over all the hardships they encountered in France.

Then there will have to be money for clothing.
    They possibly need a phone to contact their poor parents and other siblings still left in the war zones, or maybe even their relatives in the UK already.

They will need transport so some guy with minibuses and taxis will do ok out of it.
    Then they need money to join sports clubs, training camps in the summer, for trips to familise them with our country, you know so that they might integrate.

There is a lot of money involved in helping refugees.
    Ask Mr Goldman Sachs peter sutherland if you doubt me.

Mary Robinson has alot to answer for, she invited the "Refugees" into Ireland back in the 1990s.

Over the past 20 years "Refugees" and bogus asylum seekers have cost the state Billions.

All thanks to Mary Robinson who is still drawing down a massive 100k+ a year state pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Well you clearly don't feel than Human Rights apply to these people and feel they should be treated differently to Irish nationals.
    An African guy living off the land in Calais should be treated the same as an Irish national?
    Why do you think every country has its own passport? Should we all just burn our passports?

I have never read such nonsense and I am actually beginning to understand now why Trump is rolling into the White house on Friday.

I have never read such nonsense and I am actually beginning to understand now why Trump is rolling into the White house on Friday.

Trump is one of the few politicians who tells it like it is.

I know, most of them say what they people want to hear and they think what people want to hear is what the media tell the politicians is what people want to hear.The reality is people are afraid to actually say what they think now because they will be called racist, they say nothing at all and then place their vote.Thats the reason for Trump and Brexit and we have an awful lot to lose if Britain do eventually go and all because Britain are terrified of Turkey getting into the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I cant believe some people are ok with this situation,the ACTUAL REFUGEES heading for Ballaghadreen are grand,no bother,taken from ACTUAL REFUGEE CAMPS.....these lads from Calais are nothing but criminals,waiting to illegally enter the U.K by any means possible and this clown Zappone is straight up aiding and abetting criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Old Bill wrote: »

Trump is one of the few politicians who tells it like it is.

He doesn't have a clue and will be found out quick enough.

Gone inside 18 months I'd wager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement