Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child refugees -majority to be males aged 17???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If you're trying to play the sympathy card for Irish citizens who are in the USA illegally, you're wasting your time.

Migration needs to be controlled, for the benefit of the host Country, as well as the migrants themselves. It doesn't matter whether the migrants are Irish/Middle eastern/African/ or A.N Other. That statement still holds true.

Now, did any Country the Irish migrated to provide a Naval taxi service, treat them as refugees, house them, feed them, and clothe them - or not?

This while "Naval taxi service" thing is a load of Bollix and you know it, many countries came together to help save thousands of people who were in the open sea in very dangerous craft, I suppose you would have just thrown them.a tow line and dragged them back across the oceans?

As for refugees, yes the Irish (many who were sick) were treated in centers on arrival in the US, many thousands are all over the world living illegally as "economic" immigrants but sure they're Irish so we won't talk about them ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 xylitol_works

The Irish Navy are acting as people traffickers. That is what they do, traffic people from Africa to Italy.

It's a disgrace. We shouldn't be doing it. It could be argued that the Irish navy is engaging in treason.

Providing help or support to a foreign army or soldier is treason.

ISIS have said that they intend to infiltrate soldiers into refugee flows into Europe.

If we help the refugee flows we are potentially helping ISIS.

If we deliberately close our eyes to that fact, and if we refuse to vet foreigners who may be ISIS members, we are being reckless as to whether or not we are engaging in treason.

That may well be proscutable in court as treason. The Irish Navy is being reckless as to whether or not it is engaged in treason.

Of course our craven government has no intention of doing so.

I don't agree that we should take children from France. France is not at war and the children may not be children.

We should say no.

But Enda Kenny was never able to stand up to the French. Remember when Sarkozy ruffled his hair like a schoolchild? Cringy, and very weak. Bosco.

The Irish Navy are acting as people traffickers. That is what they do, traffic people from Africa to Italy.

It's a disgrace. We shouldn't be doing it. It could be argued that the Irish navy is engaging in treason.

Providing help or support to a foreign army or soldier is treason.

ISIS have said that they intend to infiltrate soldiers into refugee flows into Europe.

If we help the refugee flows we are potentially helping ISIS.

If we deliberately close our eyes to that fact, and if we refuse to vet foreigners who may be ISIS members, we are being reckless as to whether or not we are engaging in treason.

That may well be proscutable in court as treason. The Irish Navy is being reckless as to whether or not it is engaged in treason.

Of course our craven government has no intention of doing so.

I don't agree that we should take children from France. France is not at war and the children may not be children.

We should say no.

But Enda Kenny was never able to stand up to the French. Remember when Sarkozy ruffled his hair like a schoolchild? Cringy, and very weak. Bosco.

Lol

Hello new.poster, very edgy stuff there.

You'll fit right in here :rolleyes:

Care to address the points made?

Care to address the points made?

You haven't made any points you have made ridiculous accusations of treason!

• Advertisement

Knowingly providing support to ISIS would be treason wouldn't it?

If you close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears is it then ok?

The Irish Navy is closing its eyes and sticking its fingers into its ears.

Who is doing this?

Can you please name and shame the people in the Irish navy who are doing this and post your evidence for this claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This while "Naval taxi service" thing is a load of Bollix and you know it, many countries came together to help save thousands of people who were in the open sea in very dangerous craft, I suppose you would have just thrown them.a tow line and dragged them back across the oceans?

Ferrying economic migrants hoping to find a fortune In the EU ,
    And what's wrong with returning them to safe african state ,

Gatling wrote: »
    Ferrying economic migrants hoping to find a fortune In the EU ,
    And what's wrong with returning them to safe african state ,

Irish Naval ships would have no right to enter African territorial waters without an invite so just shipping them back and dumping them anywhere is not a valid option, which African state should they be taken to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It's eye opening reading the comments of some posters on here (i.e. oldbill etc) that clearly don't consider these people to be human beings. I think society will look back on this era and the opinions expressed a lot like 1930/40s and cringe.

Thankfully opinions like that are in the minority.

• Advertisement

The Irish Navy should not travel hundreds of kilometers in order to wait for distress calls. That is not required under any law.

We are cuck fools.

Irish Naval ships would have no right to enter African territorial waters without an invite

Like the invite from the several Libyan opposing governments,
    These are economic migrants not refugees at no stage should any naval force be used to provide a taxi service from Libyan waters to Italy or other EU states

The Irish Navy should not tavel hundreds of kilometers in orders to wait for distress calls. That is not required under any law.

We are cuck fools.

You should really read up on things you know nothing about before you embarrass yourself

http://www.sealaw.com/maritime-law-cruise-ships-and-assistance-for-distressed-boaters/
    The IMO explicitly states this requirement in its International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea: “A master of a ship at sea, which is in a position to be able to provide assistance on receiving a signal from any source that persons are in distress at sea, is bound to proceed with all speed to their assistance.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

Meanwhile while the Irish Navy is over there illegal drugs flow into Ireland through our open coastline.

The drug importers here must be rubbing their hands with glee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    It's eye opening reading the comments of some posters on here (i.e. oldbill etc) that clearly don't consider these people to be human beings. I think society will look back on this era and the opinions expressed a lot like 1930/40s and cringe.

Your talking nonsense. Where did I say they're not human ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Old Bill wrote: »
    Your talking nonsense. Where did I say they're not human ?

Well you clearly don't feel than Human Rights apply to these people and feel they should be treated differently to Irish nationals.

Where do you treat them as humans?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Would you be willing to accept figures from Frontex?
    Sure, if we were talking about economic migrants or asylum seekers. But we're not: we're talking about refugees.
    newacc2015 wrote: »
    You basically saying it is dreadful they are there, without questioning how they got there.
    No; I'm basically challenging the idea that a child in a refugee camp is "safe".
    Do you know the difference between an asylum seeker and an economic migrant?
    Yes. Do you know the difference between those things and a refugee?
    We are cuck fools.

It's always helpful when someone uses the sort of language that demonstrates that they're mindlessly repeating alt-right nonsense and can be safely ignored.

quoting is not working for me.

Timberrrrr said.
    You should really read up on things you know nothing about before you embarrass yourself

http:/ /www .sealaw. com/maritime-law-c...essed-boaters/

Quote:
    The IMO explicitly states this requirement in its International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea: “A master of a ship at sea, which is in a position to be able to provide assistance on receiving a signal from any source that persons are in distress at sea, is bound to proceed with all speed to their assistance.”

End Timberrrr quote.

The Irish Navy is not required to travel hundreds of kilometers in order to wait for distress calls.

That is what I said, and that is what you deliberately failed to comprehend.

It is you who is embarrassing himself.

The Irish Navy could come home and ignore the calls. That would be consistent with the law, and consistent with the purpose of the Irish Navy.

Anyhow taxi service has been done to death across several threads,

What departments should have a budget cut to fund these incoming 17 year olds

Yes, sorry for the off-topic chat. I got distracted.

The children from Calais shouldn't be coming. The money should be spent on Irish children instead.

275,000.00 per child. Ridic!

Zappone should be sent home with her tail between her legs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes, sorry for the off-topic chat. I got distracted.

The children from Calais shouldn't be coming. The money should be spent on Irish children instead.

275,000.00 per child. Ridic!

Zappone should be sent home with her tail between her legs.

Home to where? Shes an irish citizen

As for refugees, yes the Irish (many who were sick) were treated in centers on arrival in the US, many thousands are all over the world living illegally as "economic" immigrants but sure they're Irish so we won't talk about them ;)

So, the Navy didn't leave Irish waters, and travel to the Mediterranean with express orders to pick up migrants? News to me.

Were the Irish in the US - either historically, or currently - given refugee status, with associated benefits, or not?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Sure, if we were talking about economic migrants or asylum seekers. But we're not: we're talking about refugees.

Who's talking about refugees?
    I've already stated that I have no problem with genuine refugees, though I would expect them to integrate!

Did you read the link I posted?
    Here's the relevant section, again:
    More than half of the people now coming to Europe come from countries where you can assume they have no reason whatsoever to ask for refugee status... more than half, 60 per cent,” he told Dutch broadcaster NOS.

That information came from Frontex.

Zappone is only an Irish citizen since 1995. She looks older than 22 to me.

I would prefer if she practiced politics in her birth country.

How she got voted in I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Are you really comparing people ignoring the mass genocide of a single religion to the fact some people disagree with allowing millions Syrians who are safely living in camps in Jordan and Turkey moving to Europe for a better quality of life? Im sorry but there is no comparison there at all and to think so is ridiculous.

German let a lot of Turks in after the war to rebuild their country and it has turned out to be a disaster. Europeans are right to be concerned about allowing a massive group of a single nationality into one country as in most cases it has failed dramatically ie Turks in Germany, Algerians in France, Turks in Belgium, etc.

Zappone is only an Irish citizen since 1995. She looks older than 22 to me.

I would prefer if she practiced politics in her birth country.

How she got voted in I'll never know.

She got voted in because she's done more for people going back to education than several TDs over several years did ,

But let's not make this a rant about her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

oscarBravo wrote: »

Yes. Do you know the difference between those things and a refugee?

How do you distinguish between these terms? A refugee is a super broad term that is not specific at all.

newacc2015 wrote: »
    How do you distinguish between these terms? A refugee is a super broad term that is not specific at all.

Let's take multiple interviews with people newly arrived on boats where individuals say that they own property and businesss in their country of origin but fled (losslessly applied word) to make more money In the UK or EU now no threat to life ,no religious persecution or political persecution , fleeing from war or conflict .

Refugee or economic migrant

Gatling wrote: »
    Let's take multiple interviews with people newly arrived on boats where individuals say that they own property and businesss in their country of origin but fled (losslessly applied word) to make more money In the UK or EU now no threat to life ,no religious persecution or political persecution , fleeing from war or conflict .

Refugee or economic migrant

I'm in the UK at the moment and there are 6 Romanian lads working in my place who say the same thing, I know many Irish and indeed English people who went to USA, Canada, Australia etc for the same reason. Here's some breaking news for you, people will move to other countries for a better life.

I'm in the UK at the moment and there are 6 Romanian lads working in my place who say the same thing,

But not their not refugees

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Stheno wrote: »
    Home to where? Shes an irish citizen

That doesn't mean Ireland is her home.

Spirtually by her policy of wanting to spend €270k per year per migrant on her harem of 40 young 17 year old boys, this middle aged "lesbian" is trying to present a fait accompli , spending money that isn't hers, on people that we owe nothing to, who simply bullied their way to an illegal squat camp to try and scab a trip to the UK.

Her culture and upbringing is very alien to anyone who has actually been raised in Ireland to native Irish parents.

Me getting a Cork passport, and living there for a few years having moved from Galway, doesn't mean I am from Cork or ever will be.

Zappone is a blow in. It's time she blew back out again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement