Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Asalbeag

Sounds interesting, who is the local supplier and what type of floors/brands are we talking about?

Supplier is Matt Britton in Dundrum. Haven't got a qoute yet from them but should do tomorrow. Only have one quote for flooring yet so not sure what's good value. Thinking laminate downstairs and carperts elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmad

We found quote from Matt Britton very expensive. Was highest of all the quotes we got (got quotes from 4 places)t. Hopefully they will do you a good discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Asalbeag wrote: »
    Supplier is Matt Britton in Dundrum. Haven't got a qoute yet from them but should do tomorrow. Only have one quote for flooring yet so not sure what's good value. Thinking laminate downstairs and carperts elsewhere.

I would be very surprised if you got a better deal than from the Flooring Mill. We went to Carpetright in Sandyford and the quote was €1,000 dearer for the exact same floors and carpets. He's a small family run business and was great to deal with, would highly recommend you contact him for a quote

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know if there are any 4 beds (ideally Orchards) left in phase 1.5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muirgheasa

Anyone know if there are any 4 beds (ideally Orchards) left in phase 1.5 ?

There were a handful of Junipers left as of about a week ago. No Orchids, unless there were cancellations in the meantime. Phase 2 launching next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What's the traffic likely to be on the distributor road? Do you think buying a place looking on to this road will be noisy?

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

hmmm wrote: »
    What's the traffic likely to be on the distributor road? Do you think buying a place looking on to this road will be noisy?
    The Ballyogan Road? It'll be incredibly busy. It won't be quiet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Anyone have any idea when the apartments that they are currently building are likely to be launched? Is that part of phase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

awec wrote: »
    The Ballyogan Road? It'll be incredibly busy. It won't be quiet anyway.
    The Distributor Loop road is the one running through the whole estate and coming out onto the Ballyogan road (in two places). It's due to be completed this year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Hi guys

For anyone who has already bought houses, did you have any issue in getting flood insurance for your house? I've heard it's difficult now to get insurance for anything that's less than 200m from a body of water?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Is there another phase being launched or something, I seen a girl well wrapped up on a chair drinking coffee at the entrance this morning.. although, she was the only person there at 8am

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

selous wrote: »
    Is there another phase being launched or something, I seen a girl well wrapped up on a chair drinking coffee at the entrance this morning.. although, she was the only person there at 8am

Earlier posts think so

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

selous wrote: »

Extract from an email I got

"Limited Release of 3 & 4 Bedroom Houses

Viewing Times:
    Friday 23rd February 11.00am – 1.00pm
    Saturday 24th February 2.00pm – 4.00pm"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

hmmm wrote: »

Heavy and yes.

But you may get used to it

Just put down a deposit on a Fern. Due to be completed in July/August. Aghhhhh what have I done!😀😀😀😆

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

JDD wrote: »
    Just put down a deposit on a Fern. Due to be completed in July/August. Aghhhhh what have I done!😀😀😀😆

Was there many Ferns up for sale?

No queue this morning when I left and only a small one yesterday

7 ferns 3 elders. My brother queued very early Thursday morning and got a ticket for us around 8am. I think he said there quite a few cars by 6ish. All the 3 beds sold today.

7 ferns 3 elders. My brother queued very early Thursday morning and got a ticket for us around 8am. I think he said there quite a few cars by 6ish. All the 3 beds sold today.

Good stuff, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

what's the price for this phase?

Congrats!!

• Advertisement

eternal31 wrote: »
    what's the price for this phase?

€490k for a Fern, €495k for an Elder, and then I think €580k for the four bed orchid and €630k for the 4 bed juniper.

€490k for a Fern, €495k for an Elder, and then I think €580k for the four bed orchid and €630k for the 4 bed juniper.

Interesting, the fern was more expensive in the first phase so that's swapped around.

Any extra for side entrance or facing south?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Haidee_Hammond

congrats! :)

gstones wrote: »
    Interesting, the fern was more expensive in the first phase so that's swapped around.

Any extra for side entrance or facing south?

For reference, our phase (previous release) prices depended on if the house was mid terrace, end of terrace or semidetached, but not on the location because well, there weren't different orientations to choose from really (although it might affect the overall price), 3 beds previous release were 485 to 500 (cheapest was mid terrace Fern, most expensive semidetached Fern, elders were priced as an end of terrace Fern, even though they were semi, but orientation was worse).

The price list didn’t make any differentiation between end of terrace or orientation, though I’m sure there was had you asked. To be honest we couldn’t really afford anything over 500k so it was all moot to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shanedunne2000

Hi all,

Has anyone’s fire alarm / carbon monoxide alarm went off in their house yet? Ours did this evening, and I’m not sure what caused it. We had no appliances on and weren’t cooking. I reset the boiler in the kitchen, off and on, and then a few minutes later it stopped. I guess my question is has anyone’s alarm went off when a gas boiler reset was required?

And also should I be worried about carbon monoxide?

The alarm has remained off since resetting the boiler.

Shane

Hi all, would residents (current and new purchasers) be up for joining a private facebook page? Could be a great place to chat about concerns / queries. I could set one up if people fancied it and we could limited joining to Clay Farm dwellers :) Heard of some other developments having one in place for sharing info / suppliers and seemed to be useful.

That’s a great idea emmad- I’d be interested in joining that.

emmad wrote: »
    Hi all, would residents (current and new purchasers) be up for joining a private facebook page? Could be a great place to chat about concerns / queries. I could set one up if people fancied it and we could limited joining to Clay Farm dwellers :) Heard of some other developments having one in place for sharing info / suppliers and seemed to be useful.

Count me in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Asalbeag

emmad wrote: »

Great idea count me in. Where i am currently have a facebook group and its a great resource.

Advertisement