Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shanedunne2000

We snagged today, Jan 15. Park should be able to give you a date for snagging.

Sorry Jan 17th...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmad

Whereabouts is your house located Shane? How long ago did you return contracts?

We heard today from agent that snagging is being completed on Larkfield Place at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Asalbeag

We snagged today, Jan 15. Park should be able to give you a date for snagging.

Thanks Shane. We only signed contracts at the start of the month as we're in next phase 1B i think. Another few weeks until they'll be ready to snag.

Hi asalbeag, we are the same - Phase 1b. Have you heard from Park about snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Haidee_Hammond

emmad wrote: »
    Hi asalbeag, we are the same - Phase 1b. Have you heard from Park about snagging?

1B here too, I was told "definitely" May, but I am thinking June since some delay seems to be the norm.

PS. Larkfield Walk here

• Advertisement

Hi
    Haven't spoken to Park yet only Savills and looking at March which I'd say is fairly accurate as houses seem fairly advanced. We are on Larkfield Way.

Larkfield Way here too and Savills mentioned March to us too

emmad wrote: »
    Whereabouts is your house located Shane? How long ago did you return contracts?

We heard today from agent that snagging is being completed on Larkfield Place at the moment

Block on the left as you drive into estate, the yellow brick ones. Contracts sent back too.

Hi all, anyone who’s snagged or seen their house notice a tv point? We snagged earlier this week as I mentioned earlier in the board, but we didn’t notice an NTL or UPC or whatever TV point connection. Anyone any insight on this, should there be tv points?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

They are most likely wired behind a blank plate. Your service provider will fit the correct face plate.

• Advertisement

Yeah we saw the blank plates in the dining area in kitchen and also in sitting room

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Has anyone has broadband installed yet? What provider did you go with?

Save yourself the hassle and do not ring Eir. I set up an account with Eir and they sent a connection company out on Friday who advised that Eir have not set up a plant in the estate yet. By the way, this is nothing to do with the builder, the houses are ready to go for Eir but Eir have not yet run whatever cables they need too.

Speaking with customer care today and they said it could be 12+ months by the time Eir are ready in the estate. What are they taking orders for, in an estate that they don't service?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SouthKnight

maybe virgin media or siro

maybe virgin media or siro

Has anyone looked into the (supposedly) super fast siro thing? (is Vodafone the only provider for that?). We currently have virgin so that would be our default..

I see that digiweb are re-selling siro and have Clay Farm mentioned as coming soon. Maybe worth giving them a shout to see if there are any timelines.

Asalbeag wrote: »
    I see that digiweb are re-selling siro and have Clay Farm mentioned as coming soon. Maybe worth giving them a shout to see if there are any timelines.

Just checked their website, at €85 a month, you might be better off with vodafone right now (in case they offer it too there), as they have some current offer of 25 for 6 months (then another year for 90€).

Digiweb also have a €55 pm package for 350mbs which is more than enough.

True, also Virgin seems to have a 50€ same Mb and home phone (do people still use that?).

BTW, it would be great to hear from what people actually managed to get, no point on a good offer if they haven't connected yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

For the people who have moved in...

How's it all going so far? We're hoping to secure a three bed in Phase 2. We have three kids, so local schools are a big priority for us. Secondary school not so much, as with the Luas line there we have a few options open to us, more primary school at the moment. What about crèche's/childminders/montessoris? Are there any nearby? And most importantly, I've seen pictures of the Luas absolutely jam packed every morning from 7am. Can you actually get on a Luas at rush hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniel1987

I signed up for Sky broadband and sky TV, they still have to send an engineer out to sort the line out but they said it should be no bother as there is other residents in the estate already set up. Hopefully we will be in the house soon so will let you know if Sky is an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

JDD wrote: »
    How's it all going so far? We're hoping to secure a three bed in Phase 2. We have three kids, so local schools are a big priority for us. Secondary school not so much, as with the Luas line there we have a few options open to us, more primary school at the moment. What about crèche's/childminders/montessoris? Are there any nearby? And most importantly, I've seen pictures of the Luas absolutely jam packed every morning from 7am. Can you actually get on a Luas at rush hour?

Holy Trinity is a few minutes walk from CF and is an excellent school. There's a new Gaelscoile open down the road but I don't know much about it.

The Luas is wedged at the minute because someone goofed and the extra trams needed to open the extension to Broombridge didn't arrive in time so they reduced the number of trams operating from Bridges Glen and moved them to Broombridge instead. The new trams should be in operation from end of March so things will hopefully improve. The new trams will be a bit longer too so that will help even more.

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Daniel1987 wrote: »
    I signed up for Sky broadband and sky TV, they still have to send an engineer out to sort the line out but they said it should be no bother as there is other residents in the estate already set up. Hopefully we will be in the house soon so will let you know if Sky is an option.
    Hard to see how Sky could give you broadband if Eir cannot. They both use the same cables.

How are you getting Sky TV? Are you putting up a dish? In our contract conditions it mentioned something about dishes not being allowed to be put up

We have been to see 2 local creches (tigers childcare and Dimples) which both seem quite good and are within a few minutes walk from CF. They also do drop off / pick up from local primary schools and afterachool clubs - which is really convenient.

Daniel1987 wrote: »

Hi Daniel

I have Sky TV installed but just to let you know I doubt they will be able to provide the broadband as they run their service off the Eir network cables and I noted above, Eir won't be set up in the estate for a long time.

Sky TV is fine as it works off the satellite. The building contract says you cannot but it on the front or side of the houses so it will have to at the back, this may be difficult for some houses depending on the direction they face.

I signed up with DigiWeb, getting installed next week. If anyone is thinking of doing the same drop me a PM and we will both save €30 off 1 bill as it's the promotion they have running.

I rang Virgin yesterday and they could not locate some of the addresses in the estate so were advising that they had to send an engineer out to inspect the site but I believe this is now resolved and they should find your address if you ring them

For anyone that has moved into one of the Junipers is there wall panelling in the hall and along the stairs or was this only in the show house?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HannahK

For anyone currently living here - keep an eye on kids and pets at night. A big fox just strolled past me in the park :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

Rob01 wrote: »
    Has anyone has broadband installed yet? What provider did you go with?

Save yourself the hassle and do not ring Eir. I set up an account with Eir and they sent a connection company out on Friday who advised that Eir have not set up a plant in the estate yet. By the way, this is nothing to do with the builder, the houses are ready to go for Eir but Eir have not yet run whatever cables they need too.

Speaking with customer care today and they said it could be 12+ months by the time Eir are ready in the estate. What are they taking orders for, in an estate that they don't service?

Siro with Vodafone, they've given us a 4G router until they come to install it (Monday week) which is extremely fast given the proximity to the tower. You can sign up on the Vodafone shop in the Dundrum town centre.

Luas is fine to get on at any time going towards town, haven't had an issue there.

TV points are in an awkward spot by the windows but a good electrician will be able to move them for you.

All bathrooms come with tiled floors, as does the kitchen. Stairs aren't painted.

Quality of appliances is very good. Quality of fittings is variable, we had to replace every downlight as they were of poor quality, two blew in the first week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Do you have to put floors in? Apologies- I’m clueless about new builds. If you do, how much does it cost approximately?

Advertisement