Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Rob01 wrote: »
    Yes it is and yes they would have, it's all in the plans on their website and in the estate.

You hardly think they would build an apartment block in front of people's houses 2 months after they bought without having included it in plans beforehand?

Ballyogan Road is quite busy. What you might lose in natural light from the apartment block you'd gain in noise reduction. And the apartments do seem to be a little further away then say another row of houses would be, therefore you wouldn't be losing much more light than if you just had another row of houses in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jodski

Hi there, I'm looking at one of the 3-beds in the next phase (probably the Elder). From anyone that is already living in one of these, I'm just wondering how you find the storage? It seems very short on storage. I won't be able to view the showhouse for a while yet but just wondering is there much room for anything in the hotpress? Also, in the kitchen, I assume one of the upper units is entirely taken up with the cooker hood and is there also an upper unit taken with the gas boiler?
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Yes it is and yes they would have, it's all in the plans on their website and in the estate.

You hardly think they would build an apartment block in front of people's houses 2 months after they bought without having included it in plans beforehand?

Nothing surprises me with builders,
    Aren't they selling them as being in Leopardstown but they're in Sandyford.

(hope the buyers noticed them in the plans, I should have said, I suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Haidee_Hammond

According to An Post the address is Leopardstown, the luas stop just across is Leopardstown, but I didn't grow up in the area so I don't know how people would have referred to it (in the event that people had the need to refer to an empty plot of land that is!). Although I must admit I fail to understand why people are so picky about what street belong where.

PS. We are in a Fern type and although it is tight on the storage side of things (I kitchen and utility room are OK, closets and bathrooms are tight) you do have a lot of space for storage in the attic for the not often used stuff.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They definitely aren't in Sandyford.

They aren't really in Leopardstown either, they're in Ballyogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

selous wrote: »
    Nothing surprises me with builders,
    Aren't they selling them as being in Leopardstown but they're in Sandyford.

(hope the buyers noticed them in the plans, I should have said, I suppose)

Just think about what you were writing for a moment. You’re actually saying that a builder would put up a block of apartments directly in front of brand new houses only months after selling the houses, with the idea that the home buyer did not know.....

Never mind any of the logical stuff such as planning permission, surveys, Drawings, Architects, sites plans, building contracts, land registry and all that other stuff that would take years to plan. Nope we’ll just throw in this pop up block of apartments before anyone notices 🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

awec wrote: »

Think that Glencairn and other roads in the Gallops (Orby, etc...) northwest of the shopping centre are definitely Leopardstown/Leopardstown Valley in terms of area (wasn't there discussion about this previously? That the Gallops pre-dates the M50 and was always considered Leopardstown) and both Meadowfield and Kilgobbin Wood estates towards the top of the road are addressed 'Sandyford' despite being closer to Stepaside maybe.

What address do the Glenbourne roads use, would have thought Clay Farm would use the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Hey,

Just stumbled in here as I work beside this new estate. I wouldn't class it as Ballyogan. Its definitely a little bit away from Ballyogan closer to Sandyford tbh. Anything south of the Leopardstown SC(Dunnes) is Ballyogan. You know when you are then, you can see by the estate, you can tell when you are in Ballyogan. You know it....

This new estate runs parallel to the Leopardstown estate which is actually very nice. Its almost like the shopping center is a border between Ballyogan and Leopardstown.

Cheers,

awec wrote: »

Is Ballyogan not a residential estate as opposed to an area? Is the Gallops, Glencairn and Leopardstown Valley also Ballyogan then?

It could also be classed as Stepaside or maybe even Carrickmines.....but in reality, who cares? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Is Ballyogan not a residential estate as opposed to an area? Is the Gallops, Glencairn and Leopardstown Valley also Ballyogan then?

It could also be classed as Stepaside or maybe even Carrickmines.....but in reality, who cares? :)

The Gallops has always been Leopardstown. Look at a map and you'll see Leopardstown Valley, The Gallops, Leopardstown Heights, Leopardstown Park Hospital, The Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, Leopardstown Racecourse, Leopardstown Business Park, the Leopardstown roads up by the Lep Inn - all of them one contiguous area. As has been stated, these estates pre-dated the M50 so that can't be used as a border. The border outside the M50 would more accurately be the Leopardstown Road to the north, Kilgobbin Road and Ballyogan Road to the west, and Leopardstown Valley shopping centre to the south. Clay Farm might be extending it a bit but it's still contiguous. I'd say you could say that about 80% of people living in "Leopardstown" reside outside the M50.

I think Ballyogan is usually classified as Carrickmines, being closer to there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

It’s Kilgobbin/Murphystown, but Leopardstown as a general district. Ballyogan is definitely the area behind the shopping centre up to the carrickmines roundabout. The ordinance survey map going back to the early 20th century confirms this.

Ballyogan Road is the whole road top to bottom, which used to go to where castle view is on the Glenamuck road near the luas station, (before the M50 cut it off) the road is in two sections from the Carrickmines luas station to the ESB substation is Carrickmines, above the sub station is Sandyford,

The Gallops and Glenbourne are built on what was known as McGraths Gallops when it was fields and used to run steeple chases in there, it was part of Glencairn before it became the British embassy, It was all Sandyford,

But developers come, boundaries move.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

But developers come, boundaries move.

Boundaries are never definite things, they're just vague common understandings of an area. This whole debate about where Clay Farm is is daft.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just think about what you were writing for a moment. You’re actually saying that a builder would put up a block of apartments directly in front of brand new houses only months after selling the houses, with the idea that the home buyer did not know.....

Never mind any of the logical stuff such as planning permission, surveys, Drawings, Architects, sites plans, building contracts, land registry and all that other stuff that would take years to plan. Nope we’ll just throw in this pop up block of apartments before anyone notices 🀨

They actually did that in the development where I live :pac: there was meant to be a visitor parking area but they plonked a small block of apartments there. They were vacant for years because they couldn't be sold until the planning permission was sorted.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi,

May be of interest to residents in Clay Farm, our Electric broadband powered by Siro service is currently available to 53 homes in Clay Farm. We have received confirmation that a further 59 homes will be added to the network next week.

Thanks

This thread has gone very quiet, though I think the facebook group takes much of the new owner chat away from Boards. Anyone new who is thinking of buying the next phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

a lot of people waiting to see the apartments prices.
    the detached homes are really expensive.
    it will be interesting to see if everything goes sale agreed fast.

Ahhh, the apartments are in this phase are they?

Let's hope they don't sell half of them to Iris Reit or someone similar. I believe all of Fernbank, also built by Park Developments, got sold to a (albeit Irish based) pension fund recently.

How much are the detached homes?

JDD wrote: »
    Ahhh, the apartments are in this phase are they?

Let's hope they don't sell half of them to Iris Reit or someone similar. I believe all of Fernbank, also built by Park Developments, got sold to a (albeit Irish based) pension fund recently.
    i hope too they go for the private sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Jeez they have gone for a concrete render finish on the apartment blocks.

Can be prone to water staining if the guttering isnt 100% right

IMG-20180823-_WA0010.jpg

There are no detached homes from looking at the plans and site map.

Apartment prices were rumored to be around late €200’s for 1 beds and 2 beds starting around the high €300’s, although nothing confirmed.

There are no detached homes from looking at the plans and site map.

Apartment prices were rumored to be around late €200’s for 1 beds and 2 beds starting around the high €300’s, although nothing confirmed.
    Hope you're wrong. Very expensive

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Henbabani wrote: »
    They are literally right on top of the Luas, they will be very expensive.

Investors will be all over them.

Henbabani wrote: »

Those rough prices came from the estate agent by the way so they will not be far off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

IMG-20180823-_WA0010.jpg

That indian is 6kms from Clayfarm, weird choice I thought.

I'm sure they'll sell but high €300s for a 2-bed apartment outside the M50 is just crazy... I live in a small 3-bed in an estate at the top of the main road and 2-beds (dated for sure so much less attractive) in the estate are going for low €300s, up from high €100s in 2013. Can't imagine all of this will end well for people who buy at the top of the market when those thousands of apartments in Cherrywood (yes, further out but only 15 minutes or so) come on stream!

And I'm someone who doesn't think the market is going to crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Cherrywood's in the middle of nowhere, and will be a building site for ages. I consider Clay Farm to be a lot more attractive, and it has relatively quick & easy access to places like Carrickmines, Stepaside & Sandyford - particularly when the paths and greenways are completed.

I agree it is madness that apartments are costing this much, but unfortunately our planning policy has pushed apartment building to the outskirts. Meanwhile you can't build anything higher than a chicken coop in the city centre and are accused of ruining someone's view.

The rising rent prices are what is driving demand in my view. Builders can't seem to make a profit on building apartments at less than 300k, so that is driving up the base cost.

• Advertisement

I agree Clay Farm is FAR more attractive than Cherrywood (used to work out there). Just think when loads of less expensive (I imagine) Cherrywood apartments come on stream it will have to impact the Clay Farm apartments.

Advertisement