Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muirgheasa

emmad wrote: »
    Hi all, would residents (current and new purchasers) be up for joining a private facebook page? Could be a great place to chat about concerns / queries. I could set one up if people fancied it and we could limited joining to Clay Farm dwellers :) Heard of some other developments having one in place for sharing info / suppliers and seemed to be useful.

Yes, count me in. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

Hi all, would residents (current and new purchasers) be up for joining a private facebook page? Could be a great place to chat about concerns / queries. I could set one up if people fancied it and we could limited joining to Clay Farm dwellers :) Heard of some other developments having one in place for sharing info / suppliers and seemed to be useful.

Definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HannahK

That's a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

Count me in. BTW, how do I join it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmad

Ok perfect guys - let me set something up and I can share the details. Leave it with me! :)

• Advertisement

Hi all, so I have set-up a private facebook group and it is called:
    "Clay Farm-ers" :D

But I wanted to check peoples opinions before I accept members to the group.

I know from other groups that I was a member of that we had to validate who we were - and so I was thinking we should perhaps do the same thing to ensure the group is for residents only.

I was going to propose that each person requesting to join the group, send on something to show they have purchased a house. I was thinking perhaps a photo of the letter from Park Developments saying congratulations on purchase..... and with the owners current address and the number of the property in Clay Farm blurred/blacked out. So all you can see is name and road of purchased property (e.g. Larkfield Way, Larkfield Close).

Or another option is I can put on a "Pending member question" and people need to confirm their Clay Farm address. But this wouldn't be as concrete as the Park Developments letter.

What do you think? I will go with concensus on this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

Think the latter is better myself! Wouldn't know where that letter is anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ged81

Ok perfect guys - let me set something up and I can share the details. Leave it with me! :)

Great idea. Would be very useful. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shanedunne2000

gstones wrote: »
    Think the latter is better myself! Wouldn't know where that letter is anymore

Same here, we don’t have that letter either anymore. Probably best just reveal address to pending membership question.

Same here, we don’t have that letter either anymore. Probably best just reveal address to pending membership question.

Cool - question added! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 shanedunne2000

Cool - question added! :)

Great, and there can be two people from each address, or more I guess, but not necessarily just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Haidee_Hammond

Great, and there can be two people from each address, or more I guess, but not necessarily just one.

If you do that does not prevent strangers any more :P (not like it even occurred to me a stranger might want to join), but if your address has already been used you can say by who, that kind of proves at least you know each other XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Can people who’ve paid a booking deposit join? Our contracts haven’t even been posted out yet. I’m not sure I have anything to prove we booked a house, except I know the address!

JDD wrote: »
    Can people who’ve paid a booking deposit join? Our contracts haven’t even been posted out yet. I’m not sure I have anything to prove we booked a house, except I know the address!

Sure, just give the adddress when joining. Ill reach out to anyone who has given an address that gets used more than once/twice! :)

A few people requested and didnt give an address so I wont add them unless they do. It will be better for everyone to feel comfortable that it is just residents I think

Did any of you had any luck getting anything modified in the house? I wanted a couple of small things (extra socket, skirting to be left unfitted, and an extra row of tiles in the garden) and so far I have failed miserably (I was given a couple phone numbers by savills, one didn't reply at all, the other one replied once after a couple times and never got back to me after that). Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Asalbeag

Did any of you had any luck getting anything modified in the house? I wanted a couple of small things (extra socket, skirting to be left unfitted, and an extra row of tiles in the garden) and so far I have failed miserably (I was given a couple phone numbers by savills, one didn't reply at all, the other one replied once after a couple times and never got back to me after that). Thanks!

Also wanted some electrical work and ward robe work but by the time i got the contacts alot of the house was already finished and difficult to make any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

That would of been something you would of needed to request either before signing the contract or at snagging stage. Once you've moved in it is unlikely a builder would accommodate cosmetic changes.

I requested the skirting not to be fully tacked on but was told by Parks that this is something they cannot do, for their own snagging process they always fully fit the skirting. Unfortunately for someone fitting wooden/laminate floors you are then left with holes in the skirting if you want the laminates to finish under the skirting

I will say though, that we had some minor repair issues needed such as plumbing and patch work on the ceiling after we moved in and the lads were excellent and very accommodating at getting these resolved

Rob01 wrote: »
    That would of been something you would of needed to request either before signing the contract or at snagging stage. Once you've moved in it is unlikely a builder would accommodate cosmetic changes.

I requested the skirting not to be fully tacked on but was told by Parks that this is something they cannot do, for their own snagging process they always fully fit the skirting. Unfortunately for someone fitting wooden/laminate floors you are then left with holes in the skirting if you want the laminates to finish under the skirting

I will say though, that we had some minor repair issues needed such as plumbing and patch work on the ceiling after we moved in and the lads were excellent and very accommodating at getting these resolved

I asked before signing and I was told nothing could be done before signing, I haven't done my snag yet, I wanted to get a couple things done before they had to " undone " (like adding an extra socket before plastering the walls), but haven't managed so far, I was thinking at this point only on getting an extra row of garden tiles, if possible, but I am not getting any answers on the phone I was given. Maybe during the snag? Thanks anyway!

I asked before signing and I was told nothing could be done before signing, I haven't done my snag yet, I wanted to get a couple things done before they had to " undone " (like adding an extra socket before plastering the walls), but haven't managed so far, I was thinking at this point only on getting an extra row of garden tiles, if possible, but I am not getting any answers on the phone I was given. Maybe during the snag? Thanks anyway!

Have you tried speaking with the Park Developments head office? there are 2 ladies who deal with Clay Farm and are great to deal with. Tell them you want to speak with the foreman or the snagger. The earlier the better as it is unlikely they will add anything at snagging stage, they will only fix things then

Have you tried speaking with the Park Developments head office? there are 2 ladies who deal with Clay Farm and are great to deal with. Tell them you want to speak with the foreman or the snagger. The earlier the better as it is unlikely they will add anything at snagging stage, they will only fix things then

Have not but will try, thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 SouthKnight

Hi all, for people who have moved in, how is the sound insulation of the house? Can you hear any sound from your neighbor, such as TV, speaker, closing door, cupboard or wardrobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShadesofDream

Hi guys,
    We have put deposit for a 3-bed in phase 1B. We heard that the houses of this phase are waiting for electricity supply (underground cable from ESB) to get ready for being snagged. Does anyone else know about this issue?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Hi guys, We have put deposit for a 3-bed in phase 1B. We heard that the houses of this phase are waiting for electricity supply (underground cable from ESB) to get ready for being snagged. Does anyone else know about this issue? Thanks

Why would this be an issue? Seems like a normal part of construction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hi guys,
    We have put deposit for a 3-bed in phase 1B. We heard that the houses of this phase are waiting for electricity supply (underground cable from ESB) to get ready for being snagged. Does anyone else know about this issue?
    Thanks

Houses cant be test/commissioned without electricity. ESB can be slow to act.

godtabh wrote: »
    Houses cant be test/commissioned without electricity. ESB can be slow to act.

In my experience they're quite fast once everything is ready to go. Delays are frequently on the developer side. What date were you given for practical completion. The ESB side of things possibly only takes a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    In my experience they're quite fast once everything is ready to go. Delays are frequently on the developer side. What date were you given for practical completion. The ESB side of things possibly only takes a couple of days.

ESB has gotten quite strict in recent years with certifying fuseboards and hooking them up.

ESB has gotten quite strict in recent years with certifying fuseboards and hooking them up.

That's what I mean by them being quite fast once everything's in order. If you use the correct substations,boxes, boards, ducting etc. then they're very fast. All they have to do is run the cables and the connection to the board.

Hi all, for people who have moved in, how is the sound insulation of the house? Can you hear any sound from your neighbor, such as TV, speaker, closing door, cupboard or wardrobe?

Have you moved in? what sort of issues are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SouthKnight

Have you moved in? what sort of issues are you having?

no, people say new house have better sound insulation. Just wondering how good they are, especially for mid-terraced. I rented an old house. The sound insulation is not very good.

• Advertisement

no, people say new house have better sound insulation. Just wondering how good they are, especially for mid-terraced. I rented an old house. The sound insulation is not very good.
    I live in a timber frame and I would say unless they have taken specific measures to sound proof the houses then you can expect noise. Especially if your neighbours have wooden floors. It is not regulation so there is no reason to expect they have sound proofed the houses. Hopefully you will get lucky and have considerate neighbours!

Advertisement