Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

dmcsweeney wrote:
    Hi all, been following these treads as a guest with a few years and finally decided to join in! I'm at 186m asl between Macroom and Ballyvourney, am I correct in assuming that we should see some cover tomorrow evening?

I'm also in Macroom...Hoping tomorrow afternoon we will see some cover...I'm traveling to Wexford in the morning but I'll get updates from hubby & kids. I'm going mad to be missing it!! Last year we went up Mushera with the kids and we had a ball. So much snow if was fantastic. Hopefully we will get up there Friday / Saturday again.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

M4 Buoy is reporting a Dew point of 4.1C

Starting to get there. Should be Well below zero before midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭kingshankly

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Just watched the 1.30 weather why do they find it so hard to say snow? They love the sleet word tho

Proba Cause it's unlikely we get some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Lots of lightning activity being forecast and emphasised on the charts after the 1 news in the north and west,

Thunder snow no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Right bang at sea level on the beach here, just south of Donegal town. Gusting 63kmph, temp 7.8 with a wind chill of -4.3.

Haven't seen snow since 2010 so almost having a conniption here at the minute. At the very least the Bluestacks should look pretty tomorrow and some actual snow will only be a short distance away!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

pedigree 6 wrote:
    Donegal. 5.30pm this evening.

Just when you're leaving work or home and dry 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Just watched the 1.30 weather why do they find it so hard to say snow? They love the sleet word tho

They tend to be right more than not. It's not a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

They tend to be right more than not. It's not a conspiracy.

Ok so everyone here is wrong so 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 67,026 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What did RTE forecast?

What did RTE forecast?

Usual wintry showers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Lots of lightning activity being forecast and emphasised on the charts after the 1 news in the north and west,

Thunder snow no doubt.

That's the associated activity from that predicted incoming low pressure.

Gfs were giving it going to Scotland this morning. ECM had it coming into Donegal and then on a trajectory down to Waterford. It's on the south western flank of this that there could be some interesting wind features and possible squall lines but with snow not rain. So maybe they have the track nailed down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just got quite dark all of a sudden in Sligo. Could this be a sign?

No..It was a dark cloud :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

M4 Buoy is reporting a Dew point of 4.1C

Starting to get there. Should be Well below zero before midnight.

What's the swell height on the M4 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Knock down to 5C

What's the swell height on the M4 ?
    8.6 metres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

aisling86 wrote: »
    I'm also in Macroom...Hoping tomorrow afternoon we will see some cover...I'm traveling to Wexford in the morning but I'll get updates from hubby & kids. I'm going mad to be missing it!! Last year we went up Mushera with the kids and we had a ball. So much snow if was fantastic. Hopefully we will get up there Friday / Saturday again.

Mushera! Yes that will have drifts by Friday morning I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Not got a clue about the weather but its went helluva dull here in North Dublin either going to whore it with rain

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Knock down to 5C

4c at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

the majority of ireland is covered in back roads. 1 shower of snow effectively and it causes havoc. how many back roads will be gritted. pretty much ZERO. Thus the country grinds to a halt. Apart from Dublin who hardly ever get snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    the majority of ireland is covered in back roads. 1 shower of snow effectively and it causes havoc. how many back roads will be gritted. pretty much ZERO. Thus the country grinds to a halt. Apart from Dublin who hardly ever get snow.

But we all bloody hear about if they do!

:D:p

Think the gritters did though go as far as the entrance to my estate last time they were required thankfully

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Any signs of organised bands of precip coming down instead of a few decaying showers we usually get from the NW? I feel it's the only chance the south east will have.

I am sure the Castlecomer plateau will get snow, along with the Slieveardagh hills.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    But we all bloody hear about if they do!

:D:p

oh ya its a national day of mourning. we always get the worst of it here in the west and in my region your more likely to see a spaceship that a gritter anywhere close to a secondary road. snow mobiles is what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Is there any chances of snow heading to Dublin tonight or tomorrow I'm guessing driving will be okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Is there any chances of snow heading to Dublin tonight or tomorrow I'm guessing driving will be okay?

Tomorrow afternoon. All depends how quick the showers can make it down this far. The more intense they are the more likely they'll fall as snow.

M4 Buoy 3.6C Half a Degree C in an Hour.

You can see where this is going fast to negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We're just outside of Dundalk in Louth, about 250m elevation. What's the chances we see any snow? We're on quite a steep hill and this will be our first winter here and I'm a little apprehensive about driving up or down it if it's snowy or icy!

We're just outside of Dundalk in Louth, about 250m elevation. What's the chances we see any snow? We're on quite a steep hill and this will be our first winter here and I'm a little apprehensive about driving up or down it if it's snowy or icy!

It's a west event u should be sound 😊

ha awwwwh thats so cute. you should visit lapland over here in the west when it snows. if you can't drive up snowy hills here you starve. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement