Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

NuMarvel wrote: »
    Monthly sports pass now €29 per month for 3 months. Offer available until end of March. More info here.

I just cancelled my sports pass last week, first time I had it ( Christmas present, 50 Euro a month ), obviously 29 a month is much better, but just wondering if that's the best offer they do, or have they had better offers in the past ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

galtee boy wrote: »
    I just cancelled my sports pass last week, first time I had it ( Christmas present, 50 Euro a month ), obviously 29 a month is much better, but just wondering if that's the best offer they do, or have they had better offers in the past ?

As far as I know, this is the first time they've had an offer on the sports passes. From what I can remember, the offers up until now have been for TV or movies.

I'm not a sports fan though, so they may have had a better offer that I didn't notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

50 quid a month for their sports pack must not be getting many subs.

Overpriced massively.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It’s the only way of getting Sky Sports without also taking out a basic pay-TV (which gets worse and worse value, these days you are literally paying for Sky One) subscription. So they don’t want to make it too attractive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

29's a decent price. I bought the box and a sports pass for 50 last month and probably would have renewed at 50 per month for the remainder of the football season as it's so much easier/ better quality than streams which I've generally used last year or two. Will defo renew at 29 p/m. As an aside the 4player app on the now tv box is fantastic. One small ad before each show, and an enormous back catalogue of programmes.

• Advertisement

29's a decent price. I bought the box and a sports pass for 50 last month and probably would have renewed at 50 per month for the remainder of the football season as it's so much easier/ better quality than streams which I've generally used last year or two. Will defo renew at 29 p/m. As an aside the 4player app on the now tv box is fantastic. One small ad before each show, and an enormous back catalogue of programmes.

I think 29 a month for all the sports channels is as good as they'll offer, as previously mentioned, if they make it any cheaper, why would people bother with satellite.

The 29 a month is for new customers only 😥😥😥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Schwanz wrote:
    Netflix app incoming[/quote

Any idea when this will happen

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Schwanz wrote:
    Netflix app incoming[/quote

Any idea when this will happen

"Later in the year"

Not much info to be fair as of yet but a very welcomed addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Only the Now TV 'smart box' (which is not on sale in Ireland) has a terrestrial TV tuner and this can receive Saorview signals. It is coded only for UK Freeview and so the Saorview channels are not ordered properly and cannot be manually re-ordered.

The smaller box which is on sale here has no capacity to receive terrestrial signals.

I've got the Smart TV box. I will also have an LG TV (32LN540V) which as far as I am aware has the DVB-T (MPEG4) tuner. I have aerial and satellite feed into the apartment.

Living in Belfast - I hope there is a way through all these to get RTE. Your post implies that the NOWTV Smart box can get these signals, but they will be located in strange channel numbers, correct?

No, not in Belfast - you’ll be able to get RTE1, RTE2, and TG4 on their “normal” Freeview channel numbers (51-53, I think?).

The weird channel numbers (usually 801+) applies to someone trying to use the Smart Box to recieve Saorview. Being in Belfast, you should be able to get RTE on Freeview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

As the aerial feed is a bit patchy is there any back up that I can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

The price for the TV and Movie passes seems to have dropped to €12, going by the prices on the website. Though when I look at the passes in my account, it still says they'll renew at €15. I presume I'd get the lower price if I cancel and get a new pass when the current one has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

galtee boy wrote: »
    The 29 a month is for new customers only ������

I had this offer back in november, had no issues getting it a second time

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

NuMarvel wrote: »
    The price for the TV and Movie passes seems to have dropped to €12, going by the prices on the website. Though when I look at the passes in my account, it still says they'll renew at €15. I presume I'd get the lower price if I cancel and get a new pass when the current one has expired?

Alas both showing 15 again, 12 was moving in the right direction but they are still beyond delusional if they think the Ent & Movies combined are worth 30 quid vs Netflix @ 11 quid. Their proposed partnership with Netflix will merely serve to further highlight the complete gouging that is their Irish pricing model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Has NOVTV conformed it will be available  when you travel EU wide come 1 April - portability regulation

No, nobody has. We talked about it elsewhere, it won’t make Now TV available EU wide. What it should do is let Now TV users who are permanently resident in the UK or Ireland access the service when on holiday or a (short) business trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Yes, that is what I intended to say. Interestingly it should apply from 20 March according to the Regulation. 
    The Regulation is not entirely clear including the recitals on what is 'temporary' although the criteria for residency are more so.

• Advertisement

Chromecast now usable with NowTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephend2000

Does the Now tv stick work in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭SomeDude

And will they be selling the stick in Ireland? It’s much tidier than the box.

SomeDude wrote: »
    And will they be selling the stick in Ireland? It’s much tidier than the box.

The Now TV Stick is equipped with the UK software and won't work here

Schwanz wrote: »
    The Now TV Stick is equipped with the UK software and won't work here

Do you know if they intend to sell an Irish version of the stick here soon?

SomeDude wrote: »
    Do you know if they intend to sell an Irish version of the stick here soon?

Haven't seen anything in regards to that no mate

Anybody have any idea if they’ll be launching it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

as from the start of april you can roam in Europe with your uk box so I tried it out and ITV Encore (I know it closes next week) can be viewed
    However the on demand bbc iplayer, itv hub an demand 5 do not work outside the uk

In addition you cannot buy passes if you are outside the uk

you are limited the 30 days roaming in one go

Any idea if the Now TV stick will be offered for sale in Ireland?

• Advertisement

SomeDude, that’s the third time you’ve asked. No one except Sky knows for certain. 48 hour ban next time you ask

Advertisement