Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I see new offers on the uk site

the passes are available on their own rather than the original offer which bundled entertainment and movies together

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

kooga wrote: »
    I see new offers on the uk site

the passes are available on their own rather than the original offer which bundled entertainment and movies together

under Black Friday? All new customer offers as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

FRIENDO wrote: »
    It was a fluke, I had cancelled now tv a while back, just clicked on the entertainment boxsets as I wanted to subscribe again through my roko now tv box.
    Was just given this offer for three months.

I currently have a pass, so it's probably available to existing customers who don't have an active pass. I imagine that cancelling my pass won't make a difference because it's valid until 1st December, i.e. after the closure date of the offer.

I can't complain too much. This is the first month I've paid for the pass since getting the box back in June.

just to clarify if you type in now tv uk black Friday deals - the deals that come up are for new customers

the only deal for existing is the combined entertainment and cinema pass for a year at £99

I went onto live chat to enquire was there any other deals for existing customers - and to clarify

as I don't have the cinema or sports pass I could get those passes in a black Friday deal

in addition I was offered 4 months cinema at £4.99 pm
    4 months entertainment for £3.49 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

Just noticed the sci fi channel was added today, both live TV and catch up, pretty nice addition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

That is a great addition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Had a problem

I got the Black Friday three month Entertainment pack for 7.50 per month.

However I only got one month for 7.50 and was charged 15Euro today for the second month.

After contact with the online chat, and telling my story I got a 15Euro voucher for next month.
    This basically evens things up in what I would spend over the three months deal.

A little disappointed with Now Tv over this misleading offer I signed upto, glad I had my eye on my bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Have noticed True Detective and Band of Brothers added recently. Good additions just as I was about to cancel.....

There was an Android update last night, chromecast support has landed at last

Belt wrote: »
    Have noticed True Detective and Band of Brothers added recently. Good additions just as I was about to cancel.....

well worth catching the two seasons of Babylon Berlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I've noticed on the spec of the NowTV box, that it outputs in both 720p and 1080p, but what do the actual live channels output at ? Especially the sports channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

galtee boy wrote: »
    I've noticed on the spec of the NowTV box, that it outputs in both 720p and 1080p, but what do the actual live channels output at ? Especially the sports channels.

Schwanz wrote: »

Thanks, but what's the 1080p for so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

How does this work if you already have a Sky box?

I want to get the movie package. I have a Panasonic Smart tv, do I need to buy the NOW TV box?

galtee boy wrote: »
    Thanks, but what's the 1080p for so ?

The box is capable of it but they don't use it bizarrely

cc wrote: »
    There was an Android update last night, chromecast support has landed at last

Is the chrome cast only supported on Android ? I can’t get it to work on iOS ( iPad ), but it works fine from my Android phone.

eviltwin wrote: »
    How does this work if you already have a Sky box?

I want to get the movie package. I have a Panasonic Smart tv, do I need to buy the NOW TV box?

It's not available on Panasonic TVs, just these devices, including the Now TV box.

One good thing is that the box is currently €24 in Currys (usually €40) and comes with a 2 month pass for Cinema or Entertainment. Plus, as a new customer you'd be eligible for the 2 months half price offer as well, if you buy a pass before 5th January.

I don't have an IOS device so can't try but I don't see why they would block it, maybe it will arrive on the next app update

I think Now TV are looking are adding a Kids Pass feature to the Irish service (the UK service already has one).

I got an email earlier inviting me to participate in a trial that would be perfect if I "have children and a keen eye for detail" and tells me:
    If you decide to join this trial, then we’d like you to use the new feature with your children as much as possible, and let us know about any feedback you or your children have. In the unlikely event that something isn’t quite right, then we’d like to know about that too. We’ll also send you the odd survey and poll to find out about your experience.

So, if you have children and are interested in helping us out, then please press the button below to register your interest.

I don't have kids, but I'm basically a big kid, so that kinda counts, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Thinking of picking up one of the monthly Sky Sports passes + box for 50. Anyone know what the quality of the streams are like? I've great broadband with Virgin and have no bother streaming Netflix or kodi streams etc in HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Schwanz wrote: »
    The box is capable of it but they don't use it bizarrely

Could that be because most broadband services in Ireland are not good enough, to carry a satisfactory service at 1080 ?

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Could that be because most broadband services in Ireland are not good enough, to carry a satisfactory service at 1080 ?

Nope, they don't do it in the UK either.

I think it's more that they fear cannibalizing their Sat subscriptions if the NowTV offering looks as good with no contract involved.

Although there's a few threads on Digital spy saying that sky are looking at add full HD 'packages' to NowTV this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

cc wrote: »
    I think it's more that they fear cannibalizing their Sat subscriptions if the NowTV offering looks as good with no contract involved.

Although there's a few threads on Digital spy saying that sky are looking at add full HD 'packages' to NowTV this year.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/now-tv-upgrades-streaming-quality.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I searched the thread for RTE, but no hits.

Does NowTV have RTE on its channel list?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It doesn’t carry any linear PSB channels in either the U.K. or Ireland.

The idea is that you take it on top of a free to air service.

If you lived in NI and had the smart now tv box you will get the freeview channels if connected to an aerial and if you were in an area with Saorview overspill you could pick up rte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Ah - so the NowTV box has the correct tuner to obtain RTE via terrestrial aerial from Black Mountain transmitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ah - so the NowTV box has the correct tuner to obtain RTE via terrestrial aerial from Black Mountain transmitter?

Only the Now TV 'smart box' (which is not on sale in Ireland) has a terrestrial TV tuner and this can receive Saorview signals. It is coded only for UK Freeview and so the Saorview channels are not ordered properly and cannot be manually re-ordered.

The smaller box which is on sale here has no capacity to receive terrestrial signals.

So if it looks like this, then no RTE:

NOW%20TV%20HD%20Smart%20TV%20Box%20-%20Entertainment%20Bundle.jpg

• Advertisement

Monthly sports pass now €29 per month for 3 months. Offer available until end of March. More info here.

Advertisement