Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car plans for 2017.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭blackbox

I bought a luxobarge (04 LS430) just before Christmas. Haven't taxed it yet.

It needs a bit of work on the sound system (multiple speakers blown) and may put in an aux connection. Then I will transfer the insurance from the MR2. If I decide to keep it I will probably insure it separately as I don't want to give up the MR2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

blackbox wrote: »
    I bought a luxobarge (04 LS430) just before Christmas. Haven't taxed it yet.

It needs a bit of work on the sound system (multiple speakers blown) and may put in an aux connection. Then I will transfer the insurance from the MR2. If I decide to keep it I will probably insure it separately as I don't want to give up the MR2.

Which jogs my memory, I remember seeing an 04 LS430 with reg 04 LS 430 around 6/7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Mid year update...? :confused::p

As I'm focusing on some important things at the moment, I did manage to get some of the list seen to... He lied! :o

Zero to f*ck all has been done. Other priorities

Since that list was made though I have bought/acquired 3 more cars that I'm focusing on (C220 and 2 others I'm not going to reveal.... Yet)

The C220 has had a lot of work done that I generally didn't talk much about on here (injector washers, new shocks, springs, balljoints, drag link, wheel bearings, handbrake mechanism, indicator lenses, headlamps, mirror, various niggly bits of interior including welding floorpans, the "Big Tom" grille) and much more I can't be arsed to remember. I bought it in late January and have 15k miles up since. Such a nice car to drive :)

I have a mini list for it as I have the car mostly mechanically sound:
    • W210 brakes all round
    • Refurb W210 sports I have sitting round
    • New steering wheel
    • New tyres
    • Decat
    • GT22V install

Bodywork is flappy in places, like me :) and I couldn't be arsed sorting that as the car is meant to be driven, not idolized

I had considered other interesting adjustments but I haven't the resources to do so

It's finding the time to do all this stuff....

Right... Some of that list was completed!
    • 300TD brakes fitted all round
    • 210 sports were made a pigs ear of, I'll need to fix someone elses mess before I can use them (deja vu :rolleyes:)
    • Still no wheel
    • New tyres on New wheels on New Years eve. NEW NEW NEW
    • Decatted (better reading on the smoke test on the NCT!)
    • GT22V is being trialed on the test C220. It works but I have other aspects to look at for reliability (air flow, injectors, pipework etc) before I install on my daily driver

So that's just the red C220... The test C220 needs to be pensioned off to some unlucky arsehole for slab work a good home (for any twits waiting to have a pop that can't understand sarcasm, it's a rough but running car not fit for the road any more and will be sold on as such)

Big Tom... Is this the year it gets it's 3.0 engine? I've had too many setbacks in the past!

300ZX TT
    • Fit manual box/clutch etc
    • Change colour
    • Possible intercoolers upgrade...? (I have a matching pair, it's just if I'm arsed to fit them...)
    • New wheels... Maybe

E34... Make a start on overhauling all the perished rubber components? :o

I can't think of any other ongoing projects of mine... Car related anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Caldina:

Brake upgrade, from 2pot to 4pot on front and single to 2 pot on rear, bigger discs, good pads & braided lines all round. Msc stopper & high temp fluid. Should then be able to make the fat shíte slow down a bit better.

Also want to get a thicker rear anti roll bar, fix the aircon, fit a bigger fuel pump & finish off the straight pipe setup!

190e:
    Nothing major, just get it through the test & maintain it. Maybe get some fat ass gangster wheels for the lolz.

Curren:
    Pay for it and pick it up, take the grinder to it to maximise weight loss, put on good tyres & drive the snot out of it on as many track days as i can get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I must try and get my hands on an unusual kit car or exoskeleton type car this year. Definitely don't feel like waiting till my mid life crisis for it. That would be too stereotypical altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Work colleague has a 01 yaris with savage miles on it, clutch has been going for 3 years but it still won't stop. Brilliant little car.
    You couldn't kill them old Yaris, they are like rats if you dropped one from a skyscraper it would still survive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I've a 07 mazda 6 1.8 petrol, coming up to 260 km on the clock and still going strong :) Never gave an ounce of trouble other than the usual wear and tear. I used to tax it for a full year but the last 2 years I only tax it 6 monthly just in case it goes bang. I've heard of similar cars with 400km on the clock and still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm hanging on to my '09 Fiesta Titanium. I got it towards the end of last February, and have only done around 9,000km (just over 61,000 on the clock now). It's running very well, and I'm happy with it. The NCT is due in July, so that will really be the only thing that I have to prepare for.

I'll be intrigued to see what the new model will be like in the metal. From the photos, it doesn't look too dissimilar to the current model, bar, perhaps the boot. The interior is the one thing that I'm not too sure of. The Vignale version is the one I'd be most interested in. I'd still love an ST, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Very tempted by some of the PCP offerings, and there's a lot of nice metal out there to get excited over, but I think I'll be hanging onto my 03 B5 Passat.

Have had it since new, have just hit 223K miles and aside from routine servicing every 10K miles, it hasn't given me any trouble in 14 years - really well-built and not surprised to see a lot of 99 to 04 plated versions every day on the roads.

Advertisement