Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Striking Out [RTÉ1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wouldn't be too sad if I missed the next three episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Jezz I would be disappointed if I did miss the next three episodes. That was very good. I enjoyed that and will watch next week
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The Cuban wrote: »
    Jezz I would be disappointed if I did miss the next three episodes. That was very good. I enjoyed that and will watch next week
    :p

Good for you Amy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

I just can't feel sorry for her when she has two massive homes in most expensive part of Ireland, sorry RTÉ, should probably have an advisory for househunters before the programme starts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Rip off of Suits. Lawyer gives upstart a job... Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

really couldn't get into this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

And why does she have her wedding dress hanging up in the home she shares with her future husband?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

The mother, what a wretched creation holy God!
    And it seems D4 accents of the professional class no longer dereguer being replaced with even more annoying English accents... why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

It can't always be working class estates with ponys. Most movies show their cities at their best, unless it's a deliberate gritty drama.

you only Addressed one side of my criticism. The southside thing is just as legitamite Some of the D4s are cliche. The show is designed to be generic to appeal to an international audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Weird acting lacking in emotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

So what has Daddy been up to
    "He was no angel!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Could have done with more exposition and fleshing out of characters before jumping into the cheating bit which itself was pretty meaningless. Script and acting equally at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I haven't watched this so I've no idea if it's a steaming turd or a real gem.

However, why do RTE insist on making Amy Huberman a thing we're all rallying around? I'm sure she's lovely and all, but when I've seen her in comedy I haven't found her funny, when I've seen her in comedy dramas I've found her neither funny nor a good actress. Having seen her in drama I've not changed my mind. Who is backing her as a must for these projects?

Having seen the ad it smacks of the "she's a high powered executive in the city, lets follow her trials and tribulations". It's such a cliche at this stage. Much like the dirge that was Can't Cope, Won't Cope it looks like another RTE effort which is about 10-15 years too late to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Always prepared to give new homegrown drama a shot, but this was terrible. Wooden acting and a poor script undermine the whole thing and the premise feels like it was ripped off from The Good Wife.

After the highs of Love/Hate RTE have now struck out with their last 3 drama series - Clean Break, Rebellion and tonight's effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Those star earrings Amy wore throughout are from her Newbridge range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Sorry folks but this is Mrs BOD you are talking about. Drick. Dricko. Briano. The Drickmeister General. The Number 13 to end all Number 13.
    BOD ffs !
    So cut out the blasphemy now.
    God, this country owes that man so much, and it seems many of you arent even fit to be display a minimum of respect to his wife. Shame on you. Shame on you all.
    Mr. O'Driscoll, Amy was super. Great drama. Great acting. Loved it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I hope the creators of the good wife are ready to sue for copyright infringement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

just watched it on plus

fair city is better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Icsics wrote: »
    Those star earrings Amy wore throughout are from her Newbridge range
    I did wonder about that, and the pearl chain as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I liked it just fine. I like Amy Huberman (BOD or no BOD), and I was looking forward to this. I wasn't disappointed. I'm willing to be entertained. I hope it gets good numbers and lasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭thestar

It was good tonight. Typical boards with a negative response to everything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

They nearly always have a token English character in RTE dramas, probably to try and sell it to a potential UK audience.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Sorry folks but this is Mrs BOD you are talking about. Drick. Dricko. Briano. The Drickmeister General. The Number 13 to end all Number 13.
    BOD ffs !
    So cut out the blasphemy now.
    God, this country owes that man so much, and it seems many of you arent even fit to be display a minimum of respect to his wife. Shame on you. Shame on you all.
    Mr. O'Driscoll, Amy was super. Great drama. Great acting. Loved it.

Hello Brian O Driscoll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Whats all this bollocks about international markets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

madmaggie wrote: »
    Icsics wrote: »
    Those star earrings Amy wore throughout are from her Newbridge range[/quote
    I did wonder about that, and the pearl chain as well.

What? In which scene was she sporting a pearl necklace?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hello Brian O Driscoll.

Nah, I think it's Ryle Nugent.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

Absolute tripe from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭fits

I enjoyed it too! It's getting slated here though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

fits wrote: »

It's sure to pick up a few IFTAs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hitchens wrote: »
    fits wrote: »

It's sure to pick up a few IFTAs ;)
    Indeed, but a tricolour turd served on an RTÉ plate would pick up an IFTA.

Advertisement