Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Striking Out [RTÉ1]

Options
  • 31-12-2016 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

RTÉ's new 4 parter starts on New Years Day at 9.30pm. I like a good legal drama and hopefully this won't disappoint.
    Striking Out follows the tumultuous professional and personal life of Dublin-based solicitor, Tara Rafferty, and her fledgling legal firm.

Spanning from grandeur of the Four Courts to the Google beehive of Grand Canal, Striking Out is a snapshot of contemporary life in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

And we're off...... Is it me or does Amy play the same type of character all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

I like it so far.

Did Raw start off with a similar type sex scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I like it. The house looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

This looks like the pilot for a long tv series. Think it would have been better with someone else than Amy Huberman. Plus this idealised version of Dublin is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Plenty of f words as well, "FOOL, FOOL"

• Advertisement

Reminds me alot of Amber tv series. Designed for international market without anything resembling Irish

I like it so far.

Dublin looks great, it's nicely shot but I'm not keen on Amy, she is a nice a lady but I don't rate her as an actresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

The lower part of Huberman's face especially the lips are strangely immobile. Script is very unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Dub.

This is sh.it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

To me it has the feel of an Australian drama for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    This looks like the pilot for a long tv series. Think it would have been better with someone else than Amy Huberman. Plus this idealised version of Dublin is weird

Dublin should only be shown at its worst

They're going all '50 Shades' on us now lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The private investigator and the tv show guy are both extremely weird

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The computer nerd/pi is too closely reminiscent of Kalinda in the good wife .
    Which is a pity

Amy is fine. She has a very mobile face. The script I'm not so sure about.

Oh look, its "where is Jessica Hyde"?? from Utopia!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭c_meth

Incidental music louder than dialogue. I'm out.

There is something very stilted about the acting in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Obviously not aimed at the likes of me with Mrs BOD and sponsored by Red Wine Company, but even the Oneeyedwoman said this is sh1te midway through part 2 and turned it off. Trying to tick too many boxes, token funny gay lad, broken hearted/downtrodden professional lady, techy quirky nerdy Pink type,moody pictures of Dublin Town, such a load of balls.

Dublin should only be shown at its worst

I just think Dublin is being shown as very idyllic, whether it be northside or southside. Seems like its designed to be ambiguous and could take part in any north european country

• Advertisement

Jaysus, Oscar Wilde is looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

God its so amateur.........tuning out now.

"deep inside a professional colleague", aka "riding me workmate" LOL!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I'm unable to "invest" in any of these characters unfortunately.

Some fine abodes on show here..is one of them Amy and BODs??

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    I just think Dublin is being shown as very idyllic, whether it be northside or southside. Seems like its designed to be ambiguous and could take part in any north european country

It can't always be working class estates with ponys. Most movies show their cities at their best, unless it's a deliberate gritty drama.

Tara's mother and Eric's father are horrible characters, they're more interested in keeping up appearances than the happiness of their children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Nauseating d4 trite.
    People with money have emotions too you know, wotwot stiff upper lip. Cue Amy cry face borrowed from homeland.

Is Amy going to get it on with Neil Morrissey??

• Advertisement

It can't always be working class estates with ponys. Most movies show their cities at their best, unless it's a deliberate gritty drama.

Yeah Amy should do a few lines of coke, like the dodgy solicitor in Love/Hate, now that would really liven this up!!!!:D

Advertisement