Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One thing I sincerely hope is that Charlotte loses at Mania, and steps away from the women's title for a while. She's constantly been in the title picture since August 2015 (with the Divas championship) and I'm just sick of her being there by now. Have her step back for a few months at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess it rules out there being surprise entrants and the fact they hadn't revealed the type of match means its not a ladder match. They were probably told to wait until they figured out what type the raw match would be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

So the have seriously bumped what might be the match of the night to the pre-show Neville vs AA and have put fcuking Pitbull on the main show.

Fcuk you Vince and thanks for the 3 months free Network I'm never paying for it again.

What matches would you put on the pre-show instead? I can only think of maybe Ambrose vs Crobin but other than that they're all higher profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I'm still so baffled as to why they decided to book Taker so strongly at Raw this week, it just looked ridiculous. The booking for this match seems so goddamn easy, especially for the casuals; book Roman strong, book Taker old and proud, aim so that the possibility of Taker just getting killed outright is very very strong.
    It's pointless to not use Taker looking old and broken as part of the story at this stage.

Within WWE Taker's rep is ridiculously high anyway. You know, there's a legit chance they might do one of those latter streak matches where Roman comes admirably close and fails, shaking Takers hand afterwards to show that he's earned the locker rooms respect... absolute worst case scenario. When they think he's good enough of a promo to be let anywhere near a mic for more than 2 or 3 lines, who knows what they might do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,059 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so will the Rock come out during new days promo and rock bottom Xavier and make jokes of the pagie sex tape cause The Rock can say what he wants ??

The Broken Hardys and Hulk Hogan are very slim possibilties to appear too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If they come back as the Hardys then the mania pop will be decent. But if the come back on Raw with the broken gimmicks I'm sure due to the Raw crowd the day after mania it'll be insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Isn't FF8 out shortly so we can be sure the great one, the brahama bull, the peoples champ with the peoples eyebrow will walk that aisle and stand in the middle of the peoples ring and please the millions and millions of his fans as he's done each year for the last number of years and deliver a peoples elbow to some poor smuck.... who'll it be this year, my money is on Strowman... just cause the chosen one can crush who he likes!!! And the peoples strudel will be all hard when the millions and millions of his fans chant his name!!!

not even interested in WM this year, its just a boring card with a stupid main event, between two part timers who've had two short boring matches... and a third incoming for this sunday!!! ..

best thing the can do is have a baby face roman try everything to beat the deadman in a fair contest, deadman keeps calling him on through spears and superman punches, which he keeps kicking out of barely, Roman gives hima tombstone, still can't get it done, starts sulking and stomping ... then Roman resorts to foreign objects, gets DQ'd, continues to beat down on the deadman despite refs rushing in trying to pull him off and leaves taker in the middle of the ring in a bloody pool...

get him on the mic... say to the crowd I've tried to be your hero and champion, i've been everything you want a hero to be, i've fought for you through your jeers and yet.... (dramatic pause, allows the boo's to ring down) so now i've taken out your biggest hero... FU... (mick drop)........... dead air.... walks up the ramp, no music... smirking smile on his face..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smackdown women's match is on the pre-show so it'll probably be still daytime.

Naomi's entrance will be....underwhelming.

looking at the odds on Paddy Powers
    Goldberg is 7/1 to retain while Lesner is 1/20. Possibly Goldberg could win and then retire on Raw the next night and the title will go into some tournament thing. Goldberg will always be the one guy lesner cant beat

Taker is 3/1 too beat Reigns who is 1/5

Styles 1/8, Shane is 9/2

Strowman is 1/8 to win the ATG Battle Royal, Big Show 8/1, Luke Harper 20/1, Samoa Joe 12/1, Sami Zayn 12/1

Cena/Nikki are 1/10, Miz/Maryse 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I hope Aries vs Neville doesn't become an empty arena match due to being on the preshow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I'd be tempted to put some on Shane. Could see him winning and it resulting in Styles going to RAW.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Goldberg is 7/1 to retain while Lesner is 1/20. Possibly Goldberg could win and then retire on Raw the next night and the title will go into some tournament thing. Goldberg will always be the one guy lesner cant beat

Taker is 3/1 too beat Reigns who is 1/5

Styles 1/8, Shane is 9/2

Strowman is 1/8 to win the ATG Battle Royal, Big Show 8/1, Luke Harper 20/1, Samoa Joe 12/1, Sami Zayn 12/1

Cena/Brie are 1/10, Miz/Maryse 9/2

spoilered that cos there is a thread for betting and i'd imagine some consider the odds to be akin to spoilers based on how accurate they have been in the past.

cian68 wrote: »
    I hope Aries vs Neville doesn't become an empty arena match due to being on the preshow.

Pre Show matches (10pm-12pm)
    2017 ATG Battle Royal
    SD Womens Title match
    Aries vs Nevile

Main show (12pm-4am)
    Wyatt vs Orton
    Goldberg vs Lesner
    Taker vs Reigns
    Styles vs Shane Mcmahon
    Rollins vs Triple H
    Y2J vs Kevin Owens
    Raw Womens Title match
    Raw Tag Title Match
    Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
    Ambrose vs Corbin
    Rap performance
    New Day promo

Expect Reigns vs Taker to close the show if its takers last mania

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been tempted to throw a "no betting talk" warning in the topic title. I know it says spoilers already, but the odds are pretty much bible...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've been tempted to throw a "no betting talk" warning in the topic title. I know it says spoilers already, but the odds are pretty much bible...

It'd be no harm, especially if x/y starts to become more of a favourite come Sat/Sun and someone puts it here and ruins it for people who don't wanna see it

There's a big difference between spoilers and betting odds imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yea try to stay away from the odds as it ruined the rumble for me seeing them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    Yea try to stay away from the odds as it ruined the rumble for me seeing them

I stayed offline for 3/4 days prior to the Rumble and Randy's win was a massive shock to me

When it was down to him and Roman I thought it's obviously Roman so I was sort of happy but not upset when Randy won, and I suppose that's what they were hoping for, I was sure it would lead to Randy v Cena for the title and even that was better than another Roman win for me

It'd be no harm, especially if x/y starts to become more of a favourite come Sat/Sun and someone puts it here and ruins it for people who don't wanna see it

There's a big difference between spoilers and betting odds imo

I've thrown a mod note into the opening post, as well as changed the thread title to reflect that too.

I agree there's a big difference; when Meltzer "spoils" something, you can often find he's wrong. When PP put up odds, they are nearly always 100% accurate....

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

I wonder if The Rock is going to show up? Would be very odd if he doesn't given he's been at ever Mania for the past 6 years. My guess is he appears in a segment with The New Days as a surprise. Having said that, he is very busy promoting Fast & Furious 8, Baywatch and is filming Ballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cena/Nikki are 1/10, Miz/Maryse 9/2

ani-edgeworth-down.gif
    Come on to fúck Miz and Maryse too I guess to a lesser extent.
    Pinkman wrote:
    My guess is he appears in a segment with The New Days as a surprise. Having said that, he is very busy promoting Fast & Furious 8, Baywatch and is filming Ballers.

Hopefully he chases them into the ocean with a car. Helps plug both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Hoping Big Match John pulls a Chris Sabin

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is there a thread for venues that will be showing WM33 live?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

According to the man himself,
    Shelton Benjamin
    has been medically cleared to return to wrestling. I'll be expecting to see him in the battle royal, or at the very least Smackdown two nights later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Latest pics of the stage/set.
    there's a big ass rollercoaster, a globe a LA Universal studios logo and a ring on top of the canopy

https://youtu.be/WHLE17nGBko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've thrown a mod note into the opening post, as well as changed the thread title to reflect that too.

I agree there's a big difference; when Meltzer "spoils" something, you can often find he's wrong. When PP put up odds, they are nearly always 100% accurate....
    For the most part yes but only a few years ago Taker was a raging favourite against Lesnar and Sting the same against HHH on the day of the event. Only started to change dramatically a few hours beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The now annual trips and Stephanie walk through axxess before it opens happened today and they walk around and show all the stuff on display. And triple h hinted at something happening tonight at axxess which he sounded pretty excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The now annual trips and Stephanie walk through axxess before it opens happened today and they walk around and show all the stuff on display. And triple h hinted at something happening tonight at axxess which he sounded pretty excited about.
    Which turned out to be the unveiling of a statue of Ric Flair

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

paulie21 wrote: »
    Which turned out to be the unveiling of a statue of Ric Flair

Awaiting reports of a divine miracle with it bleeding

It would appear the Smackdown Women's title match has been moved back to the main show again. The "pre show match" tag is gone from its preview on WWE.com and Becky has taken to Twitter thanking the fans for being vocal.

Wouldn't be shocked if Ambrose/Corbin takes its place on the pre show...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Or they are given a 3-5 minute clusterfcuk of a match at the start of the main show.

Advertisement