Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options
  • 30-12-2016 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/another-rumored-opponent-for-the-undertaker-at-wrestlemania-33

Reigns vs taker no thanks

Could work if reigns becomes a mega heel

Although they faced off before Cena vs taker is a dream match and made for a Wrestlemania
    As previously reported, John Cena is rumored to be the opponent for The Undertaker at WrestleMania 33. However, those plans have reportedly not been sealed by Vince McMahon. According to Ringside News, WWE is now also considering having Roman Reigns take on the Deadman at WrestleMania.
    The idea behind this is that John Cena is considered a part timer now, and that Roman Reigns facing The Undertaker would have more meaning and impact to his career than Cena. Also, should John Cena and Roman Reigns leave the Royal Rumble PPV as the WWE Champion and Universal Champion respectively, Undertaker would presumably challenge one of them for their title.

Is Taker not on the SD roster :confused:

I might be alone on this but since his streak is broken, I am not keen on Taker's Mania matches, maybe if he is facing Cena or even Finn who could carry him in a decent match I might have interest

I think KO Vs. Y2J for Raw World Title or no title a possibility, I would like Jericho to win the RR and get one more world title reign

HHH Vs. Rollins also likely

Mod Note 30th March - No betting talk, especially odds. While the thread title does say "Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours", the odds put out by the likes of Paddy Power are nearly always 100% on the money, and thus are seen by many as being a step beyond normal spoilers. There's a dedicated betting thread >>>HERE<<< that you can discuss odds to your hearts content. But avoid putting them in this thread from here on out please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I saw a post on Twitter yesterday saying there has been changes on the writing teams and that is why we got Cena challenging AJ at the Rumble and not Undertaker like was planned. I cant remember who posted it or the source and a scan on google didnt bring anything up but its possible that some plans for Mania have been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd say there could be legs to the Cena/Taker rumours. TBH if Undertaker doesn't just show up and there's a good decent built, it could be something very special.

HHH/Rollins is another I could get behind. Good long term story arc to work off of. The fans a just dying to get behind face Rollins 100%. Trips will bump like a boss for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will it be triple h vs Kevin Owens at mania 34 as he seems to love facing guys he developed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'd say there could be legs to the Cena/Taker rumours. TBH if Undertaker doesn't just show up and there's a good decent built, it could be something very special.

HHH/Rollins is another I could get behind. Good long term story arc to work off of. The fans a just dying to get behind face Rollins 100%. Trips will bump like a boss for him.

I dont think this is entirely accurate at this time. I couldnt care less about Rollins at the minute, hes been booked woefully as a face since his return and not to mention how badly his character was written before hand when he was a heel main eventer.

He, like most on Raw the past few years, has been given f all to work with. As a heel he was booked as a sub par comedy cowardly heel and now hes been booked as a bland, poorly written babyface. Ive no clue why Ive to root for him. Reigns suffered the same fate as a face last year (and again this year) and the only thing keeping Seth afloat is that we know he and his character are capable of better.

But right now, hes not over to me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've a feeling this will be one hell of an epicly long show...

Speculated card as of Dec 31st
    Universal title match
    Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor vs Y2J

Dream Match
    John Cena vs The Undertaker

WWE World title match
    AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe

Grudge Match
    HHH vs Seth Rollins

Goldberg vs Lesnar

US title match
    Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns

Womens world championship match
    Charlotte vs Bayley

Celeb match
    The Big Show vs Shaq

SD tag team title match
    American Alpha - Jason Jordan & Chad Gable w/Shelton Benjamin vs The Wyatts - Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton w/Luke Harper

Cruiserweight title 6 man ladder match
    TJP vs Rich Swann vs Cedric Alexander vs Brian Kendrick vs Neville vs Noam Dar

Pre-Show
    IC title blowoff match - Dean Ambrose vs The Miz
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal inc: Rusev, Corbin, Kane, Ziggler, Sami Zayn, Apollo Crews, an NXT wrestler, etc Winner: Sami Zayn / Rusev

Raw tag titles match: Cesaro & Sheamus vs Gallows & Anderson vs The New Day vs Enzo & Cass
    SD Womens title match: Nikki Bella vs Becky Lynch

• Advertisement

I've a feeling this will be one hell of an epicly long show...

Speculated card as of Dec 31st

Id take that card

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rusev deserves better than a pre show that Battle Royal hopefully he can get a singles match on the main show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Also I'd want the IC title match to be on the main show. Miz has had a very nice run and really helped elevate the belt back to some of its former glory after years of terrible booking of its holders.

Also parachuting Joe into a co-main event title match against AJ at WM would be something else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No way the Bray/Orton team up lasts till Mania. A singles match between the two is way more likely imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Not a chance Joe will be in the title match. I don't think he'll be in a singles match at mania.

Found him to be like jericho this year great character and promos but match quality hasn't been there except againist finn in Dallas. His matches with Nakamura have completely underwhelmed

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont think this is entirely accurate at this time. I couldnt care less about Rollins at the minute, hes been booked woefully as a face since his return and not to mention how badly his character was written before hand when he was a heel main eventer.

He, like most on Raw the past few years, has been given f all to work with. As a heel he was booked as a sub par comedy cowardly heel and now hes been booked as a bland, poorly written babyface. Ive no clue why Ive to root for him. Reigns suffered the same fate as a face last year (and again this year) and the only thing keeping Seth afloat is that we know he and his character are capable of better.

But right now, hes not over to me.

Very well put. What I probably was trying to say is that everyone can see the potential in Face Rollins especially when you compare him to Reigns who we've had rammed upon us for so long.

Be gutted if Ambrose and Miz was anywhere near the pre-show. Both are fair more deserving. If this match goes ahead they have to make a big deal of it.

I still have half a thought that it's going to be cena vs aj vs taker at mania to make up for takers age

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mania should have cross brand matches.

For example Finn v Styles or Cena v Reigns.

Don't think they should make room for a Taker singles match this year. With Brock v Goldberg, Rollins v Triple H already featuring part timers, the need to have a prominent Women's title match, the Universal and World Title matches I don't see the room (or point) in a Taker singles bout this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

sky88 wrote: »
    Not a chance Joe will be in the title match. I don't think he'll be in a singles match at mania.

Found him to be like jericho this year great character and promos but match quality hasn't been there except againist finn in Dallas. His matches with Nakamura have completely underwhelmed

How much of that is on Nakamura though? The strong-style thing is waring a bit thin for me.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    How much of that is on Nakamura though? The strong-style thing is waring a bit thin for me.

As Nakamura has very little English it may be a problem for him when he makes the main roster for promos etc

Same of Asuka

PTH2009 wrote: »
    As Nakamura has very little English it may be a problem for him when he makes the main roster for promos etc

Same of Asuka

Well that's a another issue, yeah.

But the comment was about Joe's matches, and I think Nakamura has to share some of the blame for theirs being a bit meh, because I've now seen Nakamura go through several feuds with very similar matches, drawing heavily on a limited move set and a nearly identical finish each time.

Neil3030 wrote: »

Both are too blame for sure and think his charisma is saving him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So, who will Rousey be fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

J. Marston wrote: »
    So, who will Rousey be fighting?

Well she must lose to Cena 1st, like Brock did, then i'd say she'll take on Steph at Mania

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just to clarify that card wasn't neccesarily the rumored card but more so my amalgamation of the most reported matches for mania. I too would like to see Rusev get a better spot but with him currently in a program with Enzo, Cass & Jinder Mahal, no rumors for mania and so many other big matches on the card it unfortunately made sense for him to be placed where he was.

It may seem a too high profile spot for Samoa Joe this early too but Taker vs Cena is by far the most reported match for both men, it could include AJ in a triple threat but despite that no doubt being a better match it isn't as marketable a dream match to casuals and has barely been suggested really in comparison to Cena vs Taker. That leaves AJ without a WM program while already on the road to mania and having bested everyone near his level repeatedly on SD recently. That combined with Joe's imminent arrival the main roster, which has actually been heavily rumored for the rumble would make him a likely opponent and tbh one of the only ones i've seen muted online if it is Taker vs Cena in the other big SD match.

After that you have the locks they have been building to (or delaying storyline for) like Lesnar vs Goldberg and HHH vs Rollins. You also have BIg SHow vs Shaq essentially confirmed although im not sure if it's been mentioned on the show yet.

thats 5 big singles matches already which may play into why the Raw title match could be a triple threat. Balor and Owens have history, Jericho was going to feud with Balor originally and Owens and Jericho deserve a big blowoff match.

It (so many big singles matches already) could also be why Orton vs Wyatt seems less confirmed at the moment going by reports and even though they dropped the titles the company could instead continue the descension between Orton and Harper which could come to a head at the Rumble, they could then have a match at the pre mania PPV but Orton to stay associated with Wyatt and have they big moment where Randy turns on Bray (Or vice versa) while elevating the SD tag title match cos otherwise those titles will def be on the pre-show. This prediction may have been to balance the card a bit and to trim down the amount of matches too though as the singles match is probably reported as more likely.

Again all those big singles matches on the main card was probably why I put the IC match on the pre-show (which will probably be 2 hours) but I don't disagree that feuds blowoff would deserve main card attention. I think this year the spot for the IC title in a ladder match of the last few years will go to the Cruiserweights however.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/two-huge-names-advertised-upcoming-raw

if taker is going to raw it could possibily to announce he is entering the Royal Rumble match and the Raw roster will RIP (he will appear on a SD episode and say the same thing to them) or the writers could of changed there mind and he is going to face a Raw star at Mania eg Reigns, Rusev, Strowman etc

I have a feeling Styles will keep the title til mania and defend it against Randy Orton (who will have ended the Wyatt thing at Elimination Chamber)

So a title less Cena could face Roman Reigns at Mania, which could start after some war of words type crap

sky88 wrote: »
    Both are too blame for sure and think his charisma is saving him.

Agreed - his theme tune, too.

Will they bother with Ronda now that her stock has fallen considerably after last night? Plus celebwise I think Shaq alone will be suffice to fill that spot.

Is it a given that Ronda will end if in the WWE for more than just a once off? It'd be interesting to see how they book her if so. She'd have to be a complete Brock Lesnar-like destroyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Very well put. What I probably was trying to say is that everyone can see the potential in Face Rollins especially when you compare him to Reigns who we've had rammed upon us for so long.

Be gutted if Ambrose and Miz was anywhere near the pre-show. Both are fair more deserving. If this match goes ahead they have to make a big deal of it.

I get ya Shag. I think WWE have a problem creating new top faces. The over scripted, comedy face schtick didnt fly with Cena, Reigns or Rollins. It kills them. Get them over first and then try that ala The Rock or Austin

The talent have also done themselves no favors either trying be tweeners when they are meant to be full on heels so when they do switch to being a Face the crowd reaction is just the same.

It's not always creative or Vince's fault.

The Miz & Resuv understand this and don't look for the cheers when they are heels and both could be great faces if creative & Vince get behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will they bother with Ronda now that her stock has fallen considerably after last night? Plus celebwise I think Shaq alone will be suffice to fill that spot.

Is it a given that Ronda will end if in the WWE for more than just a once off? It'd be interesting to see how they book her if so. She'd have to be a complete Brock Lesnar-like destroyer.

Her stock has plummeted but she'd still draw quite a few for curiosity.

with Fozzy going back on tour next summer can we see a possible kayfabe loser leaves WWE match between y2j and Kevin Owens at mania with KO picking up the win ???

Y2J of course will return in 2018 sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nakamura has good English. If you've listened to jerichos podcast he's speak good English. He's better than asuka.

• Advertisement

The Miz & Resuv understand this and don't look for the cheers when they are heels and both could be great faces if creative & Vince get behind them.

A proportion of the fans share in the blame too. Even Miz and Rusev have their core following of smarks who praise (and cheer) them for being such convincing heels.

Advertisement