Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 33 *Spoilers/Speculation/Rumours*(No Betting Discussion; Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Or they are given a 3-5 minute clusterfcuk of a match at the start of the main show.

Much more likely to be punished like that now that people had the audacity to interfere with the desired plan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Card seems too stacked to me, even with the preshow.

We're obviously going see at least a couple of 2-3 minute throwaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Rusev & Lana on the show is a fcuking disgrace.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rusev is hurt, afaik hence why he hasn't been on to for a few weeks. Before he got hurt, there'd been talks of a match vs Finn Balor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,059 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could they show a video
    announcing the return of the Hardyz at mania and they will debut in a few weeks (maybe the next raw ppv) ???
    A return at mania would be amazing but Vince doesnt do logic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Degag wrote: »
    For the most part yes but only a few years ago Taker was a raging favourite against Lesnar and Sting the same against HHH on the day of the event. Only started to change dramatically a few hours beforehand.

Long enough for someone to come on here and say odds are dropping for x so

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Rusev is hurt, afaik hence why he hasn't been on to for a few weeks. Before he got hurt, there'd been talks of a match vs Finn Balor.

He's out due to a shoulder injury, apparently he put the surgery off for good amount of time, got it done March 9th and is likely to miss 2 months if memory serves me correctly.. At a guess he'll be back in May.

Plus Lana's been at the Performance Centre polishing her wrestling skills.

Talks of Rollins having pneumonia.

Meltzer also saying that Taker vs Reigns has a high possibility of closing the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah saw that. A temp of 103.5 as well apparently. If he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck. There was a video I saw last night of him talking about missing a workout with cesaro because he was sick and to be fair he sounded very sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads was it flagged before that this is big shows last mania match ? I must have missed it if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads was it flagged before that this is big shows last mania match ? I must have missed it if it was.

Don't think so, he mentioned it on Sam Roberts's Wrestling Podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Meltzer also saying that Taker vs Reigns has a high possibility of closing the show.

Better that than Goldberg vs. Lesnar closing it anyway. You know what, it's probably the right decision, the build-up has been poor but for me it has the most star-power and it being the final match probably means something is going down. I'd have loved to see Wyatt vs. Orton in that slot but I was never getting my hopes up about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finn to step in for Seth if he's not ready also only fair since Seth injured him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I could see people leaving early if the main event is Orton vs Wyatt. I think that would be very flat in that spot. At least with Reigns/Taker and Goldberg/Lesnar you can be guaranteed the fans will react.

Orton/Wyatt was never going to be the main event.

There's speculation that they will put Taker/Reigns in last cause they want Reigns to win, but fear that negative fan reactions could take over any subsequent matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I do think a Reigns win could ruin Goldberg v Brock :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

negative fan reactions could take over any subsequent matches.

Instead it will take over any lasting images or memories of Wrestlemania 33

30 wouldn't be remembered as fondly if the breaking of the streak went on last, it would shadow over the whole event

I'm generally trying to be as positive as I can be about everything coming up for Wrestlemania, but damn does a face Reigns beating Taker going on last piss me off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Finn to step in for Seth if he's not ready also only fair since Seth injured him.

Would the obvious choice here not have Joe and Seth take each other out, and have Finn do the the actual match with Trips?

The only logical replacement is CM Punk, obviously. This angle between himself and Triple H has been going on for years now and we'll finally get the payoff on Sunday.

Yes, the denial is still strong within me. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭The White Feather

martyos121 wrote: »
    The only logical replacement is CM Punk, obviously. This angle between himself and Triple H has been going on for years now and we'll finally get the payoff on Sunday.

Yes, the denial is still strong within me. :o

I think I would go Fu**ing mental for that!! :D

I really hope there are some surprises like the Hardys returning. Conor McGregor appearance or something like that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I think I would go Fu**ing mental for that!! :D

I really hope there are some surprises like the Hardys returning. Conor McGregor appearance or something like that too!

I'd say Conor is too busy getting ready to have the head boxed off him by Mayweather to be concerned with Wrestlemania :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Vince is fúcking unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Has anyone got the video promos for the build up the matches for Sunday?

Not watched in a long time

What about a Ronda Rousey appearance?

She could easily go into wrestling. Do a couple of Raws and the big PPVs as she is a wrestling fan.

She won't be getting punched in the face anyway!! :pac:

cena wrote: »
    Has anyone got the video promos for the build up the matches for Sunday?

Not watched in a long time

They did say Cena was becoming a Part timer alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Speaking of video promos, this is one of my favourites (besides Rock/Austin WM17!)....

Reports that
    Good Old JR
    will be doing something at Mania :D

Reports that
    Good Old JR

Reading that made me extremely happy. :)

• Advertisement

Reports that
    Good Old JR

Would love to see that person!! :D:)

BTW why the spoilers markers? It's in the thread title as well as speculation. Just asking

Advertisement