Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I think you might have been providing the red flags there rather than her. People have families and lives, it was your responsibility after a few months together to make the effort to just pass the time of day with them surely?
    Fair point. But she was my first girlfriend, and it wasn't like we were living together - just seeing each other once or twice a week.
    She knew I was apprehensive - not helped by the fact she bitched about her family and ex a lot, and really it was just the deceit and throwing me in at the deep end which got to me. Also, I should clarify, her dad seemed sound enough albeit largely unintelligible - hence the struggle of a conversation.
    Probably for the best, anyway - turned out she'd been trying to get with another guy while she was with me, and had lied about having to break up with her ex, saying he was an alcoholic, because I'd said I didn't want her to break up with someone to be with me.

But in general, yes, I could definitely have handled that relationship better - largely by not getting into it in the first place. But anyone I've been with since has been absolutely lovely, as have their families, so perhaps the experience stood me in good stead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

She invited me round to hers for Sunday lunch. She was Sicilian so I was heavily expectant. She presented a roast chicken with vegetables. Fair enough, but the chicken was so dry it was practically inedible. It was downhill from then and it all ended a couple of weeks later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Not a relationship but a one night stand. After the night club we went back to her place.
    We were on the couch getting warmed up and the light comes on in the landing. Her mother arrives in, all chatty.
    After a while the mother sends her in to make a cup of tea for us.

The mother then tells me ..."You know our Jacintha has three kids don't you? Well, play your cards right and we will say the youngest one is yours".

Was gone outta there faster than I have ever moved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

She invited me round to hers for Sunday lunch. She was Sicilian so I was heavily expectant. She presented a roast chicken with vegetables. Fair enough, but the chicken was so dry it was practically inedible. It was downhill from then and it all ended a couple of weeks later.

You ended a reletionship because of someone's cooking? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Winterlong wrote: »
    Not a relationship but a one night stand. After the night club we went back to her place.
    We were on the couch getting warmed up and the light comes on in the landing. Her mother arrives in, all chatty.

The mother then tells me ..."You know our Jacintha has three kids don't you? Well, play your cards right and we will say the youngest one is yours".

Ah feck off.

• Advertisement

This thread is better than Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Jacinta was probably a virgin.

Horny buck Nil - Mother Goose 1 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

We had an argument, I decide to leave the house rather than absorb torrents of screamed abuse.

Come home to find the 1 x 1 meter canvas I'd spent over 100 hours on start to finish, which was for my fine art degree assessment show, had been slashed all over with a kitchen knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

On a holiday (summer holiday home) I got to know someone over the space of a few night's out and once got a taxi back to his place, he lived miles outside the town. We both conked out drunk then woke up the next day messing about. His penis was about the size of half of my little finger and he got in a right strop about it so he started at himself in bed next to me. I was pretty disgusted so got up and got dressed and asked him to ring me a taxi as I didn't know where I was. He just ignored me so I went outside to investigate and found out there was only two houses with a field of horses in the middle of the countryside. I had no choice but to ring the next door neighbour's doorbell and tell her I didn't know where I was. She was shocked and said 'oh it must be young x you were with' and I said I was. She told me the address and I went and rang a taxi. I went back into the guy's house and told him I was leaving and that he could at least have dropped me home. He just lay in bed furious at what I had done but all he had to tell me was his address.
    He never spoke to me again and I saw he got married a few years later. I wasn't that bothered but he was mad as hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

On a holiday (summer holiday home) I got to know someone over the space of a few night's out and once got a taxi back to his place, he lived miles outside the town. We both conked out drunk then woke up the next day messing about. His penis was about the size of half of my little finger and he got in a right strop about it so he started at himself in bed next to me. I was pretty disgusted so got up and got dressed and asked him to ring me a taxi as I didn't know where I was....
    He never spoke to me again and I saw he got married a few years later. I wasn't that bothered but he was mad as hell.

Did you start making fun of it or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

My get me out of here moment definitely is not as high on the shock value as some here but anyway.
    I'd been seeing a guy for a couple of dates and was a bit unsure but he seems nice. One night we went to the cinema and back to his house for pizza after. We were chatting away while eating the pizza and I got up to put my empty box in the bin which was against the wall. I turned around to go back to where we were sitting but as I did he literally caught me and pushed me up against the wall.
    He proceeded to hold my hands really tight and whispered all the things he wanted to do in bed etc. Whatever happened me I completely froze, I don't know if it was that I wasn't comfortable around him, or was it the fright as he came up behind me and pushed me against the wall. I pushed him off me, got my bag and keys and ran out of his house and drove home. Then I didn't answer any of his texts which went on for about a year after.
    So my situation isn't as shocking as some here but something in my head screamed "get me out of here" when he made his move!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Did you start making fun of it or something?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Shinbin223 wrote: »
    So my situation isn't as shocking as some here but something in my head screamed "get me out of here" when he made his move!

Probably one of the worst so far :eek:

....... wrote: »

:pac:

For pure Lols, this is definitely in the top 3 best ones so far in this thread. I could visualise the mad Da and the "oh a new girlfriend!" doting Mammy so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

When he said he was in a relationship with me when I had no idea who he was, attacked me, blackmailed me and threatened to kill me and himself.

No craic at all, and he was never even an partner of mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Chatted to someone online briefly, thought nothing of it initially. However they proceeded to send me message after message, even though I'd long stopped responding. The icing on the cake was when they pieced together some information about me, found me on LinkedIn and rang my work looking for me! No f-cking way! We'd never even met ffs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

She wet the bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

I don't know where all these crazy people are. The craziest I've encountered was back in 1997 when my mother picked up the house phone and somebody with a US accent whom I knew under a pseudonym from an online forum had traced my ip from an email, found out my surname and general area, flew to Ireland and rang everybody in the phonebook with my surname to find my exact address. Well, that was my internet security life lesson!

• Advertisement

I don't know where all these crazy people are. The craziest I've encountered was back in 1997 when my mother picked up the house phone and somebody with a US accent whom I knew under a pseudonym from an online forum had traced my ip from an email, found out my surname and general area, flew to Ireland and rang everybody in the phonebook with my surname to find my exact address. Well, that was my internet security life lesson!

:eek: :pac:

Ok peeps, this is the new standard to beat!

Thread winner so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

She wet the bed

That's just what happens when you do it right

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Went to a friends place in Wicklow. We'd known each other years and never had anything happen. To be honest, although she was lovely, I never really was attracted to her and I had seen some of her 'moments' in the past. I'm waiting for some of them to appear on this thread :)

After a skinful of hooch, she told me I could sleep in her bed. Grand I thought, until she climbed in beside me and started roaring at me to take off my clothes.
    I didn't.

The next morning at breakfast while there was a lull in conversation, her mother asks me 'Why didn't you take off your jeans for my daughter Boomer?'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

With a girl for a couple years, Was grand in every way, The oul one didn't like me though, No reason why??

She sends the missus to a Fortune Teller that she saw the week before, She tells her all this ****e about how I'm going to end up with some other girl and stuff.

2 years together, We broke up 2 weeks after that as i was getting abuse 24hrs a day for some bull**** that was going to happen in the future.

Madness

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

My get me out of here moment definitely is not as high on the shock value as some here but anyway.
    I'd been seeing a guy for a couple of dates and was a bit unsure but he seems nice. One night we went to the cinema and back to his house for pizza after. We were chatting away while eating the pizza and I got up to put my empty box in the bin which was against the wall. I turned around to go back to where we were sitting but as I did he literally caught me and pushed me up against the wall.He proceeded to hold my hands really tight and whispered all the things he wanted to do in bed etc.

Send him my way
    /rubs thighs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hollis Hurlbut

These threads are par for the course on Reddit. Some of you going on like it's made your Christmas. You need to venture outside boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

When a girlfriend was convinced I was cheating on her, even though I wasn't, I liked her despite her craziness and wasn't cheating. I lived with my in a shared apartment and twice she came in and was waiting in my bed for me after being out with the lads and ladies from college (she was invited but wouldn't go). The first time was weird, the second time I was home very late because I went to a house party and she wanted to examine my c*ck for evidence of infidelity. When I wouldn't let her she had a meltdown and caused some scene with her roaring and shouting waking up the entire apartment.

That was enough for me, she went out with a few of the other lads from the course after that and did other mad things to them she had some rep after that, often wondered what happened to her.

but as I did he literally caught me and pushed me up against the wall.
    He proceeded to hold my hands really tight and whispered all the things he wanted to do in bed etc.

Whatever happened me I completely froze, I don't know if it was that I wasn't comfortable around him, or was it the fright as he came up behind me and pushed me against the wall.

I know numerous girls who would be all over that like a fly on sh*te.

Depends how much you trusted him upto that moment tbh.

I know numerous girls who would be all over that like a fly on sh*te.

An I know literally, let me count... zero. Strange that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Oh I thought of one

Was seeing a guy last year, first romance since moving to the land of maple syrup. Tbf, there were several red flags, including how his ex was literally ALL over his apartment. Her toothbrush was still in the bathroom, her bra was still hanging off one of the door knobs... ..

We'd been seeing each other for about 2 months when Christmas rolled around so we said we'll get each other something small, no more than $50. I got him a few star wars bits cos he was really into star wars.

What did he get me..... a $20 gift card for the scone cafe across the road from his apartment. We didn't make it to new years.

We got some great laughs out of that gift tbf.

Advertisement