Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

After a great night in the sack she asked me to leave her home.
    She got out of the car at a halting site.
    I said I thought you said you were a nurse.
    She said "No, I said I was one of the Ward sisters".

Please tell me this is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Please tell me this is true!

Old joke!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

On a more lighthearted note, I had a "get me out of here" moment on a first date when a guy started asking me where I see myself in 5 years times and how many kids I wanted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Not Propaganda

Introducing her to my mates for the first time, she came back into the room after being in the toilet and ignored all the empty seats available to sit on my knee and wrap her arms right round my neck.

Bit of a red flag that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

We lived in Wales and after breaking off with her she told me that her Dad and uncle, who were both apparently at one time involved in the Ra, were on the ferry over to break my legs.

There were loads and loads of instances where the penny dropped that she was crazy but she was great in bed so I hung around longer than I should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Was it Tuesday just gone ?

no its 2 years ago. but it would not surprise me if you saw her causing mayhem. she could enter the olympics for chair throwing at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sirsok wrote: »
    she started doing summersaults in the pool and making weird noises.

She sounds like a fungirl:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

blade1 wrote: »
    She sounds like a fungirl:pac:

Show this post to any future partner and they'll be quoting it in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

woodchuck wrote: »
    I should have had a "get me out of here" moment when he:
    - Pulled over to the side of the road and ordered my sister out of the car after she said something (fairly innocuous) that he didn't like.
    - Repeatedly threatened to kill himself if we ever broke up.
    - Threatened to break up with me if I ever needed to go abroad for work.
    - Showed me the whomping stick he kept in the car to intimidate other drivers who pissed him off.

There's much darker stuff too that I won't even go into here. I guess I was afraid of him and what he might do if I ever broke up with him. In the end he was the one who broke it off with me. I knew it was for the best when I was packing my bags and I had to talk him down from stabbing himself in the neck with a kitchen knife.

Lucky escape or wha?!

Based on all the crazy in this thread, you've had the luckiest escape so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Do one or two dates now constitute a relationship?

Surely if someone is odd on the first date then you disappear and break all contact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Do one or two dates now constitute a relationship?

Surely if someone is odd on the first date then you disappear and break all contact.

Depends on how hot they are.

Everyone knows that date 3 = nakedness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

woodchuck wrote: »
    On a more lighthearted note, I had a "get me out of here" moment on a first date when a guy started asking me where I see myself in 5 years times and how many kids I wanted!!
    Introducing her to my mates for the first time, she came back into the room after being in the toilet and ignored all the empty seats available to sit on my knee and wrap her arms right round my neck.

Bit of a red flag that

Dont see much wrong with either of the above - 1st is 1st date chat filler the 2nd is showing affection!!

I presume your both still single!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

:confused: I'm guessing you were 16ish.

Anyway, I've no 'Ta! Da'h!' moments. :( But, very funny thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

First girlfriend, (I was a late starter at 20, in love, and also an idiot), after a couple of months dating, her ex had their kid for the weekend, so she brought me back to hers in Mayo (orange flag, eh?), assuring me (me being the cripplingly shy type) that I wouldn't have to meet anyone.
    [This is ten years ago now, and it wasn't until starting to write this post that a couple of things even clicked as being relevant...]
    On the way to the house she drove to the petrol station where her brother worked to get petrol. She stopped at her mother's to pick something up, but there was no one home.
    Her father called over in the evening and I struggled through talking to him. (iirc, he was holding a grudge against the black and tans..)
    Then in the morning, she had to get up to make lunch because she had "forgotten" her parents were coming over, as well as the ex with the kid.
    Things went downhill pretty rapidly after that.

Bit of a red flag that
    That's a red flag? :confused:
    Unless you mean she was trying to choke you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

When, during sex, she asked me to crap on her.
    True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

When, during sex, she asked me to crap on her.
    True story.

Are you sure it wasn't a critique and she was actually saying, 'Get the crap off me!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Are you sure it wasn't a critique and she was actually saying, 'Get the crap off me!'

Hmmmm. On reflection....
    Nah. I've always rated between 2 and 4 out of 10. So it couldn't have been that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

HS3 wrote: »
    Thats not a compliment!

Sorry "treating me badly" was the biggest mistake he ever made, I'm sure most people understood what I meant!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

ardinn wrote: »
    Dont see much wrong with either of the above - 1st is 1st date chat filler the 2nd is showing affection!!

I presume your both still single!

Sorry to disappoint you ;)

The whole thing felt more like an interview than a date. It was just a series of intense questions being fired at me one after the other! He seemed like someone who had a predefined picture of his ideal wife in mind and was trying to see if I ticked the right boxes... after a while I just started taking the piss with my answers :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

She got pissed of when I wanted to watch knight rider. "Kit, get me out of here buddy."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I should have seen the signs when a ticket we bought together that won an all expenses paid trip to Russia was given to her parents.

It was a major flag when she went to a fortune teller to see her future and was told that we weren't going to end up together (I never had a chance to thank the fortune teller) but that I was in love with a female friend of mine (I wasn't) and that she would end up with a neighbour from near where she came from(she did).

What did the relationship in in the end was her refusal to let me meet my friend unless she was there and her parents suddenly fussing all about me after I started my first job and giving not-so-subtle hints about a ring.

Moral of the story? Fortune tellers tell the truth if you decide to follow the crap they peddle, but I am still amazingly grateful to that fortune teller for saving me from a hellish existence:)

That's the second fortune teller angle on a story here.

It takes an extra special kinda crazy to change your life around to mirror what some stranger has told you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Was only dating for about two years before I met my oh so went on a few dates and had one relationship that lasted a couple of months. He was a bit of a messer tbh and was always asking me to meet up but too many times he cancelled on me at the last minute and stuff.

One day I was all set to meet up with him, about to order a cab and got a message saying that he couldn't make it again and it wasn't for any important reason. I was a bit upset and went up to my room and my dad came up and he didn't know what to say because he never saw me upset over a bloke before. He said "ehh eh are you OK? The little ****. Do you want me to have a talk to him" ha ha :PAC: I was like "Jesus no!!!!,you never even met him ffs" but I knew he didn't mean it seriously. It did make me laugh though. After that I finished it with your man.

Another time, there were three Spanish lads in the pub and one of them came over and asked me on a date so I said alright but when I went on the date, he brought the other two friends??? Sounds really bad but it was genuinely innocent. I was still thinking "OK wtf this is a bit weird"! though.

On another date with someone and i knew straight away that I didn't like him. He kept talking about an ex. I told him at the end of the date that I didn't think we should meet again but he kept texting me randomly for about 6 months after, even though I never replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

That's the second fortune teller angle on a story here.

It takes an extra special kinda crazy to change your life around to mirror what some stranger has told you.

It's called the expectation effect.
    Something is far more likely to happen if you are told it will happen.

Used by a variety of professions everyday - teachers, sports coaches, life coaches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

He wrote "I kill Hippies" in chips in Eddie Rockets and told me through text that he brought a hatchet to school to scare off some guy.......... He was very scary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I don't believe in the saying 'don't stick your dick in crazy'. Most certainly do as it's more than likely the best sex you'll ever have. However I'm a firm believer in 'don't settle down with crazy' because in the long run the sex drive will wear off, they'll fvck up you're life and basically aren't worth it.

I'm sure the same goes for both male and female.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Still waiting for a get me in moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Back in the day, was living with a guy in a long term relationship and we were the beautiful couple who had it all.

There had been signs he had a temper but I ignored them. He kept on about getting married and I was getting more and more cold feet. However we grew apart and I was not sure how to get out of it. We were twenty five going on 60 and I could not face years of this.

He earned a lot more than me but we contributed equally to the house. Then he decided we were getting new windows and were to stump up more money- which I said I could not afford. so there was a bad vibe going on.

I went to visit a friend down in Meath to get out of the house and the bad atmosphere and was out late. It was in the days before mobile phones. So I was rushing back, in case he gave out. In my rush I drove over a big ledge in the road and my car cut out.

Thankfully, two lovely Gardai came by and gave me a tow home.All was fine.

The next morning he just flipped. Lost it. Accused me of being with someone else. Wrecked the house and then start going on about windows! He put his hands around my neck and tried to strangle me. You know in the cartoons you see stars. Well I really did. I could see my life flash before me and thought this was it. He took my bank book, shoved me in the car and drove me to building society and made me take out all my money. I had 1010 pounds and he told the girl to give me 1000 which he took. So I'd 10 left to keep the account open. The girl spotted I was in a state and asked was I alright. I said yes. I was in shock.

Driving back in the car, he was calming down. When I got back the house was a mess, I was afraid he'd kick off again so I put the dog on a lead, shut the front door walked to my Mums and never went back.

That was many many years ago- I've kept the bank book which I look at every so often. It reminds me of a point in time when I started again with 10 pounds to my name and a dog on a lead. I've never had a long term relationship since and when ppl ask "how is someone like you single,? "I just shrug and say, " ahh sure no one would put up with me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ficheall wrote: »
    First girlfriend, (I was a late starter at 20, in love, and also an idiot), after a couple of months dating, her ex had their kid for the weekend, so she brought me back to hers in Mayo (orange flag, eh?), assuring me (me being the cripplingly shy type) that I wouldn't have to meet anyone.
    [This is ten years ago now, and it wasn't until starting to write this post that a couple of things even clicked as being relevant...]
    On the way to the house she drove to the petrol station where her brother worked to get petrol. She stopped at her mother's to pick something up, but there was no one home.
    Her father called over in the evening and I struggled through talking to him. (iirc, he was holding a grudge against the black and tans..)
    Then in the morning, she had to get up to make lunch because she had "forgotten" her parents were coming over, as well as the ex with the kid.
    Things went downhill pretty rapidly after that.

I think you might have been providing the red flags there rather than her. People have families and lives, it was your responsibility after a few months together to make the effort to just pass the time of day with them surely?

Advertisement