Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Saipanne wrote: »
    Perhaps they weighed it.

Probably counted the wigglers in the baby gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm off to bed, fu*k this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Probably counted the wigglers in the baby gravy.

Baby gravy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    This is the best thread I've seen on boards since "I hate my Housemate megathread" over on Ranting and Raving.

Linky link pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

blade1 wrote: »
    Or anyone that starts on about an ex...just f*ck right off now!!!!!!

I have a close relative who was widowed a couple of years ago but is seeing a new guy - I met him once. He whinged to me about his ex wife who bled him dry; took him for a fortune; ate through his life savings and only left him when his money was gone leaving him in huge debt.

I was thinking that was a little errr, odd so discretely asked other family members if they'd met him. All said the same thing. She thinks he's the bees knees but I'm fairly sure she may not be onto a winner with this one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

When his parents house got raided by the Guards at 6.30am and they found loads of cocaine. I was pulled starkers out of his bed and put on the floor and handcuffed.

He was my first real boyfriend and me being the naive and innocent person I was, thought all his money came from ‘nixers‘ I had absolutely no idea he was a drug dealer until that moment. I'll never forget that morning, or the look on his poor mam and dad's face. I never ever seen him or talked to him again after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ladiesman216

Anyone got any theories why the crazies are (generally) better in bed?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-To get access to ranting and raving you need to PM one of the mods there to get in.

Fluorescence, G_R, Overheal are the mods. They are very strict about off topic stuff over there so make sure to read the charter before posting if you do get in.

Overheal is the most active so probably best to pm him/her. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=83089

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Anyone got any theories why the crazies are (generally) better in bed?!

Fewer inhibitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Im meeting a "lady" tuesday night for coffee* she sounds completely insane and looks like a blonde version of that Girl thats in those crazy girlfriend memes - I shall try to figure out why they are better at the time and report back!

If however I dont post here again you will know I have been murdered!

*suck me inside out apparently

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

I never had one of these moments, been 6 years since i got laid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    I never had one of these moments, been 6 years since i got laid

Jesus Christ! Why? How? Aw duuude!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Great thread, very entertaining. Had intentions of getting some study done until i clicked on the first page.

Unfortunately never really had any amusing "get me out of here" moments but did have a really intense relationship in which I can humbly say didn't bring glory to either of us.

These lines from Raglan Road sum it up best,
    I saw the danger, yet I walked
    Along the enchanted way
    And I said let grief be a falling leaf
    At the dawning of the day.
    On Grafton Street in November,
    We tripped lightly along the ledge
    Of a deep ravine where can be seen
    The worst of passions pledged
    From the exact moment we met we fell into that deep ravine and were consumed in eachother. We spent the guts of a year trying to put the flame out. We were both intense and we didn't know how to be any other way with eachother. The physical passion was extreme, matched only by the arguments... one would storm off vowing never to return and then days later the other would call and the whole cycle would kick off again.

It got so bad that eventually we both wouldn't bother telling our friends whenever we got back together as we knew we'd probably break up shorty after. It was ridiculously silly but sexually highly addictive and eventually it just tired us out and we both craved some emotional normalcy. We met a few years after when we were both in happy new relationships and the same crazy fire just leapt up again, I can still hear her whispering that thrilling evocation "it's only sex" in my ear. It was difficult to resist but I had to say enough, I couldn't do it anymore and our game ended. The mood turned chilly and the flame went out at last. I might have looked back after we parted, I can't remember.
    On a quiet street where old ghosts meet,
    I see her walking now away from me,
    So hurriedly. My reason must allow,
    For I have wooed, not as I should

A creature made of clay.
    When the angel woos the clay, he'll lose
    His wings at the dawn of the day.

On the back of that outburst of will power I finally got off the cigarettes too.

Not an amusing story I know but so far most have being anything other than the innocent party.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Not the last straw but one of them.

I was a full time biker at the time was in the pub one saturday having a few pints with the lads. In she arrives with some of her friends and starts chatting away to me. It was just before christmas and they'd been doing a bit of shopping.
    She asks me if I want to see one of the presents she got me for christmas. I said, "Ah no. You're grand." After a few vodkas she decided to show me anyway. She pulled out a pair of underpants with a picture of a motorbike on the crotch and one for each cheek on the back. She then proceeded to pass it around to show the lads as well while all the time doing a laugh like Janice from Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I was living with a guy and in what I thought was a very serious relationship (marriage, house on the cards etc). He had a kid from a previous relationship.

Went to a fortune teller for the laugh and she told me that I was living with a guy, who had a kid and said "You do a lot of babysitting on a Tuesday evening don't you?" I said yeh and she told me that he was wasn't being faithful. I was never one to believe this kinda nonsense but it played on my mind for awhile since she had specifically said Tuesday and he usually worked late on Tuesdays.

Not proud of this but I looked at his phone. Sure enough, there was filthy texts there between him and a girl he'd met from POF who he'd been meeting up with on Tuesdays because that's when her husband worked late.

The girls you went to the fortune teller with, knew about his carry on and probably decided this was the best way to tell you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When he kept cheating on me with other guys. He was very good looking and a demon in the sack but a totally selfish and narcissistic individual.

Fast forward about a year and a half and I'm in a very Happy long term relationship. He rings me out of the blue looking for sex. I was delighted in telling him that I'd moved on and to basically f*ck off. I never heard from him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With a girl for three years. I had my own place and she didn't, so she'd come stay over sometimes. She never ever cooked. I enjoy cooking tbh so I'd never really have issues.

One time I broached the subject of her maybe, possibly rustling up something and the look of bewilderment on her face was a sight to behold. "Fine", she goes all passive aggressively, "you sit down and don't move and I'll bring you something."

A couple minutes later she hands me a cup of warm milk with a tea bag floating in it. That was her effort at a cup of tea. I thought to myself if this is what she's giving me to drink, what's she gonna poison me with for dinner. I went to the kitchen and saw her putting a frozen Goodfellas pizza directly from the freezer to the microwave..... With the cling film still on it.

At that moment I realised I was more like a caregiver than anything else. A lovely girl but I didn't wanna eat melted plastic.

Says a lot about me when I read about the kinds of people who get so many dates no problem. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Just read through all responses. Very relieved to know none of them are me. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Says a lot about me when I read about the kinds of people who get so many dates no problem. :pac:

Just go online and make stuff up like the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Just read through all responses. Very relieved to know none of them are me. ��

Be patient
    We're only on page 32 yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

catbear wrote: »
    but did have a really intense relationship in which I can humbly say didn't bring glory to either of us.

Everybody should have a relationship like this at least once in their lives.

Maybe not their last one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

From reading this entire thread it has made me realise that 95% of the madness in a relationship comes from the female side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mfceiling wrote:
    From reading this entire thread it has made me realise that 95% of the madness in a relationship comes from the female side!!

Well that should ensure the thread lasts for another few pages anyway. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

mfceiling wrote: »

Then you have learned nothing, grasshopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

One guy who was pushing 40 (I'm in my 20's) I said I'd try the older man maybe he was more mature. The guy was still out drinking every weekend like he was a teenager fair enough some men never grow up. Kept promising to take me out for a meal but then would take to me pubs instead I would be sitting there starving cos I thought we would be eating. Told me he was with someone for 20 years but did nothing but cheat on her. He said he didn't cheat after he got married so the maths did not add up there..
    I quickly dropped him after he explained he didn't use protection but if I got pregnant he would do the noble thing of paying for an abortion.
    I told him I was getting back with my ex and we were moving in together to get him to stop contacting me ( telling him I didn't wanna be with him wasn't working he kept ringing and texting) which he rung me and was on the phone for a half hour telling me what I big mistake I was making and that I was being 'cold' and he did nothing to deserve such treatment. In fairness I had sent three polite messages explaining it wasn't going to work in the nicest possible way. He still texts and rings every few months I just ignore him completely feel so bad for whoever ends up with him!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Well, it's not 95%. A majority of stories here are about women but a majority of posters here are straight men sooo..

Now, drop that crap and don't ruin a good thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Time to face facts so, your only option is turning gay.
    Let us know how that works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

My stories are not about relationships but def warning bell moments;

About 2 and half years ago I went on a date with a guy I met online. He was cute and intelligent and we were studying the same thing. As the night went on we chatted about mental health and psychology n stuff... He casually drops into conversation that he gets these psychotic breaks sometimes and that sometimes he has to get off the bus cause he starts getting panicky and has visions of himself doing actual physical harm to someone (anyone) on the bus.... :eek:

Then there was the situation where I was casually hooking up with someone I was in college with. It started getting wobbly when I started hearing some really dickhead stories about him from other classmates. I distanced myself from him and after we'd been out one night and I'd been a little cool with him he started sending me abusive texts after I'd left the pub. When I got home I discovered that he had blasted something very personal about me on my Facebook page!! That was it for me so I never spoke to him again.
    Cue our next big college night out, months later, and he rocks up uninvited. As the group whittled down he positioned himself sitting closer to me and then proceeded to scream abuse at me in front of all our college friends. Screaming at me, calling me a psycho and trying to show me up as a lunatic (which was having quite the opposite affect!) as I sat there on my hands (so that I didn't punch him) and didn't even look at him. The more I ignored him, the more and more agitated his got. Eventually it got so out of hand the guys I was with had to get involved and tell him to shut up or leave. The whole thing almost came to blows. I was gobsmacked!
    There had been signs of him being a little bit mental alright, but I got sucked in, like others, cause he was fantastic in the sack.:D

ETA: Actually how that night ended was pretty funny! So after his psycho ranting we managed to calm him down and in the interest of trying to make things a little less awkward for the whole group I sat and had a private conversation with him. We talked things out a bit but my only interest was keeping the peace and getting away from him. So he apologised, I apologised we were all fine. We moved on to the next bar and he's all over my like a rash, wants to buy me a drink, then at the bar gets all pushy and wants us to give things a shot between us, tries to kiss me etc. I am thinking "**** no!! No chance" so I'm explaining that it's a little difficult to get my head around the fact that he was screaming in my face calling me a psycho 5 mins ago. He keeps pushing and is adamant that he wants to give things a go with us. I give in and tell him that I'll meet him the next day to talk about everything (with zero intention of actually doing that!). We return to the group and not 2 mins later (I swear to god) he's snogging some random girl pilled off her head about 5ft away from me........!!
    That boy has serious issues.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

HiGlo wrote: »
    About 2 and half years ago I went on a date with a guy I met online. He was cute and intelligent and we were studying the same thing. As the night went on we chatted about mental health and psychology n stuff... He casually drops into conversation that he gets these psychotic breaks sometimes and that sometimes he has to get off the bus cause he starts getting panicky and has visions of himself doing actual physical harm to someone (anyone) on the bus.... :eek:

With all due respect this is not a comment on you but on the status of mental health in Ireland in general. Sounds like that guy described the symptoms of a anxiety and panic attack and it also sounds like he has no idea what it is. The only alarm bell here is that he and the people around him don't know what it is and are stigmatising the behaviour.

Advertisement