Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    It starts small then ejaculates quite quickly

That's great to know.
    Now can we get back to the subject and stop on about your penis!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Too many to mention.

Usually involving drink. Being chased by a mad woman with a coal shovel was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

It wasn't a relationship as such.

I entertained the possibility of sleeping with a 19 year old after a night out a few months ago. I'm nearly 40.

The demon drink again.
    Do it! You might not get another chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

An ex went out with her friends for the night. I had no problem with this except she lied about doing so. She then broke up with me a few weeks later stating that she wasn't attracted me anymore. I could live with it. A few weeks after this a good friend of mines girlfriend, the friend and one of her friends that just adored creating drama told me that she slept with someone else. I took it as a lucky escape. Cut all contact with her and her dramatic friend and haven't looked back since.

A woman I was seeing became extremely clingy extremely quickly. I have no problem with affection but this was borderline obsession. Started talking about very serious future things in the space of under a month. A lucky escape. I have no problem with commitment or relationships, just when things get heavy in such a short space of time it makes me feel irked. I mean the woman was talking about the possibility of us moving in etc. This is fair enough as it would progress naturally to that stage. But for the discussion to happen when we're not even a couple is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I have entertained that notion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Being nearly 33 myself if I'd a chance to go off with a 19 year old right now I'd definitely take it. Grab life by the balls every chance you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I'm 35 and I would. You only live once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Good lord if I could pull off a 19yr old i'd would hop off her - Id be afraid of breaking her though - still - 19!!! God be with the days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Here's the quickest get out moment I ever had.

Called to see my friend who is married to a Thai girl.
    Chatting away with my friend when his wife comes down stairs and says "come upstairs I have surprise for you."
    Reluctantly I follow her up the stairs and into a room where she points at a computer screen where there's a girl looking at me waving and says "hello sexy man!"
    I had only just split up with someone and now my mates missus was standing there giggling saying "she you new girlfriend"
    The tyre marks can still be seen outside my mates house from the getaway I done!!:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

blackcard wrote: »
    On a second date when she seemed to be outlining the conditions of a pre-nup. She said she wasn't high maintainance. Said that she, naturally, would give up work. I would pay all bills, household expenses etc. All she wanted was €50 euro for girls nights out on Tuesdays, €50 for hair and beauty products and €60 discretionary spending weekly. Seemed like a business transaction.

€160 a week, would she mind my kids for that price? I'm paying twice that on child care at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

ardinn wrote: »
    Good lord if I could pull off a 19yr old i'd would hop off her - Id be afraid of breaking her though - still - 19!!! God be with the days!!

You'd need two strong aran islanders with a crow bar and a shovel to prise me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Do it! You might not get another chance :)

Pulled an 18 year old when I was 36. No regrets but in my defence he did pretend to be older. I would say go for it.

Folks, telling a 40 year old man to split or burst or break a teenager...it's a bit creepy...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There's always one

Folks, telling a 40 year old man to split or burst or break a teenager...it's a bit creepy...

I'm pretty ok with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

...he might be hung like a mouse, tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I was just going to reply it is legal but then i thought of my 19 year old daughter with a 40 year old and it did change my mind on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭blackcard

Clareman wrote: »
    €160 a week, would she mind my kids for that price? I'm paying twice that on child care at the moment

I had the feeling, if I was that way inclined, I could have got her down to € 140 a week with a bit of haggling. Who says romance is dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Went out with a guy twice and he got dumped for:

Talking about our "one-week anniversary'.
    Asking what cake symbolised our relationship when I mentioned I liked baking.
    Asking why I 'had' to read the books in my To Read pile (question does not compute).
    Constantly wanting to play 'his' music - as in music he made.
    Saying that he should have brought one of 'his' films for us to watch, one that he was an extra in.
    Asking searching questions about my relationship with my mother when I joked that visiting my parents drove me to drink.
    Continuing to ask searching questions even after I said that I felt like I was being interrogated.
    Saying my fishtank was 'weird' - not the tank, occupants, or décor, just the fact that I have a fishtank.
    Saying that my living room was cluttered and too dark
    Saying that I had a 'good enough figure under the jumper'.
    Calling my dogs smelly.
    Doing that hilarious 'what do you mean used to be fat, haha' thing when I said I didn't have any biscuits because I watch my weight
    Bombarding me with texts when I said I wasn't interested in seeing him again.

And the Big One: Slipping off the condom while having sex.

Pros: Could talk about Star Trek and Farscape. Looks good in a suit. Brought wine.

Bullet all kinds of dodged there and has yet to be topped, even by the rocker who pulled The Naked Man on me.

kylith wrote: »
    Went out with a guy twice and he got dumped for:

Talking about our "one-week anniversary'.
    Asking what cake symbolised our relationship when I mentioned I liked baking.
    Asking why I 'had' to read the books in my To Read pile (question does not compute).
    Constantly wanting to play 'his' music - as in music he made.
    Saying that he should have brought one of 'his' films for us to watch, one that he was an extra in.
    Asking searching questions about my relationship with my mother when I joked that visiting my parents drove me to drink.
    Continuing to ask searching questions even after I said that I felt like I was being interrogated.
    Saying my fishtank was 'weird' - not the tank, occupants, or décor, just the fact that I have a fishtank.
    Saying that my living room was cluttered and too dark
    Saying that I had a 'good enough figure under the jumper'.
    Calling my dogs smelly.
    Doing that hilarious 'what do you mean used to be fat, haha' thing when I said I didn't have any biscuits because I watch my weight
    Bombarding me with texts when I said I wasn't interested in seeing him again.

Pros: Could talk about Star Trek and Farscape. Looks good in a suit. Brought wine.

Bullet all kinds of dodged there and has yet to be topped, even by the rocker who pulled The Naked Man on me.

Whats the Naked man?

• Advertisement

Never mind - found a description - Cant blame him - you invite him in for tea the obvious next step is nakedness!!

ardinn wrote: »
    Never mind - found a description - Cant blame him - you invite him in for tea the obvious next step is nakedness!!

True. What else should I have expected when I left the room?

"Did you smash it?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Know a 21 year old who got together with a 42 year, male older. They now have 3 lovely children. Yes age important until 18, after that it doesn't matter.

Also know an 80 year old who when she was very young married a widower, older children were the same age as her.

I was with a 42 yr old when I was 23 for a year - My parents thought she was 27 at the time.

What a year that was!!!

What a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

kylith wrote: »

WTF? Was he going for the money shot?

WTF? Was he going for the money shot?

After we'd finished I looked down and asked 'where's the condom gone?' 'It must have fallen off...', he said.

Thank fck I was on the pill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 roysh1

Last year, I'd been seeing someone for about 3 months. We were having a fabulous time. She was a stunner, sexy as hell and dynamite in the sack. Anyway one night she texts me to come around to her place for a bit of 'you know what'. I walk her in to her apartment and her best friend is there with her. He's a gay 6ft 4'' rugby player. She tells me that her friend has fancied me for a while and asks me if I'd fancy a threesome!, and tells me that it would make her very happy if I agreed! I was absolutely gobsmacked and needless to say legged it out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

This is the best thread I've seen on boards since "I hate my Housemate megathread" over on Ranting and Raving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    This is the best thread I've seen on boards since "I hate my Housemate megathread" over on Ranting and Raving.

Aw I forgot about R&R.

Who are the mods there now?

Advertisement