Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I don't really listen to rap albums more of a singles guy but I'd say most listened to projects were.

1. Rich Homie Quan - Back to Basics
    2. Gucci Mane - Droptopwop
    3. Action Bronson - Blue Chips 7000

edit: I forgot. Most listened was easily Lil B - Black Ken. Whopper album best he's ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Harambe wrote: »
    Eminem's new album given a release date of December 15th. Dr. Dre just posted it on Instagram.
    New single

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    New single

Actually can't stand Em anymore. Seems like he is just trying way too hard these days to say something with meaning. He was much better back when he was taking the pi$$ out of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Stab*City wrote: »
    Actually can't stand Em anymore. Seems like he is just trying way too hard these days to say something with meaning. He was much better back when he was taking the pi$$ out of everything.

People grow up, you can't seriously expect him still to rap about the same things he did on mmlp or tes surely?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That Em song sounds all over the place. sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

People grow up, you can't seriously expect him still to rap about the same things he did on mmlp or tes surely?

Exactly thats why i dont like him anymore.

I'm starting to worry I'm just contrary for the sake of it but I think that songs one of the more listenable thing I've heard him do in a while. Productions interesting. He sounds nice an loose. It's too long but it's like two different songs jammed together so that helps a bit. Think the bits where he's crescendoing to angry rap verse ender/transition are annoying as usual but he's doing that a little less than usual which is also nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Theres and image going around of a disk 2 tracklist from the Em album. Its not real though as font and colors are different.
    But, it's pretty much what I expect everyone would want.

171207-Fake-Eminem-Tracklist-800x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Features with ed sheeran and pink?!?! I think Eminem's back on the hard drugs.

Features with ed sheeran and pink?!?! I think Eminem's back on the hard drugs.

They will sell the album for him tho. It kind of makes sense in another aspect. I highly doubt he has that much power in moving albums like he used to in the past by focusing solely on a solo project without features.

• Advertisement

I don't mind them features. Ed is a hip hop lover and he's sounded already doing rap stuff before. Pink.....I f*cking love her first album, and she can still wail her lungs out. So I'd hope that it's something creative rather than a standard 3 verses and Pink crooning out the hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,550 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't imagine this album will sound any different than his past 3 or 4. In saying that, the features aren't surprising. He pretty much only brings people onto his albums to sing hooks anyway, and that's clearly what most of these people are there for. Not expecting much all the same.

New Brockhampton song dropped tonight, it's about as good as everything they've put out this year, with a video to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Harambe wrote: »
    Eminem's new album given a release date of December 15th. Dr. Dre just posted it on Instagram.

It's leaked online 2 days early.

Heard a new rapper out of Tipperary yesterday I think he's class. Whopper producer too.
    https://soundcloud.com/gavindoylemusic/sets/gavindavinci-vol2

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wouldn't be calling for retirement. I think that this is going to be a smart album.

My take, Walk On Water was the track to just establish where he is. The second track is going to establish where he is going. The next one or 2 will be a taste of old Em mixed with new Em.
    Then the next single with Ed.

The following songs will be a mixed bag of angry but progressive songs.

Em is still a deadly rapper, I'm not a fan of the Trump rant, not a big fan of Walk on Water, but I think that it's a place holder on the album.
    But the dude can still out rap everyone when he wants to.

Unfortunately the album was very tough to get through...

Some of the lyrics:

"Started from the bottom like a snowman"
    "I just got that air about me...like wind chimes"
    "her booty is heavy duty like diarrhea"
    "I gotta meter (meet her) like a taxi..."
    "Said my dick is an Apple, she said "put it inside her"(in cider)."
    "I'm swimming in that Egyptian River cause I'm in denial (the Nile)"
    “Grabs the crown off my dick and blows me to kingdom come”
    "I'm so narcissistic, when I fart I sniff it. Do a fake dab to smell my armpits with it"

I seriously don't get how the fuck this was greenlit.

MpwWpJY.png

After hearing the second song, my expectations on the Em album have changed. He's done this now the past 4 albums.

Getting bad reviews everywhere by the sounds of things, plus the album cover is getting loads of abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Worst Eminem album I've ever heard

I could not even listen to the lyrics, because my ears were absolutely poisoned by the horrendous production. Absolute joke

Cannot believe eminem would release such crap....I always noted his downward spiral since relapse (Which i liked) but this is a whole new low for him

0/10

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

10 mins of straight fire

Just listened to Revival in its entirety. Fantastic album, castle and arose particular highlights.

Surely anyone craving the early 00s shady will like Offended if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RIP Eminem. A duet with Ed Sheeran has killed his credibility for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Hello Hollywood, large scale music, Simon cowell signature, very small amount of good Eminem stuff.

You need a token white male vocalist on every commercial rap album. Remember when Mr. Hudson was the go to? Whatever happened to him?

That Black Thought free is very repetitive sounding. People bow down to these old heads but so many of em have such bloody competitive cadences I just phase out. It's not even the good kind of repetitive like Juicy J cos it's just 2 bar intonation not the same 8 bar melody over and over like 3 six mafia.

ricero wrote: »
    RIP Eminem. A duet with Ed Sheeran has killed his credibility for me

Ed Sheeran also popped up on the new NERD album which was released yesterday, have they now got no credibility in your eyes?

Ed Sheeran also popped up on the new NERD album which was released yesterday, have they now got no credibility in your eyes?

Yuup. Sheeran ****ing sucks balls

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Breaking news, Eminem calls it a day from music after someone on an online message board criticizes him for collaborating with Ed Sheeran.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Breaking news, Eminem calls it a day from music after someone on an online message board criticizes him for collaborating with Ed Sheeran.

It would be nice. Eminem hasnt been relevant since encore. His latest effort is downright sad and damages his legacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Listened through revival twice now and I have to say, three or maybe four tracks aside, it's absolute muck imo.

I wouldn't get too worked up about the Ed Sheeran track, the Alicia Keys and Pink features are far worse. "Swimming in that Egyptian river cause I'm in denial"..... Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

It would be nice. Eminem hasnt been relevant since encore. His latest effort is downright sad and damages his legacy

I read this alot, but people seem to forget just how big Love the Way You Lie and Not Afraid were.

Does it hurt that he's more relevant than you ever will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Eminem has been garbage for an extremely long time. His music aged horribly and his albums always had filler. God only knows why anyone would still listen to him in 2010, nevermind 2017.

Advertisement