Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New track from Big Boi from a new album that is in the works. Features Killer Mike and Jeezy, I'm digging this alot.

https://www.audiomack.com/song/akonswils/kill-jill

Also, Big Boi and Killer Mike are working on an EP together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    New track from Big Boi from a new album that is in the works. Features Killer Mike and Jeezy, I'm digging this alot.

https://www.audiomack.com/song/akonswils/kill-jill

Also, Big Boi and Killer Mike are working on an EP together.

spotift link
    https://open.spotify.com/track/0rU1aBF8cQ8xS3H25qWuMz

great song. big boi mad slept on. but the other new big boi song with adam levine isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Homeboy Sandman - Veins
    New 10 track album, picks up where the last album left off. Iff you like what Boy Sand does, you'll like this.
    If you've never listened to him before, you'll like this. Different range of producers on board as well which keeps it fresh.

To listen to: Kendrick and the new Altars album from Sadistik which is getting real good reviews.

Jay-sus, does anyone even breath of this track

• Advertisement

I should add that I've finally listened to DAMN, a few times now, and I don't know where I stand on it. I certainly don't see it as the greatest thing ever like it's being described by many outlets after 1 listen.
    There are soem great songs on it, but there is some stuff on there which I have come to call 'Drake songs' which I do not dig at all.
    And there are some songs that are pretty normal or average that are well skipable.
    It sounds like he was trying to make a more commercial album, or an album that is more easily digestable than his last. I like that there are more West Coast-y songs on it.

In the past his albums have taken a while for me to appreciate, I don't think I'm even there yet with TPAB. This may be the same.

There are tracks that I didn't like during my first few listens like Element, but repeat playthroughs shows it's lasting quality.
    I thought "Love" was the only real kind of Drake song on it, maybe the Rihanna track too.

• Advertisement

That MC Eiht x Premo album has been in the works for years! Looking forward to it.

Here's a song that just popped up on my FB newsfeed, nice rappidy rap rapping song from a former basketball player.

I went out for a 30 minute walk there and started to listen to Brother Ali - All The Beauty In This Whole Life.

By golly it's a good one and I've only got 10 tracks into it. Lyrically, Ali is not ripping mics, but he left that behind a long time ago. In the past he's come accross as preachy, he's left that behind.
    From the moment the first song kicks in, there is an instant uplifting feeling, a spring in my step so to speak. The production in the first 3rd is happy and bouncy, Ant's production has stepped up a notch. The lyrics are simple and effective and uplifting.
    The second third is a bit more minimilistic, more honest and reflective in a way that only Brother Ali can write and vocalise. His TSA story is deep, but yet a little chuckle by him adds a sense of relief from how deep the story is.
    I'm looking forward to the last 3rd of the album, I'll be doing this on my walk tomorrow, it's where I'm getting my best listening done these days.

I listened to the rest of the Brother Ali album, it's wonderful. The final third takes elements from the first 2 thirds and mixes them together beautifully.

I don't think it will ever be a classic, but it's one that will be a joy to listen to from start to finish any time I put it on.

The few songs from that Snoop album are just alright, I'd happily listen, but they don't amaze me at all if that makes sense.

The Mount Kushmore song sounds deadly though from the snippet. West Coast bounce plus Redman = dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

rejjie snow just dropped a mixtape. i haven't listened yet but he's released some good tracks lately

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

link for rejjie's mixtape : https://moonandyou.me/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

link for rejjie's mixtape : https://moonandyou.me/
    the tune with him and joey badas$$ purple tuesday not bad for a fella from glasnevin

The beat in that stomps, Snoop is only alright on it.
    I would have loved to hear Tray Dee do a bit of rapping on it as well, he was dope a few years back.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The beat in that stomps, Snoop is only alright on it.
    I would have loved to hear Tray Dee do a bit of rapping on it as well, he was dope a few years back.

Snoop still a bit laid back but yes agree on the beat.

Album out today, will be picking it up later and share some thoughts

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/snoop-dogg-neva-left-album-stream-new-mixtape.117097.html

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Vince Staples back at it again :cool:

That Vince Staples song is f*cking amazing. Listened to it back to back about 5 or 6 times last night.

Another Beast of a track from MC Eihts new album

Had to remove that link melty, it's a Tidal release only so no sharing here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

Not a 2017 release, but Lil' Ugly Mane's "Mista Thug Isolation" LP is having its 5 year anniversary this year so I got this on the wax from Boomkat record shop last week.
    I f**king love this record. Its so good. On the vinyl it sounds unreal. Worth the purchase if you have a player. Limited edition but they still have copies up there. Highly Highly recomended. Digtals also up on his bandcamp

https://boomkat.com/products/mista-thug-isolation

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I miss the 90s hip hop :(

pone2012 wrote: »

I miss the 90s hip hop :(

I was just about to post it, 3 new tracks of the 25th year re-release of Death Certificate

That track is savage

Hard as nails
    Love it!

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd post this here as it appears to have gone under the radar. There are loads of Binary Star and One B Lo fans out there and they released a new album a week or so ago.

I haven't listened to it yet, but no harm in jamming up the bandcamp link where you can give it a listen

https://onebelo.bandcamp.com/album/water-world-3

Advertisement