Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I said she couldnt get the information from me in the test. The blurb said I wasnt allowed!

Did it last night having been up for the preceeding 20 hours travelling home from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Dying to get onto part b......Scored really well in them for CO comp so hoping this one goes similarly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭redcatstar

Can anyone tell me if they have received the test section yet. As a friend down the country told me she did and it had to be done by the 20th Jan ????this true
    I only did questionaire so far

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Corsha

redcatstar wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if they have received the test section yet. As a friend down the country told me she did and it had to be done by the 20th Jan ????this true
    I only did questionaire so far

Maybe your friend thinks the questionnaire is the test section . Everyone has just done the questionnaire [removed example] . We have to pass this stage to get to the test stage .

Good luck in the next stage . You can do it x

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I did the CO exams last year and didn't pass the questionnaire yet they allowed me do the verbal and numerical but passed the two of the them but had to pass all three to continue in the competition. i've found the questions easier for EO competition in past rather than for CO competition for the reasoning ones. I'm wondering are the questions going to be different to the CO reasoning ones?

Has anyone advice as to where you could practice for the verbal and numerical questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

So do we think we'll be getting the familiarisation material today? If so the testing window could open Thursday?

My job is annoying me today, I could do with some distraction!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

misslemon wrote: »
    So do we think we'll be getting the familiarisation material today? If so the testing window could open Thursday?

My job is annoying me today, I could do with some distraction!
    I was wondering this too.  Do you think that the Stage 2 in person tests will be February or March?  Any ideas?

I know batch one of the administrative officer campaign started stage 2 two weeks after the results were released. So by the time we do part 1b and get the results I'd guess we're talking early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

misslemon wrote: »
    I know batch one of the administrative officer campaign started stage 2 two weeks after the results were released. So by the time we do part 1b and get the results I'd guess we're talking early March.
    Good stuff.  I've no idea if i'll even get through to stage 2 at all but I'm just trying to figure out traveling and all that.  Early March seems reasonable for sure.  Maybe I'll drop them a line to see if they have any tentative schedule in mind.  Cheers!

No problem :) If you get any response let us know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 BeboHun

Does anyone have any links to any sample tests that we could practice on?
    Will they be using the usual cut-e type tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just got a message on public jobs and a text about tests.

Link will be sent on 2nd Feb. Have till 7th Feb to complete.

Verbal Reasoning (17 minutes time limit, 30 questions)
    Numerical Reasoning (17 minutes time limit, 18 questions)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

BeboHun wrote: »
    Does anyone have any links to any sample tests that we could practice on?
    Will they be using the usual cut-e type tests?

This is the link that was sent.

https://www.cebglobal.com/shldirect/en/practice-tests/

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Wheety wrote: »

Feckin' SHL tests! Hate them. Ah well, to practice I will go!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Feckin' SHL tests! Hate them. Ah well, to practice I will go!

Same.. I was hoping for the tab based one as there's less preparation involved.

**** it. Let's be havin' ya SHL!!!!

They're worse than cut-e? How is that possible?!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Why did they change assessment providers?? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

Why did they change assessment providers?? :O

It was shl last eo comp too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Anyone have any experience of the below companies. Thinking about purchasing one or the other. Or has anyone any book recommendations ?

https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/shl-verbal-reasoning-test

Or

http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/numerical-reasoning-tests/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I wouldn't bother. For the last EO competition your numerical reasoning score wasn't counted when ranking, as long as you passed it (about 25%), only the questionnaire and verbal reasoning scores were.

And I don't know how much they can prepare you for reading paragraphs in the verbal reasoning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Just tried the sample numerical test, wow that was tough, really pushed for time. Didn't help though that the person next to me here kept trying to talk about Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Can you only do the tests once or can you do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 YourPaceOrMine

I took the practice test, are they for real with the numerical test! It's not NASA we're applying to!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The numerical exam for the LCC positions were a lot easier than what we are given for these...

You can do them a few times, I just did it again, still no where near finishing them in the allocated time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 YourPaceOrMine

Yeah I didn't get anywhere near finished, I struggle with maths problem solving and I got more than half wrong. Do these type of questions any relevance to the position we will be filling, if I could complete the questions in that time and get them right I wouldn't be working for EO salary...

I am a CO at the moment and to be honest I don't see the correlation between the test and the EO's where I work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Are both tests done back to back?

For the sample you can just do 1 or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Areas wrote: »
    For the sample you can just do 1 or the other.

But when it comes to completing the actual test, are they two seperate 17minute tests that we can take seperately?

Advertisement